Rip Kobe Bryant

Advertisement
Advertisement

Gonna post this cause apparently some wanna know why this is such a sad event lol crazy people on this board man...

i think part of it is how much of kobe we saw publicly. his family life was on display for all of us to see. we saw his flaws and we saw him recover. we saw his family forgive him. that human part of kobes life aside from basketball is resonates w all of us. we are all flawed as people and make mistakes, but its how you recover and learn from those mistakes. he became a better husband by all accounts. also, its how awesome of a dad he was to his kids and how he talked about his kids in interviews that makes it harder.

Was the helicopter notified that LAPD choppers didn’t fly?

or that no other helicopters were flying due to weather conditions?

I keep reading this in the thread. I wanted to know if that was facts or just made up CIS ****.

people keep yelling “but the LAPD didn’t fly”

Did the ATC or LAPD notify Kobe or his pilot of this? If not there’s no point in making the statement.

Advertisement

I keep reading this in the thread. I wanted to know if that was facts or just made up CIS ****.

Did the ATC or LAPD notify Kobe or his pilot of this? If not there’s no point in making the statement.
Not sure about the pilot being notified.

LAPD was grounded. That has been repeated in multiple stories. They are stationed in Downtown LA. I know that for a fact. Kobe's flight went just northeast of Downtown

The News copters were also grounded. I believe they fly out of Burbank. Kobe's heli was circling above Glendale, which is just south of Burbank, for 15 minutes.

I do not believe LASD was grounded. And I believe they are based in Long Beach, which is about 15 miles from Santa Ana, where Kobe left from

They would have had too.

can't imagine a miss like that.

Helicopter carry Kobe not equipped with terrain warning alarm system.

“She said that her agency had recommended that the Federal Aviation Administration 16 years ago require that all choppers carrying six or more passengers be equipped with a terrain awareness and warning system, adding that the FAA has “failed to act” on the proposal. Because the FAA didn’t follow the recommendation, the chopper that crashed Sunday was not legally required to have the system.”

Advertisement
Helicopter carry Kobe not equipped with terrain warning alarm system.

“She said that her agency had recommended that the Federal Aviation Administration 16 years ago require that all choppers carrying six or more passengers be equipped with a terrain awareness and warning system, adding that the FAA has “failed to act” on the proposal. Because the FAA didn’t follow the recommendation, the chopper that crashed Sunday was not legally required to have the system.”

Im sure the FAA doesn't jump until Boeing or Lockheed tells them to...

Im sure the FAA doesn't jump until Boeing or Lockheed tells them to...
Sh*t cray

I just assumed all helicopters had some sort of topographic radar system. I understand not having one to get from Santa Ana to Downtown LA - that’s completely flat. But how do you not have one of these if the only way to get to your basketball academy is through a set of hills and a mountain range?

Advertisement
All you have to know about trolling people's death, acting like ********, etc

"after 2 decades of s***posting on the internet and interacting with various levels of normies and nerds, I've found that the people who do this stuff online are usually socially awkward introverts in real life who usually aren't able to make eye contact, stand up straight, and speak in a low soft spoken voice from the throat.

Thus, they have to say this stuff on the internet since this is the only place where they are able to get some spine and actually speak up for once. Gives them a bit of an adrenaline rush.

And due to the lack of social skills, they must say something that is provoking/controversial, else people will ignore their post, just like they get ignored 96.9% of the time in real life"

You calling him "Kobe" like you're on a first name basis is sad. The dude never even heard of you, probably wouldn't even spit in your direction, but he's such a big part of your life. Sad.

A basketball player should not be a role model for young people, period. No entertainer should. I don't care if he's a hard-working basketball player.

You go to a high school in an upper-class part of the country and ask kids what they want to be, they'll tell you "doctor" or "lawyer" or some **** like that. You go to a high school in a poor neighborhood and ask the kids what they want to be, maybe 1/10 will say "doctor" or "lawyer" and the rest will say some kind of athlete or rapper.

And then they'll grow up to become nothing, to where guys like Kobe Bryant wouldn't even spit in their direction if he passed by. They'll just be broke-*** 30 year old grown *** men still wearing sports jerseys, making $15 an hour and living with their mothers.

If my kid wanted to idolize an athlete, he's getting the belt.
God who molested you when you were younger

During his commentator duties on TNT last night, Dwayne Wade talked about Kobe Bryant:

“I talked to LeBron [James] a lot and obviously he’s torn up. I asked him, ‘if you were in my seat, what would you say tonight?’ His message was ‘the media always tries to put myself, you and other guys that were good at this game against Kobe.

“What they don’t know is all of us were trying to to do our very best to make him proud of us, make him respect us.’ All we want to do is win so we can be on Kobe’s level.... That’s what he meant to this generation, a player such as LeBron, myself and so many others... This is a brotherhood, and Kobe was the leader of that brotherhood. He stopped the Earth for a day. That’s how powerful he was.”

You know the hometown went all out. Die hard Eagle fan, Canes fan.... I'm still in disbelief. Philly's son. Imma miss this man so much. One of Phillyy's most famous people with Grace Kelly and Will Smith.... what a great man, he wanted to show us what it means to be a man in life outside of being famous. That #MAMBAmentality was a Philly mentality of hard work, dedication and being the best person and light you can be to this world.

#eaglecanegang #8 #24 #33

Advertisement
Back