Richt - Pruitt

• Thread starter Deleted member 16870
  • Start date
Advertisement
To say no resemblance is a little bit of an extreme. I think the more logical explanation is Pruitt had a different coaching style that clashed with Richt. Also he was at FSU for one year and did well with the players he had, but to think he came in and changed around the entire system in a year is also an extreme. Not everyone can run a program like Saban, Fisher was close so the transition was likely easier than going to UGA but look what happened to Fisher.

I do think Pruitt is a good DC but you can be good and just not the right fit for certain places. I bet him and Dabo would not see eye-to-eye like he did with Saban and Fisher, and no one would argue that Clemson is not a championship program.

The toughest thing to do is win a championship. You have to coach players to be cohesive, great and still have lady luck on your side. It's expected here, but reality is it's not easy.

No baby steps. He literally removed us from the lost decade (15 years) into relevancy. In one season. This year we are preseason top-ten!

It's cray talk to say this man (Richt) doesn't knows what winning program looks like. Anyway, check this man's bio up. He knows!

Per Wick...
"...after one year at East Carolina, Bowden brought Richt back to Florida State to serve as the Seminoles' quarterbacks coach. Richt was promoted to offensive coordinator in 1994 upon the departure of Brad Scott. Under Richt, Florida State had one of college football's most explosive offenses. In his seven years as offensive coordinator, the Seminoles ranked in the nation’s top five scoring offenses for five seasons, they were top twelve in total offense for five seasons, and top twelve in passing offense for five seasons. Richt coached two Heisman Trophy winning quarterbacks: Charlie Ward and Chris Weinke. Richt coached a total of six FSU quarterbacks to the NFL, including Ward, Weinke, Brad Johnson (Tampa Bay Buccaneers), Danny Kanell (New York Giants), Danny McManus (Kansas City Chiefs) and Peter Tom Willis (Chicago Bears). During this period, FSU won seven consecutive ACC titles and two national championships (1993 and 1999)."

It's only a matter of time.

Last edited:
richt is non-confrontational? he curses out refs lol
Speaking of, I'm not sure that episode is over. I have this sneaking suspicion the ACC is gonna either fine him or possibly look to sit him for making contact with that ref in the bowl game. You know other teams are making a big deal about it behind the scenes.

As for Pruitt, dude is a legit Defensive Coordinator, but Tennessee is a moribund program. He'll recruit well initially, but the wheels will fall off. he's basically the Defensive version of Lane Kiffin.

Pruitt at FSU supposedly was messing around with other women and liked blow ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Last edited:
Advertisement
I know one thing, if it's true about Brown vs Pruitt, I betting house money on Coach Brown. Dude is still strong af! East Atlanta Bytch, what's happening lol!

Last edited:
To say no resemblance is a little bit of an extreme. I think the more logical explanation is Pruitt had a different coaching style that clashed with Richt. Also he was at FSU for one year and did well with the players he had, but to think he came in and changed around the entire system in a year is also an extreme. Not everyone can run a program like Saban, Fisher was close so the transition was likely easier than going to UGA but look what happened to Fisher.

I do think Pruitt is a good DC but you can be good and just not the right fit for certain places. I bet him and Dabo would not see eye-to-eye like he did with Saban and Fisher, and no one would argue that Clemson is not a championship program.

People often forget how important personalities and "fit" are. These people (coaches and players) have to spend a whole lot of time together and if they can't get along it's not going to go well. You might get away with it if you're winning easily, but as soon as sht gets tough those cracks start to show.

I'm not trying to make excuses for why we don't get some of the top coaches/players, but it helps explain why we aren't after some talented kids and why we don't always hire the coach who looks good on paper.

Advertisement
“I think part of it was the kind of lackadaisical, laissez-faire-type of environment (at Georgia),” Mason said. “Pruitt came from Florida State and Alabama, where everything was planned-out in detail and he won championships. It was just different under Mark Richt, and (Pruitt) didn’t like that difference."

That's not music to ones ears.

Georgia fans, Please tell me this is true

Here is some insight from UGA on Pruitt...

Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 10.37.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 10.37.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 10.37.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 10.38.03 AM.png

“I think part of it was the kind of lackadaisical, laissez-faire-type of environment (at Georgia),” Mason said. “Pruitt came from Florida State and Alabama, where everything was planned-out in detail and he won championships. It was just different under Mark Richt, and (Pruitt) didn’t like that difference."

That's not music to ones ears.
He hasn’t been like that at Miami so what difference does it make. He’s more motivated and shows more fire than ever at Miami. Showing Emotion on the sidelines, going after refs etc

Advertisement
I said it before about Pruitt. He is overrated as ****. He has always walked into a program with a great defense.

How fast would've that faux toughguy pu$$y have sued and/or pressed charges if Brown gave him a well deserved beatdown?

I'm showing regional bias here but nothing irks me personally more than a fake toughguy with a twang. Well maybe one with a thick NY accent but I digress.

Last edited:
The thing about Pruitt showing up drunk to fight at Richt’s house in the middle of the night is more than just a rumor. I’ve seen that in several places, people swearing it’s true...

Advertisement
Pruitt is going to be a disaster at UT. His system isn't going to beat the teams he needs to beat. He does have a solid staff though. Guy seems like a real **** hole

I really despise these sort of threads. I see no benefit in discussing issues like this.
What happened at another school with another coach has nothing to do with what is happening here.

Well, it's a bit slow right now, in case you missed it.

So if you have better threads to share - and you're feeling froggy - jump.

Not to point out the obvious - but if there's a thread on something you aren't interested in - why not just skip it?

Why go in, on purpose, and then reply that you see no benefit, blah, blah, blah?

It has to do with Richt a bit - and again with the obvious - he's our current Head Coach.

Advertisement
Back