Robert Burns

Probably the biggest neg on him is his injury history. But since next year he has no chance of playing ahead of Walton, Yearby, or Gus if he stays, and is a yr behind Homer, He will get Redshirted or at the very least little PT. And he should hope to get RS. The best thing for him is probably becoming 100% healthy and stronger so that injuries won't continue to derail his career.

Advertisement
He will probably be redshirted next year. Our RB depth will look pretty good next year assuming no transfers.

Walton (Jr.)
Yearby (Sr.)
Edwards (RS Sr.)
Gray (SR?)
Homer (SO)
Burns (FR)
McFarland (FR) (hopefully)

Unless we really need Burns and McFarland on special teams, we should be able to redshirt them both, but at least one of them, in my opinion.

If he gets another year of no activity they're going to have to retrain him how to walk. The dude's been more dormant than a hibernating bear.

Idk about this kid. Not to harp on him or anything but two years ago our backup high school running back (James Jackson) transferred to Gulliver and he's nothing special (to put in perspective Jackson was a backup to a guy committed to a D3 school; still good, but not D1 caliber). Yet he's getting more reps than Burns. Now he (Jackson) may have gotten significantly better over the past two years, but idk if Burns is 4 star material. McFarland is a must-get and he will be clearly the RB1 in this class, no doubt about it.

Advertisement
We probably lose a RB to transfer. Many upperclassmen on the roster now. Burns has top 5 talent of the 17 RB class. Should be a great one

Concern is legit because he hasn't played much last 2 years, but from the film there is of him it's impressive. I like the kid and apparently so does the staff, but his durability is questionable.

Advertisement
Anything we get out of him, it'll be a surprise to me. I can say without a doubt, the interest he's received for doing virtually nothing is the most bizarre thing I've seen in 15 years of recruiting. I just have a hard time putting any expectations on someone who can't stay healthy at the high school level, but will all of a sudden do so in college.

Anything we get out of him, it'll be a surprise to me. I can say without a doubt, the interest he's received for doing virtually nothing is the most bizarre thing I've seen in 15 years of recruiting. I just have a hard time putting any expectations on someone who can't stay healthy at the high school level, but will all of a sudden do so in college.

I feel like health wasn't the reason for lack of playing time...

Advertisement
He will probably be redshirted next year. Our RB depth will look pretty good next year assuming no transfers.

Walton (Jr.)
Yearby (Sr.)
Edwards (RS Sr.)
Gray (SR?)
Homer (SO)
Burns (FR)

Unless we really need Burns and McFarland on special teams, we should be able to redshirt them both, but at least one of them, in my opinion.

If he gets another year of no activity they're going to have to retrain him how to walk. The dude's been more dormant than a hibernating bear.

Sasquatch?

Advertisement

Walton (Jr.)
Yearby (Sr.)
Edwards (RS Sr.)
Gray (SR?)
Homer (SO)
Burns (FR)

I can't remember a dominant 5th year senior running back. I don't care if we shirt them or not.

Walton (Jr.)
Yearby (Sr.)
Edwards (RS Sr.)
Gray (SR?)
Homer (SO)
Burns (FR)

Depth chart should be attractive to incoming freshman. After next year we will only have Homer.

Walton should leave early to the pros and the rest will graduate.

Walton (Jr.)
Yearby (Sr.)
Edwards (RS Sr.)
Gray (SR?)
Homer (SO)
Burns (FR)

I can't remember a dominant 5th year senior running back. I don't care if we shirt them or not.

Fair enough, it is useful for putting a year between McFarland and Burns if one of them redshirts though.

Advertisement
Back