RJ Maryland '22 TE gets offer

He is playing for Southlake Carroll, that is like the best team in the state or one of them year in and year out. Their QB I believe is the top rated QB coming out next year too. I want little Maryland, tell him to bring his QB too!!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
He doesn't look like your typical UM tight end. He's not agile, nor sudden. But to be fair he, he's a big body kid who should be very physical. He attacks the ball well vertically and with his hands, plus his straight line-long speed is not bad at all.

Film looks good but I have a serious question

Tight end? How is the position defined whereby someone who never lines up next to a tackle or even chips a d-end is classified as a tight end?
You didn’t watch the highlights did you?

You didn’t watch the highlights did you?
I did, which was the reason for the question. I saw him lined up as a slot receiver. And when he blocked, it was against a defensive back, not chipping a d-end or OLB.

Advertisement
I did, which was the reason for the question. I saw him lined up as a slot receiver. And when he blocked, it was against a defensive back, not chipping a d-end or OLB.
So you never saw him line up in line once? Or as an H-back coming in motion to kick out the end on that stretch play several times?

He lined up inline or at h back a minimum of 5-6 times.

Advertisement
Seems like a great prospect, plus he’s a legacy kid. Would be fantastic to get him on board and a possible ambassador to the ‘22 class

Advertisement
Kid is good. Deceptive speed, highly competive, plenty frame to grow. Plays for one of the top programs in Texas. He’s good just based off of that but add to it him being RM’s kid, he is a no brainer take.

The speed has taken a quantum leap.
11.3 100m at 6’3” 210+.
23.2 200m.
56.0 400m.

These are very good WR times.

If the drive starts matching the tools, look out here. Could be a classic late bloomer. These times are very promising. Gonna have insane stats next year, too.

Last edited:

The speed has taken a quantum leap.
11.3 100m at 6’3” 210+.
23.2 200m.
56.0 400m.

These are very good WR times.

If the drive starts matching the tools, look out here. Could be a classic late bloomer. These times are very promising. Gonna have insane stats next year, too.

[tweet]1377347678024032259[/tweet]
How is his frame in person? Is he a big bodied kid?

How is his frame in person? Is he a big bodied kid?

I wouldn't say he's a total giant, but he looks like a jumbo WR whose body is incredibly raw. He IS a legit 6'3". He has not been a super serious weight room guy from what I understand, but the lights are starting to come on. I'm not sure he realized just how good he could be until this last year. From what I understand, people kept trying to make him a DE growing up through middle school and his FR year.... then he switched to WR/TE and took off.

Advertisement
Back