Richt > Smart

Kirby is a good coach. But man that fake punt was just bad. Here is the thing, maybe you surprise Bama on that. But Bama literally left their starting defense in because they knew it was coming. Smart had to have known this. You have to call a timeout there and then punt. But instead he lets the play go. That was the dumbest part. Sabin was sitting over their grinning ear to ear when Kirby pulled that stunt. Right then Sabin said game over. That was one of those corching moments that could define his career.

It was the 2nd time Kirby tried it and it failed the first time too vs. LSU

Advertisement
You can keep saying it and saying it and saying it.

Dude hasn’t proven it yet.

One play away from a national title is the same as Richt at UGA.

No it is not. Richt was one play a way from GETTING INTO the NC. Which he most likely would have lost. Kirby was one play away from winning it. Big difference. It also took Richt 12 years to reach that point.

That was a **** a ball game, thought Saban was going to lose to a former assistant but he just showed he is boss as long as he coaches. One of dumbest calls on fake punt that I have seen in many years of watching college football. Kirby a conch until he beats Saban.

Me too. I was getting very worried when they were down by 14. I agree that fake punt was one of the worst calls I have ever seen. Agreed. At no point have I said Kirby is anything other than a corch.

Advertisement
No it is not. Richt was one play a way from GETTING INTO the NC. Which he most likely would have lost. Kirby was one play away from winning it. Big difference. It also took Richt 12 years to reach that point.

Okay, so you've just been playing around the whole time in this thread. I get it now.

The only stat that matters here is this: To close out the last two games Bama has outscored Georgia 34-3.

Advertisement
There isnt a fan base or administration on the planet right now who would take Richt over Smart. Dont forget when Richt got fired there wasnt exactly a boatload of top programs lining up for his services.

`Was an agressive call and they wanted to keep attacking. We call it dumb because it was too high-risk. Since Bama was lined up prepared for the fake, you’d have like to have seen Fields audible out and have a punt option.

Isn’t this savage killer instinct what we fault Richt for not having?
Huge difference between aggressive and stupid. We saw stupid tonight.

If Richt was still coaching UGA they probably lose to Florida and Kentucky this year.

Advertisement
Not sure if smart is good coach or not but it is clear that Mark is not good enough if good at all. I’d trade mark for smart and throw in Manny. JJ blew two NC before he learned how to coach post season; Smart could get better.

Richt has enough trouble getting his team together to play in Conference championships. You think he could rally his team to beat ND in the NC? LMFAO.

Rally to beat ND? ND was one of the worst teams to play in a BCS championship game in the history of that game. Georgia would’ve obliterated them as Bama did.

Advertisement
Rally to beat ND? ND was one of the worst teams to play in a BCS championship game in the history of that game. Georgia would’ve obliterated them as Bama did.

Richt has lost to much worse. Richt would have went into that game with 0 game plan and get smashed by a fired up ND. The team would come out strung out on ambien sleep walking until late into the 4th qaurter. T

Richt has lost to much worse. Richt would have went into that game with 0 game plan and get smashed by a fired up ND. The team would come out strung out on ambien sleep walking until late into the 4th qaurter. T

Wow this whole time I just thought you were dumb but I finally get your schtick now.

Advertisement
Back