Rivals says Jacolby George commits.

I meant which 2020 commit you didn't like.
I understand the value of a 5 star prospect and the point of recruiting to win NC. I also understand you can't go from where we have been a for over s decade to NC level. It's going to be incremental improvement.

I have no real issue with any of our recruits. Glad that they want to be Canes. I just was arguing with the other posters that are howling for more 3 stars. I am just saying this is not how you get better.

I agree though. Its going to be a slow rebuild and we are going to need to slowly increase the talent, but some of these posters think we can just keep stacking 3 stars for decades and win tons of NCs. Not going to happen. There is going to need to be a point where we start grabbing more and more 5 stars.

Advertisement
There are a lot of ******* on this board. Sorry to be so abrasive, but I call it like I see it.

A year from now, if he blows up, you'll all be tooting you horns about how Manny and company got on him early as if your posts in this thread never happened. If he gets dropped in favor of someone better, you'll ***** about how we're decomitment U. If he opens up his recruitment, you'll question why he ever commited.

This is a verbal from a kid two years out. Let him enjoy his moment without being the little ***** made tools many of you are. There's time for him to show he's worthy of the offer or get pushed out for someone who is. The future is in his hands and thankfully none of yours.

Not just that..but the level of elitism that exists on this forum is reaching nauseating levels. Some of these people don't even understand that sports is suppose to be the ultimate MERITOCRACY, meaning nothing is given, and everything is earned. When dealing with 18-22 yr old kids, there is no sure thing. The entire sport is built on development-whether it be physical, skill, or mental, but you expect me to believe that a players career/future is already determined by the time they turn 17 or 18?? FOH. Not to mention the greatest players in MIA history also possessed elite characteristics that the POS recruiting agencies can never measure..like competitiveness, hunger, and desire to be great.

Last edited:
Here are this kid’s highlights.. still has two years of HS ball left.. will grow and gain weight and probably get faster

Who is that QB? Threw some great throws particularly that first minute and looks like he’s got some size and mobility.

I have no real issue with any of our recruits. Glad that they want to be Canes. I just was arguing with the other posters that are howling for more 3 stars. I am just saying this is not how you get better.

I agree though. Its going to be a slow rebuild and we are going to need to slowly increase the talent, but some of these posters think we can just keep stacking 3 stars for decades and win tons of NCs. Not going to happen. There is going to need to be a point where we start grabbing more and more 5 stars.

I don't disagree

Advertisement
Seems like Brinson is not a fan of the new commits

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190623-230440.jpg
    Screenshot_20190623-230440.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 58
Advertisement
Seen it a million times. Staff takes an early commit that the board thinks isn’t worthy. Then kid blows up with offers and suddenly the board is melting down over how we are struggling to keep the kid committed.

Maybe you should just relax.
Marcus Crowley ring a bell?

Not saying I like the take, but I’m also not going crazy over a 2021 kid that may flip or we may drop.

Marcus Crowley ring a bell?

Not saying I like the take, but I’m also not going crazy over a 2021 kid that may flip or we may drop.

This. Who knows if these guys are good or not. We’ll find out, and if they are, great, we got ahead of everybody else. If they aren’t, that’ll get handled too.

Advertisement
Yeah, gotta say RB and WR is like the one position where we really shouldn't even consider taking projects. We wanna accept a commit from a 2021 OT, LB, DLineman, etc I'm down for it. But theres a LOT of top WRs in every class. This kid better be legit. I already don't think our WR coach was a very good hire, so stuff like this isn't gunna help.

Advertisement
Right. The closer we get our teams talent level to that of Duke or Wake Forest, the sooner our return to national prominence.

Seriously, on a surface level I get the concern. I want to hear of 4 star recruits making the plunge, not unranked prospects. Al Golden and Randy Shannon filled out a number of their classes with such prospects.

We need to average around 9-10 four star players each class just to maintain our current talent level - unless these unranked players all overperform.
And so did Jimmy Johnson fill out classes with low-ranked players, some of whom became very good.

I meant which 2020 commit you didn't like.
I understand the value of a 5 star prospect and the point of recruiting to win NC. I also understand you can't go from where we have been a for over s decade to NC level. It's going to be incremental improvement.
When Butch was recruiting coordinator for Jimmy Johnson he would say he could compete for NCs just recruiting from the South Florida tri-county area.

Advertisement
Back