Richt Showing Emotion

Richt needs to be more like Dana Holgerson. He was flipping out on the sidelined the whole game. Meanwhile his team is getting their **** pushed in. I'll never understand the fascination with players and coaches needing to "show emotion". I want my coach cool and in control. He can get emotional after the game.

It's an easy thing for fans to look for (especially when you're not winning consistently) to show (in their minds) that the coach "cares" and is emotionally invested. I like to see it occasionally just for entertainment purposes or if it seemingly gets the players fired up but you're right in that it's generally a very overrated trait- especially when clowns like Muscorch every week and Holgerson last night are losing their **** and melting down every other play.

Same goes for QBs. Jacory's best trait was that he didn't get rattled. I know it ****ed people off when it looked like he didn't care, but coaches and QBs need to keep their **** together until the game is over.

Advertisement
Richt is mild-mannered and business like as much as possible when he is on the sideline. On the practice field and in the locker room is a whole other story. He treats the guys like men, he isn't as inflammatory or demeaning as other coaches but he does dish out his fair share of ***-chewins.

He actually addressed this and reiterated what you just said on Joe Rose today. Said anyone that thinks he's too mellow hasn't seen a practice and that he's tried to stay extra cool on gamedays because he's calling plays again now and he his brain doesn't function at optimal levels when he's melting down on the sidelines. That it throws him off mentally for too long a period.

Now insert your own jokes about some of his playcalling but his gameday style probably is just more effective in his mind to only do this occasionally while letting Diaz and others show all the overt emotion and refraining from the individual player emasculations that your McEltoofs, Kellys and Muscorchs love to do because they suffer from micro-***** syndrome.

Last edited:
Richt is mild-mannered and business like as much as possible when he is on the sideline. On the practice field and in the locker room is a whole other story. He treats the guys like men, he isn't as inflammatory or demeaning as other coaches but he does dish out his fair share of ***-chewins.

He actually addressed this and reiterated what you just said on Joe Rose today. Said anyone that thinks he's too mellow hasn't seen a practice and that he's tried to stay extra cool on gamedays because he's calling plays again now and he his brain doesn't function at optimal levels when he's melting down on the sidelines. That it throws him off mentally for too long a period.

Now insert your own jokes about some of his playcalling but his gameday style probably is just more effective in his mind to only do this occasionally while letting Diaz and others show all the overt emotion and refraining from the individual player emasculations that your McEltoofs, Kellys and Muscorchs love to do because they suffer from micro-***** syndrome.

I have made this comparison before and Ill do it again. Reminds me so much of Any Reid as a coach. Very respected by his players. Keeps his cool on the sidelines bc he is also calling plays. You seldom see alot of emotion but it does happen.

Richt needs to be more like Dana Holgerson. He was flipping out on the sidelined the whole game. Meanwhile his team is getting their **** pushed in. I'll never understand the fascination with players and coaches needing to "show emotion". I want my coach cool and in control. He can get emotional after the game.

teams take on the persona of their coach--

Advertisement

I have made this comparison before and Ill do it again. Reminds me so much of Any Reid as a coach. Very respected by his players. Keeps his cool on the sidelines bc he is also calling plays. You seldom see alot of emotion but it does happen.

o-ANDY-REID-facebook.jpg

Stone cold killer

Advertisement

It's an easy thing for fans to look for (especially when you're not winning consistently) to show (in their minds) that the coach "cares" and is emotionally invested. I like to see it occasionally just for entertainment purposes or if it seemingly gets the players fired up but you're right in that it's generally a very overrated trait- especially when clowns like Muscorch every week and Holgerson last night are losing their **** and melting down every other play.

I prefer the players respect and fear the coach so a stare should be enough. An meltdown should be a 'come to Jesus' moment a player should not want to endure. A coach can raise his voice and get in a players face but tanturms eventually become an act, a performance.

Yup. I like a silent assassin like Dungy or even better Belichick.

Advertisement

dude I wouldn't let my kid play for that nut job. your out of you mind.

Sarcasm is obviously not your strong suit.

Advertisement
Back