Robert Burns signing day

Advertisement

That's pretty confusing. Is Pete saying Burns is a 5star back or is Pete saying Baez thinks Burns is a 5 star back? Just the other day when asked about Burns Pete said that he didn't expect for us to ever get anything out of him.

Wait, que? Can we get clarification on this? I have no opinion of Burns as there just isn't enough to see yet. Would like to hear from people who are making the projections.

Pete was asked if he expected Burns to ever contribute and he said no.

Advertisement
How is he signing early? Are they grant in aid papers? Is it the official offer but not sent to UM yet? or did the rules cahnge?

Advertisement
Advertisement

That's pretty confusing. Is Pete saying Burns is a 5star back or is Pete saying Baez thinks Burns is a 5 star back? Just the other day when asked about Burns Pete said that he didn't expect for us to ever get anything out of him.

Look at the date of the tweet. Burns hadn't had his injuries yet, at that point he was considered a can't miss superstar prospect. I disagree with Pete though, I think he contributes.

LOL. Thanks. I totally missed that!

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Pete is a great reporter but a crappy talent evaluator in my opinion. After building up Brad Kaaya and other highly rated recruits over the years and being completely wrong, I would trust the opinion of someone that is an expert on the matter, such as Thomas Brown, Don Soldinger, Butch Davis, etc..

Not trying to knock Pete. He is great at what he does but I just don't think that he has an eye for talent evaluation.

[TWEET]810339096178659328[/TWEET]

I've got faith in this kid, seems like a hard worker.

Advertisement
Back