RIP Turnover Chain?

Advertisement
Advertisement
That's why I say there needs to be stipulations on when it's handed out. It's far from dead though. The kids dream about getting turnovers and wearing that thing on national tv.

It still creates excitement for the players, and I don't think they need to take that away from them.
Win a championship if you want jewels.

l‘ll bet the posters clamoring to keep the TO chain think Chase Claypool is awesome….

Last edited:
Advertisement
The only jewlery that matters…

1639190622499.jpeg

Boy would it be special if we pretend to get rid of the chain and never break it out until a turnover in the playoffs. Our fans would go CRAZY.
Yeah, let's hope we make it to the playoffs just so we can see the **** chain. Hey, maybe the fans are going crazy because we made the **** playoffs.

Advertisement
Assuming they still have the original one, you hang on to that one and put it in the trophy room.

It’s a reminder of how we once again took college football by storm with our swag and had the entire country trying to imitate us. It was electric for that year to see how fired up the team got when they got a big turnover and got to put the chain on. That ND game when Bandy took that INT to the house and then went to the sideline and put the chain on, whew. I was ready to run through a brick wall.

Once we started losing and not having great seasons, the charm on it diminished. But that doesn’t mean we can’t keep it around for recruiting pictures and to remember the year where we had everyone wishing they could be us again
Love this. That ll_ll took the college football world by storm. Broadcasts couldn't wait to show it on tv.

It just isn't the same now.

Advertisement
Put the TO chain away, if we are undefeated more than half way through the season you bring out as a surprise to the kids. It’ll garner attention from the media that the Turnover chain is back.

Bring it back when the team is ranked and ready to contend. It makes me think of the book Cane Mutiny. Under Butch, players were not allowed to celebrate and discipline was tight. But in that last season, when the Canes turned the corner, he eased off and allowed the celebrations again.

I’d love to see the same with the Chain. Put it in reserve, and bring it back only when everything else is in place.

Advertisement
Back