Rob Chudzinski is the only answer......

What's bothering me is that this is four pages long and we know who's the guy.....Butch ***** Davis. He pleases every fan and every area we have concern.

No he doesn't.

Hiring Davis is like when USC tried to recapture the glory years and hired John Robinson. Or Pittsburgh with Johnny Majors. Feels desperate and a cop out.

Young and ambitious. With an eye for greatness. Thats the way it gets done at Miami. A guy who is never satisfied. Even if that means going to the NFL in 4-5 years.

Ron Prince. Young. Aggressive. Up and coming. Bill Snyder. Old. Grizzled. Glory years. How'd that go?

Comparing Davis to Robinson and Majors is unpersuasive. How long was Robinson away from the college game when USC rehired him? How old was Majors? What was he doing before Pitt dragged him back?

Johnny Majors coached the previous year at Tennessee. Robinson was away from USC less than Butch has been away from Miami. 11 years Robinson had been gone. Snyder he was gone less than 4 years and was still around the program. 14 years after leaving the program and banking on him to do the things he did in the past seems more like hoping and praying.

As far as Ron Prince, I don't know what works in Manhattan, KS besides Snyder. I do know what appears to work in Miami. Maybe Butch avoids the trap of hiring simply his guys who he has worked with in the past. I worry about being him being stuck in the past along with the program.

See how you tried to switch the discussion with Robinson? Butch hasn't been away from the college game for 11 years like Robinson. He was actively recruiting and building an ACC program just a couple years ago. He was also recruiting S. FL. I don't see how it matters that he's been away from Miami for 13 years. He's only been out of the game two years and has been following college football like a hawk all year for ESPN.

I'm not sure how I was switching the discussion with Robinson. Much like USC, fan support for Butch Davis is a nostalgia move because of past success and an expectation of him re-creating something from 14 years ago. Someihing I think is naive considering how much just recruiting alone has changed since then. Butch is in the middle of his 4th season of being out of football not two. He got fired after his third straight 8-5 because of John Blake. I don't know how seriously they treat football at UNC but he could've gotten fired on just W-L record if he went 8-5 one more year.

Advertisement
The []_[];2019190 said:
My pick would be HC Mario Cristobal, former cane with sec ties now. Oc would still be James, Maybe Mario could bring his boy from fiu and current Mississippi state dc Geoff Collins over (more sec ties) to be our defensive coordinator . Hopefully snag travaris Robinson from UF and have him coach the db's. Get Kevin Patrick to coach our d line or maybe Mario can bring Tosh Lupoi from Bama with him even though I doubt we'd hire him because of all the accusations he's had against him. I'd leave the offensive staff the way it is. I'm sure we'd need a new WR coach because Brennan might be gone with Al. Defensively, dorito, jethro and Paul would be out. Hurlie would stay on as the special teams coordinator and Geoff would take over LBs.

Don't need any SEC ties. In fact, don't need any ties of any sort. Neckties, bow ties, ties to organized crime, Family Ties, Ty Willingham, etc. They don't do any special corching in the mighty SEC and they sure as **** don't have more fertile recruiting grounds.

So you don't think that us having coaches that have recruited front 7 players at schools all through Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama,Tennessee wouldn't help us? We're gonna get our share of skill players in south florida kids every year but better relationships with those coaches In sec country will help when we don't have a big time dt down here or stud lb's to recruit in years like this will only help imo.

How exactly did Cleveland ***** Dud? He went 4-12, and they canned him. It's a results league, and they don't do the "he needs another year" trash like they do in college.

I agree (results league).

I still don't think he got a fair share in Cleveland. One year? The owner fired the GM and Chud after one season. The franchise was in shambles for some time before he got there and Chud had to use 3 different QBs, the best one (current one) went down early for the year.

Chud got a raw deal in Cleveland.

Say that to my face!

How exactly did Cleveland ***** Dud? He went 4-12, and they canned him. It's a results league, and they don't do the "he needs another year" trash like they do in college.

