Robert Burns

He will probably be redshirted next year. Our RB depth will look pretty good next year assuming no transfers.

Walton (Jr.)
Yearby (Sr.)
Edwards (RS Sr.)
Gray (SR?)
Homer (SO)
Burns (FR)
McFarland (FR) (hopefully)

Unless we really need Burns and McFarland on special teams, we should be able to redshirt them both, but at least one of them, in my opinion.

I can't remember a dominant 5th year senior running back. I don't care if we shirt them or not.

Fair enough, it is useful for putting a year between McFarland and Burns if one of them redshirts though.

Put them both on special teams. If these kids are any good, lets get them on the field in some way.

Advertisement
He will probably be redshirted next year. Our RB depth will look pretty good next year assuming no transfers.

Walton (Jr.)
Yearby (Sr.)
Edwards (RS Sr.)
Gray (SR?)
Homer (SO)
Burns (FR)
McFarland (FR) (hopefully)

Unless we really need Burns and McFarland on special teams, we should be able to redshirt them both, but at least one of them, in my opinion.

I can't remember a dominant 5th year senior running back. I don't care if we shirt them or not.

Fair enough, it is useful for putting a year between McFarland and Burns if one of them redshirts though.

Put them both on special teams. If these kids are any good, lets get them on the field in some way.

There is no reason to redshirt a player unless he is injured or just not good enough. If these freshmen are the real deal, you find them a spot on ST at the least. Also, I doubt both Gus and Yearby come back.

My money is on Homer and Walton for next season for our duo. I think Yearby bolts. He's a poppa and the hits are adding up. Gus is Blackvern's man, but the Bus has yet to get out of the station. I think Homer's acceleration and top end speed are going to surprise a few Canes.

Advertisement
what are Burns' other legit offers? it's hard to believe a kid who hasn't played in years is worthy of a ship. how can you even project him for the college game?

My money is on Homer and Walton for next season for our duo. I think Yearby bolts. He's a poppa and the hits are adding up. Gus is Blackvern's man, but the Bus has yet to get out of the station. I think Homer's acceleration and top end speed are going to surprise a few Canes.

Who is this blackvern you speak of?

President of the Gus Bus fan club...author Bleak visions.

It was sarcasm. I know he is on self ban.

Advertisement

I missed this , what's the self ban for?

He had the Mods ban his IP address. He couldn't take UM losing any longer.

Clearly he is missed.

I'm sure the Nole boards are doing just fine with him.

what are Burns' other legit offers? it's hard to believe a kid who hasn't played in years is worthy of a ship. how can you even project him for the college game?

Aside from ND still being on him throughout this year...

FSU, USF, Wisconsin, and Ohio State offered him after his freshman year.

Miami, Bama, Clemson, UVA, and Tennessee offered him after his Sophomore year.

Idk when they offered but he also has offers from:

UGA, Cincy, Pitt, Ole Miss, South Carolina, West Virginia, and FAU.

Duke/UNC both have records of evaluating him and didn't offer.

Advertisement

They clearly aren't satisfied with just him as our RB for the class, but as of now he is our best option

Yeah...I guess I missed it too.

Advertisement

Funny that ever since he requested to be banned that we've started winning again.

Advertisement
Back