RJ Maryland '22 TE gets offer

Advertisement
Agreed. That's what I'm worried about. I think we need 1 no matter what and potentially 2. Just doesn't seem like there are many options.
Wouldn't mind a high school guy and a portal guy. I feel Arroyo will be the guy next year if Will leaves.

I've been saying all along with what we have on our board at TE,just pass up taking one and after this season go to the portal and sell some stud on coming here to replace Mallery.

Advertisement
On the cbs to Boston College :

The 6-foot-4, 210-pound Maryland made an official visit to campus earlier this month and hit it off with the coaching staff and the players in the program.

And one thing the Eagles love about Maryland is his versatility. He can play receiver, tight end or on the defensive side, which is why Boston College recruited him as an athlete.

Don’t be surprised if RJ Maryland ends up at BC. Chud is one of Russell Maryland’s closest friends. They were, and are still, real tight.
Nothing wrong with BC, but I almost wish we’d take Maryland to get our big body/TE and be done with it. Maryland is worthy of scholly regardless who his father is.

Not crazy about about any TE prospect in particular this class and the couple maybe ahead of Maryland we haven’t had the best feedback.

A bit overrated because of his name and who was throwing the ball to him (Ewers).
In a year where we don’t have numbers I’m not sure this kid is a take.
The flip side to that line of thinking is if Ewers was his QB....wouldn't that mean he's playing against top notch D1 caliber Texas football defenders??? If he's playing and winning against the same kids he'd compete against in college......why isn't isn't he a take again?

Advertisement
Agreed. That's what I'm worried about. I think we need 1 no matter what and potentially 2. Just doesn't seem like there are many options.
Donaldson is likely our guy. If he impresses at Paradise camp he'll get the green light.

Advertisement
RJ's frame is longer than Brevin's but they can do a lot of the same things in the passing game. I'd say RJ might be even more of a vertical threat while Brevin is probably craftier and quicker in and out of breaks. RJ's phenomenal at high pointing a ball for a kid his age with his experience. Quinn loves to throw endzone corner routes to RJ and it's unstoppable.... he is too fast, fluid in his break, and goes up and gets it seemingly EVERY time. Brevin is a tough guy, a natural bully after the catch - I'd like to see RJ get some of that mentality in his game this year.

The big difference is that Brevin was at least a capable guy blocking with the big guys when asked. That will be something RJ has to develop. He's willing, just not as naturally thick as Brevin. I doubt it will ever be his forte, but the way TEs have turned into jumbo WRs these days, who cares.

Russell Maryland is Iron motherfvckin' Arrow. We should be taking RJ based on leadership potential alone.

Lots of youngsters have no idea what a stabilizing influence Russell Maryland was on an entire locker room full of..."characters"...

Advertisement
Take the 6 foot 5 kid from nyc and convert him to a te and call it a day on te recruiting and if skinner comes keep the kid at wr. BC could be the second or 3rd best in Atlantic this year, we should have pressed harder for Maryland

Advertisement
Back