Robert Burns final season stats

This dude's production is off the charts. I hope there's some tread left on that tire. He's been a workhorse at Gulliver.

Advertisement
Can someone link the pop-warner HUDL highlights of this kid? It's apparently the last time he had over 10 carries in a game. Curious to see that size/speed combo. Any film on his P.E games of flag football in middle school would be appreciated as well - could get a good gauge of his quickness and elusiveness off of that.

Kid looks uber talented. Having said that, I'm very cautious when a kid is limited or not used at all in this type of scenario. A high school coaches job is to try and win, albeit health being a factor - if he's not being used then what's the injury? I'm still cool with taking him so long as we get McFarland. But it's a really weird issue here.

Advertisement
Again dudes falling in love with stats.....watch the film. If mostpeople here recruited they would never watch film just look at his stats. Does his speed and vision translate to thenext level and frame.....kids a take period.

Advertisement
Again dudes falling in love with stats.....watch the film. If mostpeople here recruited they would never watch film just look at his stats. Does his speed and vision translate to thenext level and frame.....kids a take period.

The sophomore film is insane. Dalvin Cook esque. I actually said he's got the highest ceiling of any south Florida running back since Dalvin. Even that year he played like 4 games and didn't get 500 yards. Being injured all the time is a huge concern, it's probably something as simple as the kid needs to drink some **** milk. It's crazy, but Malik Foreman a DB at Tennessee used to work out at a facility that I trained guys at and he stayed injured as a sophomore and junior. Just dinged up type injuries that he played through. The owner of the facility used to play in the NFL and just told him to start eating cereal with milk for breakfast, he does it to this day and hasn't been injured since.

As for Burns, if we were loaded at RB, I'd say pass. But our backfield is extremely dull and full of average backs. We don't have a choice but to take this guy and hope it works itself out. At one point in time he was number 5 in the ESPN rankings. Talent obviously isn't the question

Say what makes you feel good to disparage this young man, but he seems like an incredible person in interviews. As for his talent, he ran like Bo Jackson in the sophomore highlights I saw. I'll take the young man every day of the week...just hope he doesn't get soft like Ricky Williams. He is a big, fast, elusive kid when firing on all cylinders.

Say what makes you feel good to disparage this young man, but he seems like an incredible person in interviews. As for his talent, he ran like Bo Jackson in the sophomore highlights I saw. I'll take the young man every day of the week...just hope he doesn't get soft like Ricky Williams. He is a big, fast, elusive kid when firing on all cylinders.

LOL.. Ricky Williams is an all time great COLLEGE rb.. Would be a great get if Burns ended up half, no 1/10 the player Ricky was at the collegiate level.. LOL

What film? You got all that from film of him sitting in a hot tub?

Advertisement

I don't need film when I have my imagination. I've already got Travis Homer penciled in at DB because Robert Burns is our most talented back since Frank Gore.

I don't need film when I have my imagination. I've already got Travis Homer penciled in at DB because Robert Burns is our most talented back since Frank Gore.

Lou Gehrig is going to chew up someone's 4 carries next year. I'll guarantee that.

So a kid that really hasnt played in 2 years in high school is not soft but Ricky Williams who is 3rd all time in college rushing yards is soft..... Burns couldnt even hold Ricky's jock without getting hurt

The stupidity on this board sometimes amazes me....it shouldnt but it does

Advertisement

So a kid that really hasnt played in 2 years in high school is not soft but Ricky Williams who is 3rd all time in college rushing yards is soft..... Burns couldnt even hold Ricky's jock without getting hurt

Did that clown call Ricky Williams soft? That dude ran like a bowling ball with Ginsu knives sticking out of it. He was a savagely hard runner.

I'm not questioning Burns talent, that's not a question. But the fact that his film over the last couple of years is basically non-existent is my concern here. Why can't he see the field? Is he constantly hurt? Are little injuries keeping him from seeing the field?

It's not like Gulliver is filled to the brim with D-1 talent this year either.

I'm not questioning Burns talent, that's not a question. But the fact that his film over the last couple of years is basically non-existent is my concern here. Why can't he see the field? Is he constantly hurt? Are little injuries keeping him from seeing the field?

It's not like Gulliver is filled to the brim with D-1 talent this year either.

Torn labrum his Junior year, and I think a high ankle sprain this year.

Maybe he's brittle. Maybe he's soft. Maybe the coaches held him out so he could get healthy and remain healthy. Maybe it's all or none of the above. Don't know.

I think the kid has a lot of ability, and apparently so do our coaches. It's on them to unlock it.

Advertisement
Back