Richt on QB race "Open all season long"

Advertisement
LOVE IT!!!

CMR made the best possible call. Now NO ONE will relax or can afford to let up and get complacent.

All three will know that they have to come ready to play everyday or you'll get passed.

Man I love it!! This way all three will be motivated to do their very best in every practice and best of all in every game.

THIS should put every player and fan's mind to rest, regardless of which QB you may want to play. The BEST QB WILL PLAY as long as he's playing the best.

Last edited:
Yea but fūck that, bro

I don’t feel like sweating that game. I just don’t want to ******* be stressed that game. I hope we step on their necks. But even with their shlt coach, they have a lot of talent and a good D. Might be close. Who knows right now.
Most likely and realistically a close game, **** I want that blowout just as bad as anyone else.

LOVE IT!!!

CMR made the best possible call. Now NO ONE will relax or afford to let up

All three will know that they have to come ready to play everyday or you'll get passed.

Man I love it!! This way all three will be motivated to do their very best in every practice and best of all in every game.

THIS should put every player and fan's mind to rest regardless of which QB you may want to play. The BEST WILL PLAY as long as he's the best.
Richt's been around the block a time or 2. He didn't coach a P5 team in the SEC - regardless of his record - and not know what the **** he's doing. I believe he knows exactly what he's doing - especially as it relates to the QB's.

Advertisement
Agree with all your points but this one. RB's can only do so much with a ****** OL unless your name is Barry Sanders.
I agree completely. What I was getting at is our line stunk last year, and we had a decent ground game. We have a deeper backfield this year so it should at minimum be a wash.

Advertisement
Why is it no one takes Richt at his word? He lays it out for the public. Rosier is starting for now, but only performs well when he knows someone is gunning to take his spot. The other two have a lot to work on, but there's a lot to like, as well. This competition is going to go all season long... Etc, etc.. These are the statements that Richt makes to the press. Nowhere does he say he has his mind made up either way. And why should he? Lots of ball to play between now and LSU.

I do expect Rosier gets the nod game 1. But I believe Richt when he says he'll keep it an open competition during the season, at least until a clear leader emerges.

Whoever starts against LSU, i want starting in the Playoffs.
QB merry go rounds are a **** ride..

Wow.

You type with such confidence when it comes to all things Richt and what motivates him.

Thread, after thread, after thread.

He's never rotated QB's?

You post too much.

Your arrogance is annoying.

Don’t read my posts if I annoy you, Moishe. Put me on ignore.

Looks like you’ve got a thing for me, though.

I said “I don’t believe....”

Does that sound super confident, shmuck?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I agree completely. What I was getting at is our line stunk last year, and we had a decent ground game. We have a deeper backfield this year so it should at minimum be a wash.

The talent at OL is there. It’s just young. I expect a huge improvement in 2019. My concern is Richt’s scheme is setting up our OL to fail with this predictable play calling. Also, I’m not sold yet on Searls but the guy can recruit.

Interestingly enough, Weldon and Williams could both pass Perry in the race to overtake Rosier (or at least be next man up). Not many people would have guessed that last year

The talent at OL is there. It’s just young. I expect a huge improvement in 2019. My concern is Richt’s scheme is setting up our OL to fail with this predictable play calling. Also, I’m not sold yet on Searls but the guy can recruit.
Yeah it’s the tackle spots that continue to hurt us. Using great guards as mediocre tackles has been our MO for years.

Agreed about the overall talent though. I mean lots of teams across the country run successful offenses with much ****tier talent on the OL.

Advertisement
Jarren Williams is going to improve drastically from April 21-Sept 2nd. Malik Rosier is not. If it’s a tight race now then I expect Williams to win the job.
Anyone inferring that this QB battle is a close one between Williams and Rosier is not doing so based on anything the coaches have actually said and could be setting themselves up for a major disappointment come fall.

Richt is 50/50 on Williams catching a shirt. He’s not out of the race by any means. I think it’d be stupid to declare anyone out of the running before fall ball. But when your coach openly remarks how obvious it is that he doesn’t really know what he’s doing out there, the race ain’t close. Fortunately for him, what he’s behind on is one the easiest areas to develop over the summer, and that’s film study. But to imply that he doesn’t have a very long way to go is simply not accurate.

DJ Shockley had situational packages Richt would occasionally pull out of his bag, but went off script far too often to be relied on, and his 9 for 21 sophomore season and 26 for 60 Junior season nearly earned Mark Richt an early exit.

There are a ton of eerie similarities between Shockley and Perry, though. Immensely talented, but struggles with consistency and reliability from a knowledge of the game standpoint.

Advertisement
Back