I still don't think he got a fair share in Cleveland. One year? The owner fired the GM and Chud after one season. The franchise was in shambles for some time before he got there and Chud had to use 3 different QBs, the best one (current one) went down early for the year.

Say that to my face!

Meet me somewhere!

He went 4-12, and there were rumblings that no one wanted him around. As for the QB excuse, he's supposed to be an offensive genius. Fix it. He couldn't, and he won 4 games.

I don't want to hear lame excuses for why a coach failed. If he comes here and has to start a freshmans QB will everyone be looking to give him excuses for failure? Fix the offense if you're an offensive coach.

On top of all that, he couldn't wait to get out of the college game. Don't forget that he left the OC gig here to go be a TE corch in the NFL. He didn't leave to be a HC or an OC. I don't get the obsession UM fans have with this wet rag.

He has figured QBs out before, he did it with that piece of chit Derek Anderson when he was OC. He's done pretty good things as an offensive coordinator. As for him coming back to college, if he doesn't want to come back then it is irrelevant. If he hates recruiting, then he would be a terrible pick as our next HC.

Advertisement

Say that to my face!

Meet me somewhere!

Too Far!

Trestman?? Jeez.

Not sure what you mean by this...he's a **** of a coach. Success or lack thereof at the NFL level is in no way an indicator of how good a college coach a person is. Saban and Petrino both struggled in the league and most of us would cut off a body part to have either of them here.

And to be clear, I'm in no way insinuating he should be a candidate at this point, I'm not naive enough to think we'd even have a chance. My point was simply that's the TYPE of guy we should go after. An aggressive, intelligent, offensive mind.[/QUOTE]

Sure, I get that, but we can do a whole lot better than Trestman as a HBC. He's an NFL journeyman coach at this point. I have no interest in that kind of person as a HBC at a crucial time for UM.

I say this as respectfully as possible. You're F'ing nuts.

We'd be beyond lucky to even have a realistic shot at a guy like Trestman. He would tear it up here.

Even if he were to get fired tomorrow I would still think he's out of our league and we'd have no shot. That's the only reason I don't even consider him a candidate. But as I said earlier...he's the TYPE of guy we should be looking for.

I can't stand the Schiano or Orgeron types, but at this point who cares? We have so much talent. If they can come in and develop this talent, then I'd be all for these guys. And we need a coach that gets in your face. I'm not sure Chud would be the man for that. I would definitely be excited for a while if he was to come here but he has a lot to prove.

The []_[];2019433 said:
The []_[];2019190 said:
My pick would be HC Mario Cristobal, former cane with sec ties now. Oc would still be James, Maybe Mario could bring his boy from fiu and current Mississippi state dc Geoff Collins over (more sec ties) to be our defensive coordinator . Hopefully snag travaris Robinson from UF and have him coach the db's. Get Kevin Patrick to coach our d line or maybe Mario can bring Tosh Lupoi from Bama with him even though I doubt we'd hire him because of all the accusations he's had against him. I'd leave the offensive staff the way it is. I'm sure we'd need a new WR coach because Brennan might be gone with Al. Defensively, dorito, jethro and Paul would be out. Hurlie would stay on as the special teams coordinator and Geoff would take over LBs.

Don't need any SEC ties. In fact, don't need any ties of any sort. Neckties, bow ties, ties to organized crime, Family Ties, Ty Willingham, etc. They don't do any special corching in the mighty SEC and they sure as **** don't have more fertile recruiting grounds.

So you don't think that us having coaches that have recruited front 7 players at schools all through Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama,Tennessee wouldn't help us? We're gonna get our share of skill players in south florida kids every year but better relationships with those coaches In sec country will help when we don't have a big time dt down here or stud lb's to recruit in years like this will only help imo.

