Richt's Committed to Building the Program the Right Way

GREAT coaches fit their scheme according to what personnel they have at hand.

BAD coaches try and fit personnel to their scheme regardless of who they got.

Name ONE great offensive coach that changed his scheme to fit personnel???

Advertisement
Establishing the running game and having a power rushing offense to fall back on are great for the long term prospects of the program. In the short term, the smart thing would have been to adjust your game plan to better fit the personnel you have on hand. You can build for the future without sacrificing the present.

So you need to recruit for a specific system, right?

How can you get players for that system running some random shid for quick success just to appease fans who made outlandish predictions and want to save face?

You have to put the product on the field that you want to recruit.

I expected a 10 win season. I expected it because I thought Richt would install the shallow cross concepts here.
I thought that was perfect for our personnel and still cant, for the life of me, understand why Richt was using that RPO crap and not the shallow cross concept. Is Kaaya to dumb to run it? Does he process to slow to make it successful?

Kaaya has really disappointed me with his decision making this year. The plays he checks in and out of are mind boggling.

Richt has been too successful as a playcaller for me not to give him the benefit of the doubt. He is not an unproven commodity like Golden.

He deserves more respect than that despite my opinions and anger about this crap he's running.

Call them excuses. Call them grey matter.

He is still learning what some of these kids can and cant do WHEN the lights are on. Not just greentree all stars.

Then you have dumb azzez saying that Richt is doing the same old stuff when it's clear that he isn't and has adjusted many times over this season as he learns these players better.

I'm pretty sure if Richt had a mobile qb then things would be much easier for him and his game to game schematics.

Seems to be helping a lot of coaches nowadays.

Establishing the running game and having a power rushing offense to fall back on are great for the long term prospects of the program. In the short term, the smart thing would have been to adjust your game plan to better fit the personnel you have on hand. You can build for the future without sacrificing the present.

How can you get players for that system running some random shid for quick success just to appease fans who made outlandish predictions and want to save face?

I expected a 10 win season. I expected it because I thought Richt would install the shallow cross concepts here.
I thought that was perfect for our personnel and still cant, for the life of me, understand why Richt was using that RPO crap and not the shallow cross concept. Is Kaaya to dumb to run it? Does he process to slow to make it successful?

Kaaya has really disappointed me with his decision making this year. The plays he checks in and out of are mind boggling.

Richt has been too successful as a playcaller for me not to give him the benefit of the doubt. He is not an unproven commodity like Golden.

He deserves more respect than that despite my opinions and anger about this crap he's running.

He is still learning what some of these kids can and cant do WHEN the lights are on. Not just greentree all stars.

Then you have dumb azzez saying that Richt is doing the same old stuff when it's clear that he isn't and has adjusted many times over this season as he learns these players better.

I'm pretty sure if Richt had a mobile qb then things would be much easier for him and his game to game schematics.

So you think Rick should be doing something different on offense, but you're arguing with a guy who shares your opinion? Why?

So you think Rick should be doing something different on offense, but you're arguing with a guy who shares your opinion? Why?

Because I believe there are underlying factors as to why Richt isn't running what has made him successful his entire career besides he's just an old burnt out fart that forgot how to call plays.

Advertisement
It's the schemes fault that Brad Kaaya can't complete a wide open 5 yard or 20 yard pass

Signed

The Kaaya apologist

PS. We love Al Golden

Because I believe there are underlying factors as to why Richt isn't running what has made him successful his entire career besides he's just an old burnt out fart that forgot how to call plays.

What are those reasons? Why could he run it with a statue named Weinke but can't with Kaaya? You're thinking Kaaya is too dumb or slow-processing to run simple designed plays but smart enough to make instantaneous post-snap decisions in the RPO game?

After watching the last few games it's obvious that Richt will not abandon the run . . . And he shouldn't. When he arrived he said that he would have a tough and physical team. Well, unfortunately our personnel does not fit that mold this year, however it doesn't mean you change the corner stone of what your program is going to be.

I was watching an interview with Ryan Anderson a linebacker from Alabama about the upcoming game against LSU and he kept alluding to physical, smash mouth, and running the ball.

Everyone seems to want to Richt to abandon his principle and open it up, however it's a reason Oregon, Washington, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, and all those other spread em out teams haven't won. It's because win you get to elite bowl games, the ground game and elite defense win. So unlike most, I'll take the losses if it helps create a culture of who we're going to be in the future. Line it up and run, make it clear that this is going to be who we are . . . we'll struggle this year, and maybe next year too, but when we get a total culture shift and we become that physical run the ball team on the field, i think we'll reflect back to this time and understand the its importance.

You may be right but I still don't believe he's adjusting his system well to the talent Golden left behind.

