Robert Knowles is a true Cane

Its fair game to call out players man, thats the nature of the beast. If they are not performing well what are we suppose to do not say anything? We discuss the good and the bad here

Advertisement
I lead the flag football league in sacks

I lead my bball team to the championship

but sure, defend the guy all you want you nuts

( the flag football team also went to the championship )
It’s hard to believe a “can I get in coach” guy like yourself turned into a all world ymca adult flag league champ...oh and let me also include your great males league b-ball chip..the next peter warrick

If it takes injury for an undeserving player not to play bc of idiotic coaching decisions then I’m all for it...I don’t even care if someone celebrates it..i won’t bc it’s bad karma & I believe in karma.

Easy to be sentimental in the off-season.

When you’re 6 beers deep and you see him whiff against an FSU receiver late in the game and the chant comes out, we’ll see how you feel OP. You’ll forget quickly how hard he tried in matt drills in February.

Advertisement
I’ve never had anything but respect for the kid. He works hard and doesn’t complain. All admirable traits. Not his fault coaches put him in.
Having said that I hope he doesn’t any meaningful snaps of defense this year.

"Giving it your all" is meaningless when the player in question can't hack it at this level.

He's a Donofrio special who should probably be battling to make the two-deep at Bethune-Cookman

Edit: some of you apparently don’t know how to read long posts, so I’ll write a brief summary up here: it’s totally fine to call out and bash RK for playing like *** on the field. It is NOT OK to celebrate when he (or any other Canes player) gets hurt. That is all.

I’ve been reading a lot of hate on the boards about Robert Knowles, and some of it is genuinely ugly stuff.

Just like Malik Rosier last year, this is a guy who suits up as a Miami Hurricane and puts his body on the line. I saw people cheering that he was hurt, and that’s un****ingbelievable.

I understand hating coaches for making dumb personnel decisions, or bashing players that turn down the U and go elsewhere (Alabaga, Jawja, etc). In fact, I understand bashing a player if they just don’t care about the team (Nkosi last year, for example).

A player does not control if they play or do not. The coach does. A player can only control the effort they put in, and how the conduct themselves on and off the field.

Robert Knowles is a ******* Cane. He may not be the most athletically gifted, but he gives his all, and that is all we can ask for. If Manny/Blake see fit to play someone in front of him, which will likely be the case, that’s fantastic - but that is never an excuse to bash a current or former player.

Cane family.
I hear that but I ain’t not rocking with Rosier at all “🤫wasn’t for them”.

Easy to be sentimental in the off-season.

When you’re 6 beers deep and you see him whiff against an FSU receiver late in the game and the chant comes out, we’ll see how you feel OP. You’ll forget quickly how hard he tried in matt drills in February.

I hope you enjoyed those beers...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back