Richts offense is built for N'Kosi Perry

Advertisement
All I know is no defense is biting on that spread option fake from Kaaya. The next time he keeps the ball and runs will be his first.

play action boots
zone reads

If Kaaya stays another year and Perry has a chance to redshirt, he takes the job as a redshrit frosh . . . mark it down

L-o-fuqin-L. Ive been watching Mark Richt offenses for many years and this post is so ill-informed and reckless that its an insult to his craft.

You clearly dont know what the **** youre talking about.

Rpos and zone reads are two different things.

maybe i'm wrong, but rpos are based on how many men are in the box and if we can leverage the slot receiver if the slot corner is playing off cover which equals a 5-6 yard gains, almost like a long hand off

zone read plays off the defense end and linebacker . . . for the run if the end crashes down the qb keeps, if he doesn't and pauses its a hand off, in regards to pass, if the linebacker comes to fill the hole he leaves a natural passing lane for a quick slant and the qb keeps for the pass ala what you saw on coley's last td

now, imagine a qb that is an actual running threat so the d-end can't crash every play . . . now imagine that on play action if the qb could naturally roll out and throw accurate passes or make a play with his feet

idk, bro . . . perry has alot of tools that fit those concepts . . .

Ok, so , if you know the difference between the 2 play types then you also know richt doesnt run a zone read or bootleg driven offense.

The plays that you think are zone reads are actually RPOS.

I think Richt is forcing Kaaya to work on things that are slightly uncomfortable to him because thats what great QB coaches do to bring players to their full potential.

When you think Chris Weinke. Aaron Murray, matthew stafford, or evem d.j. shock you dont think bootlegs and zone read.

You think shallow cross.

I think youre just a tad confused broski

Please stop it. Whether right or not, stop crowning players before they step on campus. Those same people that do that are the same ones that will call a player a bust the first mistake they make. Ageezy and Mansa are jokes. Pure jokes.

wow . . . it's an observation based on watch perry play . . . he offers a running threat and he also is able to roll out and make accurate throws . . . call it what you want, but based on the first few games, perry fits alot of richt's concepts . . . what's with you hate?

I haven't seen Perry play. Can he throw from the pocket without moving? That is a skill most mobile qbs lack. Many need to run to throw.

Advertisement
play action boots
zone reads

If Kaaya stays another year and Perry has a chance to redshirt, he takes the job as a redshrit frosh . . . mark it down

No it's not. He's had 2 Heisman winners. One was a statue in the pocket. You must have been born in the 90s to make that kind of statement.

play action boots
zone reads

L-o-fuqin-L. Ive been watching Mark Richt offenses for many years and this post is so ill-informed and reckless that its an insult to his craft.

maybe i'm wrong, but rpos are based on how many men are in the box and if we can leverage the slot receiver if the slot corner is playing off cover which equals a 5-6 yard gains, almost like a long hand off

zone read plays off the defense end and linebacker . . . for the run if the end crashes down the qb keeps, if he doesn't and pauses its a hand off, in regards to pass, if the linebacker comes to fill the hole he leaves a natural passing lane for a quick slant and the qb keeps for the pass ala what you saw on coley's last td

now, imagine a qb that is an actual running threat so the d-end can't crash every play . . . now imagine that on play action if the qb could naturally roll out and throw accurate passes or make a play with his feet

Ok, so , if you know the difference between the 2 play types then you also know richt doesnt run a zone read or bootleg driven offense.

I think Richt is forcing Kaaya to work on things that are slightly uncomfortable to him because thats what great QB coaches do to bring players to their full potential.

When you think Chris Weinke. Aaron Murray, matthew stafford, or evem d.j. shock you dont think bootlegs and zone read.

You think shallow cross.

i'm not sure zone read was relevant during stafford, weinke, and shockley's time . . . but i think your not realizing the potential of what we could be with a qb with mobility . . . kaaya is great but if a play has four to five options . . . we can maybe only really execute 2-3 because of his lack of mobility and his lack of accuracy on roll outs . . .

play action boots
zone reads

Totally agree. If Kaaya comes back IMO we will at the very least make the playoffs next year. Perry will be the next great one after Kaaya . Richt always has had great QBs .

play action boots
zone reads

No it's not. He's had 2 Heisman winners. One was a statue in the pocket. You must have been born in the 90s to make that kind of statement.

so, he's gonna win using an offense from the 90's??

cmon man, you already see modern wrinkles with zone read etc. the game has evolved and i'm sure his concepts have as well

don't understand why some of you cant see why perry opens up more options offensively based on what he's shown over the first four games

Advertisement
Excited about the canes future for sure, not anyone in particular but I hope they break every record ever made

play action boots
zone reads

You think shallow cross.

i'm not sure zone read was relevant during stafford, weinke, and shockley's time . . . but i think your not realizing the potential of what we could be with a qb with mobility . . . kaaya is great but if a play has four to five options . . . we can maybe only really execute 2-3 because of his lack of mobility and his lack of accuracy on roll outs . . .

