Richt on QB race "Open all season long"

To me they will start Malik game one gor LSU but he will have the shortest leash ever. Any sign of bad play and Perry goes in

No, not really.

There’s never been a coach that pulls a QB because of a sign of a bad play.

Assuming Rosier starts at LSU, which is not for sure, we’d have to be losing with him playing badly for him to be pulled.

You guys start these made up narratives and then convince yourselves they’re true, when your only source is your imagination.

Look to the real world for examples.

I’m not saying this to put you down, it’s just that everyone is now going on this short leash groupthink narrative. I can see it building here on CIS.

Look to his history. Generally, Rick pulls QBs when he has to. Like he’s losing a game and the guy keeps missing. Like a Pittsburgh. Or when a QB is totally ineffective.

Don’t kid yourselves. If Rosier wins ugly but wins, he probably stays in. Especially if his ugly wins are big wins, like FSU and LSU

Advertisement
No, not really.

There’s never been a coach that pulls a QB because of a sign of a bad play.

Assuming Rosier starts at LSU, which is not for sure, we’d have to be losing with him playing badly for him to be pulled.

You guys start these made up narratives and then convince yourselves they’re true, when your only source is your imagination.

Look to the real world for examples.

I’m not saying this to put you down, it’s just that everyone is now going on this short leash groupthink narrative. I can see it building here on CIS.

Look to his history. Generally, Rick pulls QBs when he has to. Like he’s losing a game and the guy keeps missing. Like a Pittsburgh. Or when a QB is totally ineffective.

Don’t kid yourselves. If Rosier wins ugly but wins, he probably stays in. Especially if his ugly wins are big wins, like FSU and LSU
Im assuming we fall behind vs LSU they are talented as ****.....tough game to call but u r right if we are winning he will stay in.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement of Rosier coming off a 10 win season

Bigger indictment of Perry, don't think He's ever averaged double digits on yards per completion since He's been here from the stats I've seen.

For somebody with a strong as arm as Him, He sure seems to throw a lot of check-downs.

What I think is most funny about this spring QB thing is that most people come on here saying Richt says things like "QB race Open all season long" in order to keep Rosier from transferring.

When in essence it could be the exact opposite. It may be emphasized by Richt in the media to make the young guys continue to compete and progress and for them to stop thinking about leaving the program if the going gets tough.

Going to be a fascinating off season.

CMR obviously wants someone to snatch this job away from Rosier. If he didn’t he wouldn’t be making the statement he made today.

That wasn’t a motivation comment, that was a shot across the bow.

Advertisement
Bigger indictment of Perry, don't think He's ever averaged double digits on yards per completion since He's been here from the stats I've seen.

For somebody with a strong as arm as Him, He sure seems to throw a lot of check-downs.

Maybe the defense knows that too.

Advertisement
Im assuming we fall behind vs LSU they are talented as ****.....tough game to call but u r right if we are winning he will stay in.

Yea but fūck that, bro

I don’t feel like sweating that game. I just don’t want to ******* be stressed that game. I hope we step on their necks. But even with their shlt coach, they have a lot of talent and a good D. Might be close. Who knows right now.

Been saying the same thing since last season ended. Rosier will start, but if he struggles one of the Freshman will play. I doubted Rosier big time last year and he proved me wrong. Hopefully he can prove me wrong again and leave no doubt who the starter is. Would silence a lot of people if we end up blowing LSU out to begin the season.

Advertisement
This actually is very strategic..keeps everyone fighting for position..keeps emphasising what areas need improvement..and so far..if one of the young guns get the nod vs LSU,..they have no game plan for that..other than the looks we had last year,.. And a mobil, strong arm QB.
But ...its about rising to the top, and he just keeps stoking the fire to see who, in the end, finally rises to the top!

Just thinking out loud here..but..
Remember all of our screaming and ****ing about not being able to watch our scrimmages,.. Well...about that previous comment about gameplanning for perry or Williams.. There's no real footage of our scrimmages for them to review either. I think we keep underestimating this staff and their motives.

Advertisement
Savanah state, Toledo, and FIU is where these Backups qb should be given meaningful game snaps, maybe split the snaps during UNC game. By FSU game we should know who the guy is. I hope we have the luxury to redshirt Williams.

He did w David Greene and DJ Shockley

Possibly. I’m no expert on UGA football, I just don’t recall that. It may have been when he pulled quarterbacks because of performance, but as far as setting up a platoon system as a regular thing? I don’t think he’s known for that. If somebody can find evidence of it, then I stand corrected

Advertisement
Back