RJ Maryland '22 TE gets offer

I wouldn't say he's a total giant, but he looks like a jumbo WR whose body is incredibly raw. He IS a legit 6'3". He has not been a super serious weight room guy from what I understand, but the lights are starting to come on. I'm not sure he realized just how good he could be until this last year. From what I understand, people kept trying to make him a DE growing up through middle school and his FR year.... then he switched to WR/TE and took off.

TE #2 FOR Me right here....lock him up then go Big Whale Hunting

Advertisement
Advertisement
With how TE recruiting is going we should skip it and entice a portal TE after the season to come in and likely start replacing Mallory.Should be an easy sell.

Here’s hoping we roll out the red carpet for Jr, we need a nice commitment to get the ball rolling here. What better way than a legacy kid to boot.

Here’s hoping we roll out the red carpet for Jr, we need a nice commitment to get the ball rolling here. What better way than a legacy kid to boot.
Yeah the “legacy to boot” thing hasn’t really been working out to well for us lately. Think that whole ideology just needs to be scrapped to be honest. Either he’s good enough to be a cane or he’s not, period. This legacy bonus point system needs to be thrown the fvck out the window.

Advertisement
He doesn't look like your typical UM tight end. He's not agile, nor sudden. But to be fair he, he's a big body kid who should be very physical. He attacks the ball well vertically and with his hands, plus his straight line-long speed is not bad at all.
Not sudden? I hope this is an attempt at sarcasm. He’s probably one of, the faster TEs we’ve had here (11.3 100) He looks fast enough on film to play TE here, to me. 🤷🏾‍♂️

@TheSwagger1 how would you rank Maryland in this group:

Irvin II
Jordan
Mallory
Hodges
Mammarelli
Arroyo
Brantley

Let me re-watch the bottom four guys tomorrow, I haven’t followed recruiting and film the last couple years like I used to.

I will also add, pre-emptively, that as good as he’s been, I think he has a chance to make a big leap this year, Late bloomer in almost every way. Late to the position, late in the weight room a little bit, late getting on the field due to a high D1 guy ahead of him, etc. What he did this track season should make folks sit up in their chairs on him.

Advertisement
Let me re-watch the bottom four guys tomorrow, I haven’t followed recruiting and film the last couple years like I used to.

I will also add, pre-emptively, that as good as he’s been, I think he has a chance to make a big leap this year, Late bloomer in almost every way. Late to the position, late in the weight room a little bit, late getting on the field due to a high D1 guy ahead of him, etc. What he did this track season should make folks sit up in their chairs on him.

good to hear. What kind of track accomplishments did he have? What little I saw, I’d put him right behind arroyo and better than Brantley due to his athleticism

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back