Pre-existing non-Florida regional recruiting ties really would be so far down on my list that it'd almost be irrelevant. I get what you're saying but I don't think anyone we'd bring in would bring recruits from those areas now with them based on the current state of our program and their pull in those areas would only diminish over time. We don't need to build a team on kids from the non-Florida southern states anyway. We can always pull the occasional Georgia, Tennessee, Louisiana or even Texas kid but our main concern should be someone that can recruit here but more importantly can coach/develop here.

The point you're making would also theoretically allow for a case to be made against a guy like Narduzzi. His pre-existing recruiting ties would be almost worthless here but I'd take him coaching the D over someone that spends all day in the high schools of the south.

Btw, I hate the $EC with a passion not able to be adequately expressed in type so that's also in play with my immediate desire to dismiss anything even tangentially connected but I stand by my original points. Cristobal is dead to me too.

Advertisement
No he doesn't.

Hiring Davis is like when USC tried to recapture the glory years and hired John Robinson. Or Pittsburgh with Johnny Majors. Feels desperate and a cop out.

Young and ambitious. With an eye for greatness. Thats the way it gets done at Miami. A guy who is never satisfied. Even if that means going to the NFL in 4-5 years.

Ron Prince. Young. Aggressive. Up and coming. Bill Snyder. Old. Grizzled. Glory years. How'd that go?

Comparing Davis to Robinson and Majors is unpersuasive. How long was Robinson away from the college game when USC rehired him? How old was Majors? What was he doing before Pitt dragged him back?

Johnny Majors coached the previous year at Tennessee. Robinson was away from USC less than Butch has been away from Miami. 11 years Robinson had been gone. Snyder he was gone less than 4 years and was still around the program. 14 years after leaving the program and banking on him to do the things he did in the past seems more like hoping and praying.

As far as Ron Prince, I don't know what works in Manhattan, KS besides Snyder. I do know what appears to work in Miami. Maybe Butch avoids the trap of hiring simply his guys who he has worked with in the past. I worry about being him being stuck in the past along with the program.

See how you tried to switch the discussion with Robinson? Butch hasn't been away from the college game for 11 years like Robinson. He was actively recruiting and building an ACC program just a couple years ago. He was also recruiting S. FL. I don't see how it matters that he's been away from Miami for 13 years. He's only been out of the game two years and has been following college football like a hawk all year for ESPN.

I'm not sure how I was switching the discussion with Robinson. Much like USC, fan support for Butch Davis is a nostalgia move because of past success and an expectation of him re-creating something from 14 years ago. Someihing I think is naive considering how much just recruiting alone has changed since then. Butch is in the middle of his 4th season of being out of football not two. He got fired after his third straight 8-5 because of John Blake. I don't know how seriously they treat football at UNC but he could've gotten fired on just W-L record if he went 8-5 one more year.

****, you dumb.

Butch's last year - many of his starters were of the thirteen players he lost from the NCAA thing - and STILL went 8-5, won his bowl game, AND still put 9-players in the NFL. Good ones, too.

He went 4-12, and there were rumblings that no one wanted him around. As for the QB excuse, he's supposed to be an offensive genius. Fix it. He couldn't, and he won 4 games.

I don't want to hear lame excuses for why a coach failed. If he comes here and has to start a freshmans QB will everyone be looking to give him excuses for failure? Fix the offense if you're an offensive coach.

On top of all that, he couldn't wait to get out of the college game. Don't forget that he left the OC gig here to go be a TE corch in the NFL. He didn't leave to be a HC or an OC. I don't get the obsession UM fans have with this wet rag.

He has figured QBs out before, he did it with that piece of chit Derek Anderson when he was OC. He's done pretty good things as an offensive coordinator. As for him coming back to college, if he doesn't want to come back then it is irrelevant. If he hates recruiting, then he would be a terrible pick as our next HC.

He was mediocre as an NFL OC. If he was any good someone would have hired him as OC this year. Instead, his buddy Pagano from the UM days threw him a bone and brought him in some non-descript role.

Advertisement
Back