RJ Maryland '22 TE gets offer

Advertisement
A bit overrated because of his name and who was throwing the ball to him (Ewers).
In a year where we don’t have numbers I’m not sure this kid is a take.

Advertisement
Gaby said much closer to 6’1” than 6’4”

He is over 6’2” tall. He’s as tall as lots of kids who list themselves as 6’3”. At SLC’s VirtualCombine (private company) a 3rd party measured him at 6’3”. Even if rounding up, he doesn’t need to be mentioned with a 6’1” at all. He’s not Kevin Everett but he’s a big jumbo WR/TR who goes up and gets the ball.

I have zero concerns on that front.

You could see that he is closer to 6'2 just from looking at his film.

He does look like a good prospect to work with though

He did this about 3 times a game against solid competition all year.

RJ will make or break on how bad he wants it. Athletically any concerns are misplaced. He’s got it. I think he’s just now falling in love with football. We’ll see.

He is over 6’2” tall. He’s as tall as lots of kids who list themselves as 6’3”. At SLC’s VirtualCombine (private company) a 3rd party measured him at 6’3”. Even if rounding up, he doesn’t need to be mentioned with a 6’1” at all. He’s not Kevin Everett but he’s a big jumbo WR/TR who goes up and gets the ball.

I have zero concerns on that front.
Exactly

Advertisement
Advertisement
Brevin wasn’t that tall either. **** we never threw him a jump ball lol

RJ's frame is longer than Brevin's but they can do a lot of the same things in the passing game. I'd say RJ might be even more of a vertical threat while Brevin is probably craftier and quicker in and out of breaks. RJ's phenomenal at high pointing a ball for a kid his age with his experience. Quinn loves to throw endzone corner routes to RJ and it's unstoppable.... he is too fast, fluid in his break, and goes up and gets it seemingly EVERY time. Brevin is a tough guy, a natural bully after the catch - I'd like to see RJ get some of that mentality in his game this year.

The big difference is that Brevin was at least a capable guy blocking with the big guys when asked. That will be something RJ has to develop. He's willing, just not as naturally thick as Brevin. I doubt it will ever be his forte, but the way TEs have turned into jumbo WRs these days, who cares.

Advertisement
**** feels like we are just striking out on everybody at TE. Not saying this kid is good enough for us but just feels like our options are limited. I trust Coach Fields though, he will get us someone good, just might take some time.

**** feels like we are just striking out on everybody at TE. Not saying this kid is good enough for us but just feels like our options are limited. I trust Coach Fields though, he will get us someone good, just might take some time.
Well supposedly we didn’t green light Anthony Jones when he was here and this appears to be a similar situation to me. I think we are trying to swing for the fences on this one.

How many TE's we plan on taking? Will might be gone after this year, Hodges seems like a portal guy, that leaves us with Dom, Brantley, and Arroyo. Need 4-5 TE's on the roster.

Advertisement
Back