Rivals says Jacolby George commits.

I mean this kid just competed against some of the best and our coach’s (Enos) who has a successful track record thinks hes currently good enough to get an offer, not sure the problem. I’d say the last 3 years or so our staff has been excellent on finding guys early who aren’t ranked but them become 4!or 5 stars and leave to Bama.

Advertisement
Aside from the point on if the kid can play, we currently have the worst decommitting problem of any school in the country, it’s just bad optics to be taking commits this early from 2021 kids like that. You would have thought the coaches have learned that lesson by now but apparently not

According to a lot of porsters on here. The less stars the better!
Right. The closer we get our teams talent level to that of Duke or Wake Forest, the sooner our return to national prominence.

Seriously, on a surface level I get the concern. I want to hear of 4 star recruits making the plunge, not unranked prospects. Al Golden and Randy Shannon filled out a number of their classes with such prospects.

We need to average around 9-10 four star players each class just to maintain our current talent level - unless these unranked players all overperform.

Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, the “stars don’t matter” brigade will not stand down. No, not every kid has to be a 5* or high 4*. But you cannot win big without a roster that is made up of kids that are high end, high ceiling athletes. You can have some strong contributors and kids that play over their head that are lower ranked, but there has not been a national champion in recent memory that didn’t hit the blue chip ratio. We will not compete with clemson with 5’10 WRs that run 4.7 while every single top rated WR in SFL plays elsewhere. That goes for every position.

That is true but it's also true that this kid could end up a 4 star if he puts up good numbers in the next couple seasons and offers start rolling in. Let's wait to count stars and bluechip ratio until the class is complete.

Like Kenny sings in the Gambler, "They'll be time enough for counting, when the dealing's done."

Right. The closer we get our teams talent level to that of Duke or Wake Forest, the sooner our return to national prominence.

Seriously, on a surface level I get the concern. I want to hear of 4 star recruits making the plunge, not unranked prospects. Al Golden and Randy Shannon filled out a number of their classes with such prospects.

We need to average around 9-10 four star players each class just to maintain our current talent level - unless these unranked players all overperform.

Yup, these guys want to turn us into FIU or FAU with all the Florida 3 stars. We need to get an over 50% blue chip ratio. That seems to be the turning point for becoming among the elites.

Advertisement
Hope this kid balls out. Welcome to the U young man. We are killing the summer right now!!!!!!!!!

Facts, thats the threshold you have to consistently hit to get to an elite talent level.
The next 2 classes look like this cause we’re in mid June. If Manny puts good product on the field and we go 10-11 wins, it’ll start to shape up better. We gotta give these kids more of a reason to commit and play for us other than a Hashtag. Last staff tried that and failed.

Advertisement
People all the sudden acting like a commitment from a sophomore is some kind of binding contract. Keep tabs on the kid. If he keeps improving, keep in contact with him, if he doesn't, ghost him. Kids don't have to honor commitments, coaches don't have to honor offers.

Aside from the point on if the kid can play, we currently have the worst decommitting problem of any school in the country, it’s just bad optics to be taking commits this early from 2021 kids like that. You would have thought the coaches have learned that lesson by now but apparently not
We get held to a different standard by these kids . Tell em they can’t commit an they’ll get all salty an go elsewhere an use that as en excuse “well I tried to commit to Miami they didn’t want me”

I can hear it now

You kids need to make a decision:

Do you want us to take kids who are 2 years away that are already highly ranked, and then whine when they decommit?

Do you want us to take kids who are 2 years away that haven't been evaluated by services yet, but are in before they are highly rated?

Do you want us to pass on our own evaluations when a kid is 2 years away and then whine once a kid is highly rated and we haven't offered?

Just not take anyone who is a rising junior?

Advertisement
Yup, these guys want to turn us into FIU or FAU with all the Florida 3 stars. We need to get an over 50% blue chip ratio. That seems to be the turning point for becoming among the elites.

Just to be clear...of the 2020 commits (the only ones that matter at this point) you think are bad takes ?

Just to be clear...of the 2020 commits (the only ones that matter at this point) you think are bad takes ?

I am not referring to the coaches. I am talking about the porsters that want us to land more and more 3 stars. The ones that say SO fla 3 stars are better than 5 stars. Those guys are the ones that want to turn us into FIU. Not Diaz. I highly doubt Diaz wants to land a class full of 3 stars. If he had the option I bet he would take 25 5 stars from OOS instead of 25 so fla 3 stars.

Advertisement
There are a lot of ******* on this board. Sorry to be so abrasive, but I call it like I see it.

A year from now, if he blows up, you'll all be tooting you horns about how Manny and company got on him early as if your posts in this thread never happened. If he gets dropped in favor of someone better, you'll ***** about how we're decomitment U. If he opens up his recruitment, you'll question why he ever commited.

This is a verbal from a kid two years out. Let him enjoy his moment without being the little ***** made tools many of you are. There's time for him to show he's worthy of the offer or get pushed out for someone who is. The future is in his hands and thankfully none of yours.

There are a lot of ******* on this board. Sorry to be so abrasive, but I call it like I see it.

A year from now, if he blows up, you'll all be tooting you horns about how Manny and company got on him early as if your posts in this thread never happened. If he gets dropped in favor of someone better, you'll ***** about how we're decomitment U. If he opens up his recruitment, you'll question why he ever commited.

This is a verbal from a kid two years out. Let him enjoy his moment without being the little ***** made tools many of you are. There's time for him to show he's worthy of the offer or get pushed out for someone who is. The future is in his hands and thankfully none of yours.

Well said. Too bad the mouth breathers on here won’t comprehend.

I am not referring to the coaches. I am talking about the porsters that want us to land more and more 3 stars. The ones that say SO fla 3 stars are better than 5 stars. Those guys are the ones that want to turn us into FIU. Not Diaz. I highly doubt Diaz wants to land a class full of 3 stars. If he had the option I bet he would take 25 5 stars from OOS instead of 25 so fla 3 stars.

I meant which 2020 commit you didn't like.
I understand the value of a 5 star prospect and the point of recruiting to win NC. I also understand you can't go from where we have been a for over s decade to NC level. It's going to be incremental improvement.

Advertisement
Back