RIP Turnover Chain?

1639171487674.png

Advertisement
Have Mario wear his three Miami NC rings and his ring from Bama on a chain around his neck.

Tell the players to ‘gotta earn one to wear one…’

“I haven’t even thought about that,” Cristobal said. “I haven’t used one or know exactly what it is. Anything involved with the program will always be addressed with players and staff because you have to grant everything a respectful due process and figure it out.”

A few minutes later….“No hay accesorio estúpido…”

Advertisement
The kids love them
The recruits love them
We created more turnovers as a result
Everybody in the nation copied
It's sooo Miami!
It's a keeper!!

Just have some stipulations on when it's given.
Yes, it was the magical chain that created more turnovers. Oooorrr, it was not having Mark D'Onofrio running the D. That's a tough one to figure out.

The TO chain was fun Year 1, when there were game changing turnovers in a bunch of consecutive games, like VT and ND.

But it‘s old. Done. The death blow was celebrating a turnover down 41-3 to Bama on national TV.

The TO chain was fun Year 1, when there were game changing turnovers in a bunch of consecutive games, like VT and ND.

But it‘s old. Done. The death blow was celebrating a turnover down 41-3 to Bama on national TV.
That's why I say there needs to be stipulations on when it's handed out. It's far from dead though. The kids dream about getting turnovers and wearing that thing on national tv.

It still creates excitement for the players, and I don't think they need to take that away from them.

That's why I say there needs to be stipulations on when it's handed out. It's far from dead though. The kids dream about getting turnovers and wearing that thing on national tv.

It still creates excitement for the players, and I don't think they need to take that away from them.
They really dream about national championship rings and getting drafted. I think the chain is a distraction and sets the bar low for reward.

Advertisement
They really dream about national championship rings and getting drafted. I think the chain is a distraction and sets the bar low for reward.
Of course, but I'm sure they knew, as you and I did, just how far they were from that. The chain is not a distraction to any goal or championship, far from it.
Poor coaching was.

If it ain't a ring, I don't want no bling.

Get rid of it and throw it in the trash heap along with Manny's other stupid gimmicks, like his signature mantra "The New Miami." F the "New Miami!" Bring me the Old Miami!

Advertisement
It's part of our history IMO, you keep it, but it does not come out of display. It's also clear the croots like it.

It’s not part of our history. It’s part of a regime that substituted teaching & fundamentals for a trinket to inspire creating T.O’s. The luster has worn, and recruits r not flocking here for it, as evident by the 2019 & 2022 classes.

Furthermore, this joint is $100k per yr to design.

Advertisement
I’m down with the chain if we are winning. The rings are horrendous, though and there should be a rule about wearing the chain when you’re playing ******

Advertisement
Back