Richt Showing Emotion

Searels was walking out to yell at the O-line and Richt pulled him back and went full DMX on them! Searels actually had to circle the huddle and look over someone. But he still got his shots in as they went back on the field.

Advertisement
Yeah, at 8:45 in the 4th. Good to see.
My opinion is that Richt has this fire in practices (off camera). He doesn't need to embarrass his players when the lights are on like Kelly (ND), what Spurrier used to do, and Holgerson last night.

I'm 80% sure I gave Hologram a fiver at the snapper creek offramp near Dadeland on Christmas morning

Advertisement
Richt needs to be more like Dana Holgerson. He was flipping out on the sidelined the whole game. Meanwhile his team is getting their **** pushed in. I'll never understand the fascination with players and coaches needing to "show emotion". I want my coach cool and in control. He can get emotional after the game.

Watching him was priceless. Especially when he said "are you f***ing sh**ting me" and it was clear as day to the ref hahah

Agree that when you are stable normally and you get angry on occasion, it will actually get the attention of your audience.

Think about the circumstance - up 3 scores and having the game in control, he didn't let them off the hook for sorry prep at the line. That's called accountability in real time. The kids responded, because they believed their coaches aren't raving lunatics normally and that got them to listen. Props to the kids for being coachable. They will make mistakes, even pros do - but they delivered 2 more 1st downs when we needed them.

Anybody that thinks Rick is laid back and mild mannered all the time is dead wrong. You don't survive as a coach like that. Sometimes you have to get people's attention.

IMG_3252.GIF

Advertisement
When I saw him screaming for the offense to "Get over here!" after the penalty I knew something was about to go down. Great to see from CMR. He's definitely the kind of coach we need at The U.

Richt is mild-mannered and business like as much as possible when he is on the sideline. On the practice field and in the locker room is a whole other story. He treats the guys like men, he isn't as inflammatory or demeaning as other coaches but he does dish out his fair share of ***-chewins.

multiple F bombs were dropped, they took the camera off of him quick

not if you were watching the espn3 stream lol. there was no commentary, no replays, nothing but the game sound and crowd noise. Kayaa drop one and snap on the oline before they went to the sideline lol. The players were talking big ish on the side line, they knew they were gonig to win. It was good to see both Richt & Kayaa get heated

Advertisement
Richt needs to be more like Dana Holgerson. He was flipping out on the sidelined the whole game. Meanwhile his team is getting their **** pushed in. I'll never understand the fascination with players and coaches needing to "show emotion". I want my coach cool and in control. He can get emotional after the game.

Hoping this is a joke. That guy acted like a complete douche the entire game. Not surprising given the team he coaches.

Did you read the entire post? Or just highlight the first sentence and hit post?

Advertisement
A lot of elite coaches weren't raving lunatics. Richt's methods tend to work because he isn't a raving lunatic all the time, so you don't tune him out. When Coach gets mad, you know it's an important thing you just did wrong, he isn't mad because that's his default setting. Remember, idiots like Muschamp get ignored eventually, because you get tired of the yelling and screaming. Jimmy didn't chew *** every single second, he made his point his way, same with Howard. Frankly, Howard was the kind of guy that would correct you once, and if you kept ******** up would just ignore you after that and move on.

Holgerson was a nutjob. I was surprised the officials never called a penalty on Holgerson for his constant whining about every call.

I wonder if Holgerson acts that crazy in every game.

LMAO....if coaches that get ****ed off frequently are that bad, you might want to inform Nick Saban.

Mark Richt was more than justified in getting ****ed off there. I might add, that wasn't the first inexcusable offensive blunder...we had another timeout out of timeout and a previous false start and delay of game I believe out of a time out. That **** shouldn't be excused with the amount of work they have put in...he probably could only take so much before he blew his top.

As to officiating (not this game), count me as another one that would like to see Richt get into officials ears early and often when they pull the ***** UM routine.
Us fans that have been around a long time have become accustomed to it to the point that it is expected from ACC officials, but Richt is respected enough in the profession that he could affect the officiating in a game simply by taking a single opportunity early in the game to let them know he expects the game to be called square.

UM

Advertisement
Back