Robert Knowles is a true Cane

OP has a solid point. A large part of me agree with the post. However, only 243 post in 8 years, and the 244th is regarding Bobby Knowles?....I am calling...

View attachment 82238

Though funny funny af! Wait one mfing minute (Trick Daddy voice). I come on this board to hear great opinions, thoughts, insight, and insider information. When I have some, I will share. Until then I'm like a painting on a wall, in a room you never go in. You know it's there, but the purpose is decorative only. Trust me, you dont want any non funny, aesthetically pleasing fans, posting just to increase their count....

Hint- It looks something like this post.

Advertisement
OP is correct. All the repetitive bashing says far more about the doofus doing it than the guy they're doing it to.

a true cane would pull himself out of the game knowing you're a liability

i've done it myself in rec leagues when I was a teenager in basketball. I've done it in flag football when I was 14 and got an accidental roughing the passer penalty. No one told me to sit down, I slowly walked over to the bench and sat myself down for the rest of the game

Advertisement
I’ve been reading a lot of hate on the boards about Robert Knowles, and some of it is genuinely ugly stuff.

Just like Malik Rosier last year, this is a guy who suits up as a Miami Hurricane and puts his body on the line. I saw people cheering that he was hurt, and that’s un****ingbelievable.

I understand hating coaches for making dumb personnel decisions, or bashing players that turn down the U and go elsewhere (Alabaga, Jawja, etc). In fact, I understand bashing a player if they just don’t care about the team (Nkosi last year, for example).

A player does not control if they play or do not. The coach does. A player can only control the effort they put in, and how the conduct themselves on and off the field.

Robert Knowles is a ******* Cane. He may not be the most athletically gifted, but he gives his all, and that is all we can ask for. If Manny/Blake see fit to play someone in front of him, which will likely be the case, that’s fantastic - but that is never an excuse to bash a current or former player.

Cane family.

how do you know he's giving his all?

Just like Malik Rosier last year, this is a guy who suits up as a Miami Hurricane and puts his body on the line. I saw people cheering that he was hurt, and that’s un****ingbelievable.
I just him fully healthy, just away from my team. Is this better?

You're right, it's the coaches at fault he plays here, but Knowles doesn't get sympathy for just showing up, he has to earn love/admiration from fans by being good.

Advertisement
a true cane would pull himself out of the game knowing you're a liability

i've done it myself in rec leagues when I was a teenager in basketball. I've done it in flag football when I was 14 and got an accidental roughing the passer penalty. No one told me to sit down, I slowly walked over to the bench and sat myself down for the rest of the game

For the first time in a long, long time a post made me laugh out loud.

Props to you!

Advertisement
Op must be in favor of participation trophies

Fück that.

Canes are Canes. There have been great players at the U, there have been ****** players, and a ton of average ones.

If they put on the U, you can call them out on their play all you want. However, needlessly bashing a player and hoping he gets injured is beyond ****ed up. If you are going to do that, the gata is up north, grab some jorts and enjoy.

We all know what Knowles is as a player, and if you want to bag on his ability as a football player, be my guest. This is Miami. If you don't produce, you get criticized. It's just the way it is.

However, if you cheer/are happy when a Miami player gets injured, under any circumstance, you're a spineless pvssy and I hope your wife cheats on you repeatedly. But let's be honest, if you're that kind of ****head, I'm sure she already does.

Advertisement
Respect OP. But I think the problem most of us have is that he’s not putting his body on the line. Dude looks so timid out there. There’s that clip of Deejays punt return ba Pitt where Homer and others are laying crackbacks all over the field and Knowles is just standing there like he’s waiting for a bus.

Advertisement
Back