Robert Burns could have a damien berry type season

Advertisement
Come on man lol
Like Deejay im comparing it too he lost weight cause he couldnt move like he moved the way he did his first year. I dont think Burns plays this year if the top three are healthy. I loved him coming out but 230 is real tough to support only soecial guys can play like a small guy at 230. ST26 guys like Saquon and i dont think Burns is one of those. Who knows we will find out soon though

Like Deejay im comparing it too he lost weight cause he couldnt move like he moved the way he did his first year. I dont think Burns plays this year if the top three are healthy. I loved him coming out but 230 is real tough to support only soecial guys can play like a small guy at 230. ST26 guys like Saquon and i dont think Burns is one of those. Who knows we will find out soon though

You havent seen him at all then lol.

Advertisement

Maybe he is one of those guys. How you know?

This feels like Trayon Gray all over again

The only reason I’m not completely onboard with this is Trayone was not a natural RB and always seemed to lack the feel for the position.....more athlete than anything. But yes the injury side I agree thus far.

I’d love to see Burns stay healthy and get snaps. He adds a different dimension to the other backs we have.

Advertisement
ED2AF05C-C0C5-4D4F-9E98-F5687D029DF8.jpeg

Robert Burns was the #1 rb in the country and #7 overall at one point before the injuries in highschool. He’s still a gifted back if he can stay healthy. He’s going to provide a different element to the offense

If that man starts getting on the field, coach feely is definitely on point with S&C, the talent has been their and its top notch, but like that saying goes, "the best ability is availability", if burns starts being available, he'll make some noise out their!

Has burns even had a TD here? I can see it happening in a goal line situation on the 24th if he stays healthy.

I was at the 09 Duke game when Berry came in for a series and just pounded his way for first down after first down, all the way to a TD. Gave us the lead and we never gave it back.

Love that guy. Would love to see Burns compared to him.

Advertisement

If he’s healthy I think he can be special. Also I don’t think he presently weighs 230 lbs (having met him the other week). If he does weigh that much then he has very little body fat.

Advertisement
Burns potential is based on 5 year old sparq score prior to a dozen injuries and 34 second highlight tape. Great kid, and i hope he stays healthy but i literally am not expecting anything from him. Even the EA Sports new NCAA rosters didn't include him on the squad lol.

I know this is hyperbole, but at the conclusion of his Sophomore season, he was widely believed to be the best RB in his class so there was a bit more to it than what you describe. But for now, I am just hoping he can stay healthy and contribute this season.

I know this is hyperbole, but at the conclusion of his Sophomore season, he was widely believed to be the best RB in his class so there was a bit more to it than what you describe. But for now, I am just hoping he can stay healthy and contribute this season.

I don't know what he did in middle school but he had less than 300 all purpose yards in high school. I'm pretty certain he was ranked top5 by ESPN in his sophmore years purely based of that sparq time because he had literally no other stats. ESPN would also be the last platform of choice to be accurately ranking kids in their sophmore years. And because 247 uses a composite format it immediately vaulted him up the rankings there because 247 doesn't bother with ranking a large portion of kids in their sophmore years.

lmao yall still caught up on his sophmore year in hs and the sparq rating

what has he done in the last 4 years. nothing.

that being said i think he can carve up a roll in late games short yard situations. right now we have 3 superior backs.

Advertisement
Back