Robert Burns

I am pulling for the young man. Given that he has had ankle, and shoulder issues, the thing that may be tougher than the injuries is the rehab. The fact that he is participating in practice, and could potentially be a contributing players speaks well for his attitude, and work ethic. It's easy to throw in the towel. It does not appear that he has done that.

Advertisement
Burns had bone issues with his feet for the last few years that have been surgically repaired.Like many other injuries the last few years he has put extra pressures on his other parts of his body that created other injuries and gave him the reputation of always being injured.Last year Walton had a badly sprained ankle and hurt his good ankle worse trying to play or Richards who had a hamstring pull and hurt his knee trying to contribute.Burns looks completely healed and is running like his high school highlights film.He could be a pleasant surprise.He reminds me of a young Jonathan Stewart.

Stewart is a pretty good comparison. Probably more dynamic.

Advertisement
I think Burns just staying healthy a full season is a win - from both a physical and mental standpoint for him.

The Top 3 of Homer/Dallas/Lingard will be firmly entrenched. It's going to be hard enough finding carries for just those 3.

If Burns can get a few garbage time carries, contribute on Special Teams and maybe in spots as a FB - I think that's more than enough to expect from him this year. I'd be happy with that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back