Robert Burns final season stats

Ricky was a mental enigma that mailed it in to smoke weed after 5 years in the league you idiots.

You think the Longhorns care what Ricky did in the league? Lol.. I barely care what a Hurricane does in the nfl as long as he's being productive while a Cane.. It's only a bonus if a Cane is doing something in the league

Soft Ricky Williams

Pro Bowl (2002)
First-team All-Pro (2002)
NFL rushing yards leader (2002)
Heisman Trophy (1998)
Walter Camp Award (1998)
Maxwell Award (1998)
Chic Harley Award (1998)
AP College Football Player of the Year (1998)
SN College Football Player of the Year (1998)
2× Consensus All-American (1997, 1998)
2× Doak Walker Award (1997, 1998)
2× Jim Brown Trophy (1997, 1998)

Too lazy to put up his high school accomplishments

LOL.. LOOOOOL

Last edited:
Advertisement
I prefer all our incoming RB recruits to have this much tread left on their tires. Buddy is like a showroom model.

Lugenbill was talking about the RB class overall a couple of weeks ago and mentioned Burns as a sleeper nationally. Hopefully that's the case.

Met Robert Burns this week, very friendly and intelligent kid, told me he was solid to the U. I've seen him at Gulliver games in past years and always thought his ceiling was higher than Walton or Yearby. I still think that Gulliver limited his snaps this year so he would be completely recovered and ready for the U.

His close friends also told me Notre Dame is throwing everything they have to try and flip him, and he's not exactly turning a deaf ear to them. In the end, I think he ends up here just because he's extremely close to Joe Jackson and Baez.

I have to believe it's something like this, otherwise I don't understand it. Coach getting mad every time the kids name is brought up, maybe he really wanted to use him but people at Miami and parents told him no to get the kid a full year of recuperation, almost like a pre college redshirt.

Not that that makes much sense but it's what I have to believe if we're gonna take a kid who hasn't played in two years.

On another note, sophomore tape is ridiculous.

Advertisement
The talent is clearly there with this kid. Personally I'm glad he didn't get the ball 200 times behind a bad OL and take a beating for no reason. Like another poster said this was literally a RS year before he gets on campus.

Is he still trying to EE?

Wouldn't be surprised if UM staff influenced Gullivers decision to not play him much.

His scholarship wasn't going anywhere, so why risk the kids future by playing him before he had a chance to fully recover.

Advertisement
Met Robert Burns this week, very friendly and intelligent kid, told me he was solid to the U. I've seen him at Gulliver games in past years and always thought his ceiling was higher than Walton or Yearby. I still think that Gulliver limited his snaps this year so he would be completely recovered and ready for the U.

His close friends also told me Notre Dame is throwing everything they have to try and flip him, and he's not exactly turning a deaf ear to them. In the end, I think he ends up here just because he's extremely close to Joe Jackson and Baez.

Why would a team hurt their chances at winning in order to help another team win two years from now?

Why would a team hurt their chances at winning in order to help another team win two years from now?

ummmm because a college scholarship and balling out in college is much more important putting up meaningless stats for some ****bag high school squad. common sense.

ummmm because a college scholarship and balling out in college is much more important putting up meaningless stats for some ****bag high school squad. common sense.

Common sense? I guess if the kid makes the call, but wouldn't you think the coaches and the school would decided? Why would THEY hurt THEIR chances at winning so that one player could possibly help his playing career at some indeterminate time in the future at another institution?

Advertisement

Common sense? I guess if the kid makes the call, but wouldn't you think the coaches and the school would decided? Why would THEY hurt THEIR chances at winning so that one player could possibly help his playing career at some indeterminate time in the future at another institution?

To keep a good relationship with that school. So when there are Paradise Camps or Mark Richt camps or Coaching clinics sponsored by UM/Richt ALL EXPENSES PAID by the way...the Gulliver coaches dont get mysteriously left off the list of invites. Its all a game. You know this.

It's a good take, imo, regardless of production this past year. The lack of production is a head scratcher but I'm sure the coaches are aware.

The kid is a tremendous athlete - ran an 11.10-11.20 as a freshman in HS. Granted, he hasn't improved on that time too much, but the ability is there.

You're not signing this kid because you think he'll be the next great RB at the U. You're signing him because he's a great athlete, local, has great size, is a good kid and comes from a school that we target often. At the very worst, he can be a STs guy his first couple years. You need athletes like him on your roster.

Is he going to the under armour game? It would be interesting if he actually plays. Especially if he plays well.

Advertisement
It's funny. Everyone is asking about Burns as a take as if he is taking another RB spot who is dying to be here. Then we base it off of high school stats? Get real. Yearby was a workhorse at Central and turned out to be average here.

If the kid is fully healed by the time he gets here, he has the goods, you take him. Too much stock wasted in high school stats.

https://youtu.be/rITHJGpvPXo

That's what I found on YouTube

To keep a good relationship with that school. So when there are Paradise Camps or Mark Richt camps or Coaching clinics sponsored by UM/Richt ALL EXPENSES PAID by the way...the Gulliver coaches dont get mysteriously left off the list of invites. Its all a game. You know this.

Guess I'm the only one not seeing this. So why doesn't this happen more? I see stud players playing full seasons, what makes this kid special?

Just not seeing how a HS coach is going to let somebody tell him what to do with his team so that he can get invited to a party.

Guess I'm the only one not seeing this. So why doesn't this happen more? I see stud players playing full seasons, what makes this kid special?

Just not seeing how a HS coach is going to let somebody tell him what to do with his team so that he can get invited to a party.

In particular if he's on scholarship there.

I would've kicked his *** off the team providing he's medically cleared to play. I would also have to question his passion for the game itself and wonder how hard he's willing to work considering he hasn't had any major injuries. I would daresay his coach is sick of him from his responses when asked about him.

He is one giant question mark and perhaps there's a legitimate reason for his lack of play. The absurdity that we're asking him to sit is dumb as **** though. That would assume we're worried about how fragile the dude is, thus we wouldn't even bother honoring his offer. Should Gulliver produce more prospects we want, we won't be blackballing them because they played Burns....we would recruit them. Dumb camp theory as well.

Not saying this will happen at all but I will laugh so hard if this kid ends up breaking every RB record we have at the school.

Advertisement
Back