Advertisement

You're arguing that the coach of a division 1 football team should run an unsuccessful system and lose to prove to recruits that he's committed to running a system that Doesnt work. Once the recruits see how dedicated he is to using a system that doesn't work and loses games, they'll jump on board.

Just take a step back and think about that.

Gee that sounds EXACTLY like what the Sunshine brigade here was saying about Golden 4-5 years ago

Lol comparing a real coach to Al Golden the stupidity on this site is hilarious

Where is the real coach at? And don't you say Rick either....

Shows intelligence when poster can note en spell coaches name correctly.

A real MORAN...and a top notch $hitface you are.

Advertisement
Run for the sake of running and establishing a running culture while losing is stupid.

The two biggest things holding this team back is our **** poor tackles and Richt's stubbornness with early down runs. We don't have to go full spread and 4 wr sets. Just pass more on early downs to stay on schedule. Our personnel is better suited to pass early to set up the run.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

Gee that sounds EXACTLY like what the excuse makers were around here saying about Golden 4-5 years ago

So are we to judge Richt right away with what he been able to do with a roster littered with Golden left-overs? I'll be the first to agree that his play-calling has been down right atrocious for much of the season but I am also willing to be patient enough to realize this wasn't a quick turn around project.

Substitute Golden for Richt and Shannon for Golden and we're in 2011 again.

Not saying CMR is another Golden, but excuses are excuses.

I agree with you there but wouldn't you agree that excuses are a little different in year 1 with no offensive line versus year 4 when you have a roster that you built.

I'm not giving Richt a pass on the play-calling, it's been bad, but am willing to let him recruit for an entire cycle to see what he can bring in and restock the talent.

Golden took over for a failed coach and inherited a roster with some strengths and some weaknesses. CMR took over for a failed coach and inherited a roster with some strengths and some weaknesses. Big picture, I don't see much difference.

You are comparing 8 years worth of observations to about 8 games. It's not a fair comparison at the moment. I think Richt needs a few years before you can formulate any big picture analysis. Short of that it is just conjecture and a jaded one, which I totally understand.

Run for the sake of running and establishing a running culture while losing is stupid.

The two biggest things holding this team back is our **** poor tackles and Richt's stubbornness with early down runs. We don't have to go full spread and 4 wr sets. Just pass more on early downs to stay on schedule. Our personnel is better suited to pass early to set up the run.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

i agree with you . . . ive said we should be more imaginative offensively, however i dont think we should abandon run . . .

Advertisement
After watching the last few games it's obvious that Richt will not abandon the run . . . And he shouldn't. When he arrived he said that he would have a tough and physical team. Well, unfortunately our personnel does not fit that mold this year, however it doesn't mean you change the corner stone of what your program is going to be.

I was watching an interview with Ryan Anderson a linebacker from Alabama about the upcoming game against LSU and he kept alluding to physical, smash mouth, and running the ball.

Everyone seems to want to Richt to abandon his principle and open it up, however it's a reason Oregon, Washington, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, and all those other spread em out teams haven't won. It's because win you get to elite bowl games, the ground game and elite defense win. So unlike most, I'll take the losses if it helps create a culture of who we're going to be in the future. Line it up and run, make it clear that this is going to be who we are . . . we'll struggle this year, and maybe next year too, but when we get a total culture shift and we become that physical run the ball team on the field, i think we'll reflect back to this time and understand the its importance.
well said. much like some pull up old golden threads to shove supporting a new coach up a posters ***, i too will pull up the hate richt threads in three years. we will win. we will be a perennial top ten under richt. we will compete for and win a national championship in his first four seasons. everyone who's hating on him now, will pretend they said "i told you so".

Anti-spread talk is hilarious.

1. Conviently leave out Ohio St, UF with Meyer, Auburn with Cam
2. You can be a physical team in a spread offense.
3. Use Oregon as an example that it doesn't work.

Etc etc etc

Yes, Richt hasn't called plays in 10 years and is a bit rusty. I started playing chess again after a 1 year hiatus and got my butt kicked the first few games, so anyone who expected Richt to be sharp off the get go was fooling themselves.

You just mentioned 3 very good teams that had one thing in common A QB WHO COULD RUN. No matter what O you run , you are extremely limited when your QB is the slowest QB in the NCAA and is no threat to run whatsoever. Richt is playing chess with a handicapped Queen that can only move one square at a time.

LMAO so now we shouldn't open it up because the teams that do dont go anywhere? You know oregon has gone to the championship a couple times, OSU has won a ton, yall a trip im tellin ya LMAO

BTW bama who still is a power running team changed their style and run a lot a spread concepts and formations, when they do it i think its about time we do it too

Advertisement
Back