Richt - Pruitt

• Thread starter Deleted member 16870
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16870

Forgive my ignorance to this matter... I've heard about things with them two at Georgia and Pruitt doing shady ****. I never really followed Georgia that closely. Murray and David Pollack came out recently as well backing Richt.

Interested to see what you guys know.. Thanks

Advertisement
WOW :oops:

“I think part of it was the kind of lackadaisical, laissez-faire-type of environment (at Georgia),” Mason said. “Pruitt came from Florida State and Alabama, where everything was planned-out in detail and he won championships. It was just different under Mark Richt, and (Pruitt) didn’t like that difference.

“You’ve got Mark Richt, who is a very non-confrontational-type guy, and then you’ve got Pruitt, who is very my-way-or-the-highway. So part of it was Mark Richt not keeping him in his place. Because, you know what, (Pruitt) ain’t going to Alabama and doing that. He ain’t talking to Nick Saban like that. So I think part of it is at Alabama he knew where he stood; at Georgia, I don’t think so.”

All I remember from was that Thomas Brown was about to kick Pruitt's *** before but Pruitt backed down after

I said it in another thread, but to me, it a red flag when a DC who has been on dominant FSU and those Alabama teams then comes to your team and sees no resemblance of a championship program.

Last edited:
Advertisement
WOW :oops:

“I think part of it was the kind of lackadaisical, laissez-faire-type of environment (at Georgia),” Mason said. “Pruitt came from Florida State and Alabama, where everything was planned-out in detail and he won championships. It was just different under Mark Richt, and (Pruitt) didn’t like that difference.

“You’ve got Mark Richt, who is a very non-confrontational-type guy, and then you’ve got Pruitt, who is very my-way-or-the-highway. So part of it was Mark Richt not keeping him in his place. Because, you know what, (Pruitt) ain’t going to Alabama and doing that. He ain’t talking to Nick Saban like that. So I think part of it is at Alabama he knew where he stood; at Georgia, I don’t think so.”
richt is non-confrontational? he curses out refs lol

It wouldn't surprise me if Pruitt has a similar tenure at Tennessee as Muschamp did at Florida. He might have one decent season but it will end in a dumpster fire.

It wouldn't surprise me if Pruitt has a similar tenure at Tennessee as Muschamp did at Florida. He might have one decent season but it will end in a dumpster fire.

He was Tennessee's 14th choice for a reason. They struck out with everyone.

Advertisement
A little off topic but is Pruitt that coach from the MTV Show that aired some years back following Hoover in Alabama ?

Advertisement
Thomas brown ain’t going to let anybody disrespect richt, he wouldn’t have done that if he didn’t think it was disrespectful

I said it in another thread, but to me, it a red flag when a DC who has been on dominant FSU and Alabama teams then comes to your team and sees no resemblance of a championship program.

To say no resemblance is a little bit of an extreme. I think the more logical explanation is Pruitt had a different coaching style that clashed with Richt. Also he was at FSU for one year and did well with the players he had, but to think he came in and changed around the entire system in a year is also an extreme. Not everyone can run a program like Saban, Fisher was close so the transition was likely easier than going to UGA but look what happened to Fisher.

I do think Pruitt is a good DC but you can be good and just not the right fit for certain places. I bet him and Dabo would not see eye-to-eye like he did with Saban and Fisher, and no one would argue that Clemson is not a championship program.

To say no resemblance is a little bit of an extreme. I think the more logical explanation is Pruitt had a different coaching style that clashed with Richt. Also he was at FSU for one year and did well with the players he had, but to think he came in and changed around the entire system in a year is also an extreme. Not everyone can run a program like Saban, Fisher was close so the transition was likely easier than going to UGA but look what happened to Fisher.

I do think Pruitt is a good DC but you can be good and just not the right fit for certain places. I bet him and Dabo would not see eye-to-eye like he did with Saban and Fisher, and no one would argue that Clemson is not a championship program.
Agree

Advertisement
Didn't Pruitt get run out of trailerhassee for beating a woman? Guy sounds like a real prize. UT got what they deserve.

Advertisement
Back