Richts offense is built for N'Kosi Perry

I'm not even sure what Richt's offense is. One drive we're in spread and we're running RPO's and the next drive we're in double-TE and running the ball for 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

I'm hoping we'll see more spread principles when Perry gets here. We went spread with RPO's today and marched down the field in like 3 plays. (Coley's long TD) I'm not a big fan of recruiting spread QB's and making them play under center in college.

Also add in Perry's running ability and that's an extra element that defenses have to prepare for.

I like it. Why not make em prepare for everything?

Advertisement
I'm not even sure what Richt's offense is. One drive we're in spread and we're running RPO's and the next drive we're in double-TE and running the ball for 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

I'm hoping we'll see more spread principles when Perry gets here. We went spread with RPO's today and marched down the field in like 3 plays. (Coley's long TD) I'm not a big fan of recruiting spread QB's and making them play under center in college.

Also add in Perry's running ability and that's an extra element that defenses have to prepare for.

Well because I'm worried about this Saturday and not next Saturday.

I hate to go 3-and-out on offense, or struggle to score points, just for the sake of making teams prepare for other sets. I'd rather do ONE thing really well instead of doing multiple things poorly.

I hate to go 3-and-out on offense, or struggle to score points, just for the sake of making teams prepare for other sets. I'd rather do ONE thing really well instead of doing multiple things poorly.

What would you say to "doing multiple things well"?

LOL. Well obviously that's ideal. If that's the ultimate goal then I have no problem with that, but I think that's a little more difficult and takes longer.

LOL. Well obviously that's ideal. If that's the ultimate goal then I have no problem with that, but I think that's a little more difficult and takes longer.

I'm fine with that

Advertisement
Coaches dont want to take the time to teach these young men the game. All they want to do is exploit their athletecism with a dumbed down offense. Thats why these guys are failing in the NFL.

My main concern is the University of Miami, not making an NFL franchise's job easier.

I'm not against running a pro style offense, but pretty much every explosive offense runs some variation of the spread.

In the last 11 years, the only pro style teams to win titles are Bama (with elite defense; their offense was pretty much along for the ride) and FSU, and they had a phenom at QB that went #1 overall.

And even Bama has embraced more spread.

In the past, pro style may have been more advantageous because it was easier to sell elite talent to play in it in order to prepare for the NFL, and you could be balanced. But the spread has evolved to the point where teams can be dangerous on the ground or through the air, and NFL-caliber players are more than willing to play in it.

Again, I'm not against pro style, but the numbers over the past decade plus show that it's much more difficult to build an elite offense running traditional pro style.

Coaches dont want to take the time to teach these young men the game. All they want to do is exploit their athletecism with a dumbed down offense. Thats why these guys are failing in the NFL.

My main concern is the University of Miami, not making an NFL franchise's job easier.

I'm not against running a pro style offense, but pretty much every explosive offense runs some variation of the spread.

In the last 11 years, the only pro style teams to win titles are Bama (with elite defense; their offense was pretty much along for the ride) and FSU, and they had a phenom at QB that went #1 overall.

In the past, pro style may have been more advantageous because it was easier to sell elite talent to play in it in order to prepare for the NFL, and you could be balanced. But the spread has evolved to the point where teams can be dangerous on the ground or through the air, and NFL-caliber players are more than willing to play in it.

Again, I'm not against pro style, but the numbers over the past decade plus show that it's much more difficult to build an elite offense running traditional pro style.

pro style offense is a recruiting tool . . . players ideally want to win and play in a style that will prepare them for the league, we're aiming to offer both

where me and others disagree is that every offense has incorporated some spread (zone read) concepts/principles. manning ran some with denver . . .

Definitely good convo. I know you pointed it out. It just seems like you want us to convert all for the sake of a few plays.

You and macho are right, tho. There is nothing wrong with the added weapon. I just dont want to get away from our bread and butter.

pro style offense is a recruiting tool . . . players ideally want to win and play in a style that will prepare them for the league, we're aiming to offer both

where me and others disagree is that every offense has incorporated some spread (zone read) concepts/principles. manning ran some with denver . . .

It's really NOT a recruiting tool though. I mean, a coach can say it is, but there's absolutely no proof of that. Even the NFL is spreading it out more and more these days.

Advertisement
Definitely good convo. I know you pointed it out. It just seems like you want us to convert all for the sake of a few plays.

You and macho are right, tho. There is nothing wrong with the added weapon. I just dont want to get away from our bread and butter.

I think we need to throw away our bread and butter. It's old and stale. We're clearly better out of the spread and the statistics would show that.

Considering how our WR recruiting is going lately we'd be fools to line-up with anything less than 3 WR's on every play.

I hate when you guys just write off the other QBs b/c we have some 17 year old kid that looks good against 15-18 yr olds.

Advertisement
Alabama, LSU, FSU and USC ran Pro-Style Offenses

Ohio State, Florida and Auburn ran variations of the spread/run offenses.

If you have the players you can win with either. I believe that Urban's is the best playbook for college because it takes advantage of defenses weaknesses and is easier to run for the QB than the pro-style. You need a big athletic QB to run it effectively though.

I hate when you guys just write off the other QBs b/c we have some 17 year old kid that looks good against 15-18 yr olds.

it's unfortunate you didn't read the original post . . . never wrote off kaaya, just pointed out that we had a recruit that will add an added dimension on the play action roll outs and spread/zone read concepts/principles

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back