Boy, what the **** are you talking about? The zone read has Been out as long as option offenses have been. Its nothing new. Texas won a ship in 2005 with Vince young using that ish.

I realize your point but im not sold.

You want me to believe that rolling a qb out,cutting the field in half, and stunting his growth as a passer with gimmicks and simple reads is more effective than running a prostyle offense that attacks the entire field with a variery of different timed throws that forces a defense to stay honest in all of their assignments?

Come on bruh. What you smoking?

Coaches dont want to take the time to teach these young men the game. All they want to do is exploit their athletecism with a dumbed down offense. Thats why these guys are failing in the NFL.

You have a lot to learn about the game bruh. Refrain from posting if you dont understand the game.

The kid's first name is suspect. Let's make sure that he has accepted JC as his lord & savior first before we make any assumptions about him thriving under Pastor Rick.

I kid. Things are gonna be real interesting between him and Cactus Jack.

Advertisement
play action boots
zone reads

You think shallow cross.

Agree with you - but Richt has talked about his time at FSU and the hurry up offense they ran with Ward.

I'm guessing he knows he now has access to elite dual threat athletes, and the thought of his offense with those type of players. I dunno - guess we'll see.

But ya, I don't think zone read is in the future playbook for Richt. It's just not what he does.

You think shallow cross.

Boy, what the **** are you talking about? The zone read has Been out as long as option offenses have been. Its nothing new. Texas won a ship in 2005 with Vince young using that ish.

I realize your point but im not sold.

You want me to believe that rolling a qb out,cutting the field in half, and stunting his growth as a passer with gimmicks and simple reads is more effective than running a prostyle offense that attacks the entire field with a variery of different timed throws that forces a defense to stay honest in all of their assignments?

Come on bruh. What you smoking?

Coaches dont want to take the time to teach these young men the game. All they want to do is exploit their athletecism with a dumbed down offense. Thats why these guys are failing in the NFL.

You have a lot to learn about the game bruh. Refrain from posting if you dont understand the game.

who said anything about dumbing down?

i said richt's offense is made for perry's strengths . . . i never suggested that he would change the playbook or not teach him the game

i am saying that in the zone read portion of our offense perry offers a running dimension . . . i'm also saying that on the playaction boots perry offers a better dimension when throwing on the run

are their other components of the offense he'll have to learn, sure, but those two concepts that we've run a fair amount of thus far this year, he excels

just about everybody has zone read concepts as part of their offensive package, we just don't have a viable threat at qb to run it

Advertisement
I don't get excited about recruits until they sign

People are pretending like Brad kaaya isn't the best qb we've had in years I'm a little confused why

Because he's been good.. that the game changer heisman candidate he was hyped up to be.

Bruh, if Richt ran a zone-read/option based offense i would completely agree with you. Mark Richt runs a prostyle offense in every sense of the word.

Richt has a huge body of work and its obvious what type of offense he likes to run. Like i stated before, you see Richt taking kaaya out of his comfort zone to develop his game. Its not enough for you to claim zone reads and bootlegs are his offense.

Furthermore, what youre implying is that richt dumb down his offense so we can take advantage of dual threat athletecism and i think thats absurd.

Again, i totally get your point but its not needed here.

Perry is being recruited by Richt for his prostyle potential not because he can make 2-3 plays out of the playbook look good.

I'm not even sure what Richt's offense is. One drive we're in spread and we're running RPO's and the next drive we're in double-TE and running the ball for 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

I'm hoping we'll see more spread principles when Perry gets here. We went spread with RPO's today and marched down the field in like 3 plays. (Coley's long TD) I'm not a big fan of recruiting spread QB's and making them play under center in college.

Also add in Perry's running ability and that's an extra element that defenses have to prepare for.

Bruh, if Richt ran a zone-read/option based offense i would completely agree with you. Mark Richt runs a prostyle offense in every sense of the word.

Richt has a huge body of work and its obvious what type of offense he likes to run. Like i stated before, you see Richt taking kaaya out of his comfort zone to develop his game. Its not enough for you to claim zone reads and bootlegs are his offense.

Furthermore, what youre implying is that richt dumb down his offense so we can take advantage of dual threat athletecism and i think thats absurd.

Again, i totally get your point but its not needed here.

Perry is being recruited by Richt for his prostyle potential not because he can make 2-3 plays out of the playbook look good.

it's been good conversation homie . . . i just want to point out that i said we have zone read concepts, not that it is our base offense . . .

Advertisement
Back