Robert Burns final season stats

Advertisement
Why would a team hurt their chances at winning in order to help another team win two years from now?

ummmm because a college scholarship and balling out in college is much more important putting up meaningless stats for some ****bag high school squad. common sense.

Common sense? I guess if the kid makes the call, but wouldn't you think the coaches and the school would decided? Why would THEY hurt THEIR chances at winning so that one player could possibly help his playing career at some indeterminate time in the future at another institution?

To keep a good relationship with that school. So when there are Paradise Camps or Mark Richt camps or Coaching clinics sponsored by UM/Richt ALL EXPENSES PAID by the way...the Gulliver coaches dont get mysteriously left off the list of invites. Its all a game. You know this.

Guess I'm the only one not seeing this. So why doesn't this happen more? I see stud players playing full seasons, what makes this kid special?

Just not seeing how a HS coach is going to let somebody tell him what to do with his team so that he can get invited to a party.

You don't see it more often because it's a c0ckamamie half-baked theory with no basis in reality cooked up by some kooks on CIS.

ummmm because a college scholarship and balling out in college is much more important putting up meaningless stats for some ****bag high school squad. common sense.

Common sense? I guess if the kid makes the call, but wouldn't you think the coaches and the school would decided? Why would THEY hurt THEIR chances at winning so that one player could possibly help his playing career at some indeterminate time in the future at another institution?

To keep a good relationship with that school. So when there are Paradise Camps or Mark Richt camps or Coaching clinics sponsored by UM/Richt ALL EXPENSES PAID by the way...the Gulliver coaches dont get mysteriously left off the list of invites. Its all a game. You know this.

Guess I'm the only one not seeing this. So why doesn't this happen more? I see stud players playing full seasons, what makes this kid special?

Just not seeing how a HS coach is going to let somebody tell him what to do with his team so that he can get invited to a party.

You don't see it more often because it's a c0ckamamie half-baked theory with no basis in reality cooked up by some kooks on CIS.

See, this was the response I expected to get...the one that makes sense.

Soooooo..if thats not the reason..im interested to hear why a kid who looks to be healthy enough to at least warrant 50-100 carries all of a sudden only sees 10 carries..doesnt play for 2 years...and whenever his coaches mention him that do not seem happy according to posters who have seen interviews..Is he in the doghouse? Bad grades? Not eligible? Did he take benefits? Is he a 7 day adventist so he cant play football on Fridays?

The kid is 6'0 215lbs so im not buying that he cant play with some nicks and bruises against FAR inferior comp..

Any ideas?

Advertisement
Soooooo..if thats not the reason..im interested to hear why a kid who looks to be healthy enough to at least warrant 50-100 carries all of a sudden only sees 10 carries..doesnt play for 2 years...and whenever his coaches mention him that do not seem happy according to posters who have seen interviews..Is he in the doghouse? Bad grades? Not eligible? Did he take benefits? Is he a 7 day adventist so he cant play football on Fridays?

The kid is 6'0 215lbs so im not buying that he cant play with some nicks and bruises against FAR inferior comp..

Any ideas?

Always look for the simplest and most logical answer first. That answer is that he gets dinged up and doesn't want to play through the injuries or pain.

Idc he's a take all day. When you get a running back that's as big and as fast as he is you take him. Plus richt and co know the gulliver kids are talented look at joe Jackson, ced Wright and mullins

https://youtu.be/rITHJGpvPXo

Look at his speed and his size. It's unfortunate he has had injuries the past 2 years but it is what it is

Advertisement
Idc he's a take all day. When you get a running back that's as big and as fast as he is you take him. Plus richt and co know the gulliver kids are talented look at joe Jackson, ced Wright and mullins

https://youtu.be/rITHJGpvPXo

Look at his speed and his size. It's unfortunate he has had injuries the past 2 years but it is what it is

All those things you used to describe him are completely worthless if you can't get him on the field and keep him there.

As for Gulliver producing, none of those players mentioned didn't miss action like this dude does. Nobody I can recall has missed action like this kid and gotten a pass for it in my 15 years of following recruiting. We did recruit the nation's number one DT from NJ I believe under Coker after he blew a knee. I forget his name, but he never came and never amounted to anything. It wasn't two years of inaction either.

Gulliver has also put out busts. Just going there doesn't give you an S on the chest. We'll see where he falls in time, but I have to question the sanity of anyone who isn't concerned about this possible recruit.

Edit: Slow down on Mullins. He can't even get on the field at arguably the easiest position to transition to from high school to college.

That's a wasted scholarship! Unless they are thinking spring practice numbers. He won't touch the field for no real significant minutes

Advertisement
They don't pay me millions of dollars to coach football, but I would have offered the kid as well off of that highlight clip.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back