Rivers out for season

Advertisement
Christian Bale Face Mask GIF by PeacockTV
real talk I needed that laugh

Thank god for that third / fourth hand info

My lord you have such an inferiority complex it isn't even funny. Gotta atta boy yourself at every turn, in thread after thread, and sometimes multiple times. Someone get this man a cookie.

Tvd is the safer bet but Garcia has the “ it factor “. His potential is higher. He’ll take more chances , make more plays and likely f up more. I like both but if my *** was on the line I hand it to Garcia.

I’m sure TVD starts and both will gets reps then eventually choose the guy who’s playing better.
With King this banged up and unlikely to go, there's basically no way he plays UVA a week from today.. right? Or maybe its that there's no way he *should* play against UVA next thursday..

Advertisement
This board would've cried rivers of tears if this summer we found out:

Don Chaney would miss most of the season
Jalen Rivers would miss most of the season
John Campbell would miss the season.
Sam Brooks would miss half the season.
Avantae Williams would miss half the season.
Keontra Smith would miss half the season.
Jaylan Knighton would miss a quarter of the season.
Derig King would miss games.
Brian Balom would miss the season.

The coaching staff nor the talent on the roster is good enough to overcome these injuries.
You make a good point but outside of King (who played the first 3 games), none of these guys should mean we are in a dog fight with App State and get destroyed by MSU. Chaney was a co-starter and same with Keontra. Every team gets hurt and has attrition. No injury excuses for coming out flat at home in two games and not tackling. Don't care.

Tvd is the safer bet but Garcia has the “ it factor “. His potential is higher. He’ll take more chances , make more plays and likely f up more. I like both but if my *** was on the line I hand it to Garcia.

I’m sure TVD starts and both will gets reps then eventually choose the guy who’s playing better.
I agree with this. If I was Manny and Lashlee, I would go with the QB they recruited and wanted which was Garcia. I believe Garcia may be able to galvanize the team as well, especially with all the Freshmen and Sophomores. Oh God I just had Kyle Wright flashbacks! The expectations!
Bored GIF by IFHT Films

Can we just please get rid of Blake and Manuela!?

I think King would make more money coming back with NIL than if he were to go to the NFL. He would likely be an undrafted free agent and I don’t think he has the athleticism or skill to be anything more than a practice squad guy. What’s that pay? The financial potential of being the starter here would be better imo.
Bro King graduated high school in 2016, at the end of this season it will be the end of his 6th year in college, you're saying he should come back and play his 7th year of college? Dude's gotta move on with life whether that be trying to make it happen in the NFL or elsewhere. No chance King comes back nor should he.

Advertisement
Bro King graduated high school in 2016, at the end of this season it will be the end of his 6th year in college, you're saying he should come back and play his 7th year of college? Dude's gotta move on with life whether that be trying to make it happen in the NFL or elsewhere. No chance King comes back nor should he.
Tell that to patchan

Hearing rumblings that Rivers isn't the only offensive player lost for the season on Saturday

Sucks for the kids, big time.

Sucks to a lesser extent for fans and the state of the program as injuries are now setting up to give Diaz and Miami a pass for a rough third season.

"We lost Don Chaney for the year early on, we lost Keontra Smith for half the season, Jalen Rivers went down for the year and D'Eriq was banged up early, leading to a rough start to the season. Throw in a few suspensions of guys that weren't putting team first—Jaylon Knighton and Avante Williams—and you can see why this came came out the gates flat."

Diaz will spin this to try and save his ***.
I don't think you need to spin "facts". Key players, best OL, best QB not able to play, best RB out for the year. A team as thin as Miami losing 3-4 difference makers is a huge impact.

Advertisement
Who gives a crap. Pick the best guy and whatever happens happens. That’s how you end up with Fromm over fields
I am just telling you how I think this will play out. It seems from your point of view you have already made up your mind regardless of what either will do on the field. Let’s just hope they both ball out and get experience.

If they go on a 8 game streak and get to 9 wins it could save him. Is that’s possible? I doubt it. As of now everyone including players know he’s done.
Garcia could play lights out, but the defense isn’t changing.

Rumors are flying around about king and him potentially being confirmed out for two week. Haven’t seen it tho

Advertisement
Really feel bad for king if he really is out for season . Wish we can see what garcia can do but u know manny wont play him this year it will be all TVD . Sucks
If TVD plays well than we won't miss Garcia. If he plays poorly we will get plenty of Garcia, imo.

Just like Dart at USC, having Garcia light it up will be really attractive to a new coach.

Advertisement
Back