Richt: Play Calling and Personnel Usage

terdferguson

Junior
There's been some head scratchers that have nearly cost us games.

- Walton over Homer looked dumb in the FSU and Duke games at the time. Now it looks downright retarded. We basically played FSU with one hand tied behind our backs as playing a one legged Walton made us a pass only team. Hard to have an effective offense when you are one dimensional. The frustrating thing is that it was self imposed.

- Why was Richt so pass happy for much of the game today? Through 3 quarters, Homer only had 11 carries. When it started pouring rain, Richt came out throwing.

- Along the same lines, too much passing and not enough Homer in the redzone. Here are some redzone stats for you: Rosier was 1-6 in the redzone (i'm not counting the gauthier catch). The one completion? A td to Homer. Meanwhile Homer only received two redzone carries the whole game (12 yard gain and no gain). That's a glaring mistake on a day when settling for fgs nearly lost us the game. The man's running style is made for the redzone. He runs through arm tackles, he pushes piles, he hits the hole hard. He's clearly our best weapon on offense, give him the **** ball down there and let him find the endzone.

- Already been beaten to death, but stop the jumpballs to the midget receivers. Get Langham in the game. Stop throwing to Harley. On offense you want to maximize the potential for a play to work. Can't afford to waste down and throws to Harley and jump balls to the midget youngsters have so far proven to be wasted downs. Go with something else that has a higher chance of gaining positive yards.

- Would like to see dallas get a crack at 2nd string rb. Gray is pedestrian.

Advertisement
I would agree with everything you said but I do believe there is value in Gray. CMR seemed bent on throwing and that was a total asinine approach. Homer was running the ball with authority and should have the received many more carries. Everyone could see Rosier was struggling in the first half except CMR. Do you think Homer should have played most of the game last week? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS CMR is NOT an impressive day game coach.

Should probably fire him and bring back Golden, right OP?

How sad must your life be that you can't even enjoy a win for 3 hours

Advertisement
I would agree with everything you said but I do believe there is value in Gray. CMR seemed bent on throwing and that was a total asinine approach. Homer was running the ball with authority and should have the received many more carries. Everyone could see Rosier was struggling in the first half except CMR. Do you think Homer should have played most of the game last week? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS CMR is NOT an impressive day game coach.

The truest test of whether someone is a gameday coach is how the team looks in the second half, and how they call plays down the stretch. And Richt passes both tests in spades.

Redzone offense has been the single biggest frustration this year I think. I realize that Malik made those reads based on single coverage - but we need to get a different personnel package in there in those situations. Use Langham and Herndon, and give Homer some carries down there. We can't continue to settle for FG's.

Gray is a scrub.

I was never a Golden fan and wanted him fired in the second year. Did I say anything about Golden? Yes, I am enjoying this victory as a 30 year season ticket holder. Just expressing my opinion that CMR is NOT a good day game coach. We burned a TO to FOR NO REASON at all after a TO, attempted a ridiculous onside kick, and he ignored Homer too much. IT'S VERY SIMPLE ILCane2011.

Advertisement
Bubble screens worked great on last drive because the defenders were giving WRs so much cushion. There were many times during the game that they were playing 8-10 yds off the ball and we were running vertical concepts. Lots of opportunities for quick passing game. Hitch routes and quick outs are easy throws and gets the ball in playmakers hands.

Love Richt and the obvious turnaround our program has made. I don't know if it's because Rosier lacks experience or something else but I have seen more complex offences in high school.

He is not killing it as the OC. That's the most concerning part of the CMR tenure.
He is married to being the OC and I can't see him making a change.

Advertisement
I laugh at these kinds of idiotic posts. Makes it much easier to weed out the brain dead retards from people that actually understand football.

Maybe there is a reason why our schemes are so basic, why we throw fades instead of testing the middle, why we throw quick safe passes instead of testing the middle. Maybe there is a reason why Walton was playing with a gimpy ankle instead of homer at fsu.

Figure it out and come up with the right answers to the questions and maybe you'll prove you ain't as stoopid as you sound.

- Along the same lines, too much passing and not enough Homer in the redzone. Here are some redzone stats for you: Rosier was 1-6 in the redzone (i'm not counting the gauthier catch).

You're gonna deny Gauthier his one shot at glory? His one moment to shine? Why????

Advertisement
I think the personal on the field is wrong at times. Langham needs to be starting over Cager period. Give Mike and Jeff some screens in the first half. No more jump balls in the red zone for Harley plz.

They putting up yards. Alot of the problems are execution problems. Richt is not perfect but putting up almost 500 yards he must be doing something right

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I was never a Golden fan and wanted him fired in the second year. Did I say anything about Golden? Yes, I am enjoying this victory as a 30 year season ticket holder. Just expressing my opinion that CMR is NOT a good day game coach. We burned a TO to FOR NO REASON at all after a TO, attempted a ridiculous onside kick, and he ignored Homer too much. IT'S VERY SIMPLE ILCane2011.

so Richt in his second year has won TEN STRAIGHT GAMES,
including a bowl game for the first time in a decade at Miami,
he has beaten FSU for the first time in 8 years,
he is leading them to a top ten in the nation ranking,
outscores teams in the second half..

but sucks as a gameday coach.

you are a miserable human being.

Advertisement
Back