Robert Burns

@Peter Ariz What can we expect from Burns, kid has no real stats for the last 2 seasons?
No one can honestly answer that question

Here's Burns stats.

IMO - his star rating came from a good Freshman season where people thought "if he's this good now, he's going to be REALLY good by the time he's a Senior". But then he never progressed.

Stat wise, he's never really done anything special.

Burns Career Stats.png

Advertisement
@Peter Ariz What can we expect from Burns, kid has no real stats for the last 2 seasons?

Here's Burns stats.

IMO - his star rating came from a good Freshman season where people thought "if he's this good now, he's going to be REALLY good by the time he's a Senior". But then he never progressed.

View attachment 40205

That just doesn't equal an offer IMO but I'm willing to give the staff the benefit of the doubt. I'll feel a lot better about it if we also ink McFarland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember people last year saying this kid was the future. Seems like they are quiet now. Multiple people in the Jawon Hamilton said "just wait till next year, we will have burns coming." I wonder what made them so confident in the kid. I hope they end up right, but it's a little perplexing.

Here's Burns stats.

View attachment 40205

That just doesn't equal an offer IMO but I'm willing to give the staff the benefit of the doubt. I'll feel a lot better about it if we also ink McFarland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, his production and film don't add up to an offer for me. But I think he's worth an offer because he's a physical freak. If it doesn't work out at RB, maybe he can make some type of contribution at FB, LB, or ST. His athleticism is worth the risk.

IMO we need to recruit in a way that if Burns contributes, it's a bonus. We shouldn't be recruiting in a way where we're relying on Burns to contribute.

If McFarland doesn't come, we still need a 2nd RB in this class.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I remember people last year saying this kid was the future. Seems like they are quiet now. Multiple people in the Jawon Hamilton said "just wait till next year, we will have burns coming." I wonder what made them so confident in the kid. I hope they end up right, but it's a little perplexing.

His film when healthy simply jumped off the screen especially at that size.......... bo Jackson reincarnated kidding kidding. Seriously this kid was a monster on that sophomore film I never get impressed by film and his film really blew me away.

Hopefully he's feeling better.

If there's anyone who deserves a little faith when it comes to RB recruiting it's Richt and Brown.

They absolutely know what a good prospect looks like. Pretty good track record of coaching studs at the collegiate level.

this is the lone kid i have no clue about..never really liked..and the strangest junior and senior season. Jorge Baez not on staff hes not here.

Advertisement
Back