Richt on QB race "Open all season long"

Advertisement
Translation:

#12 is the starter.

But if things don’t go well, a young guy will get the job and Gauthier will make the line calls.

Advertisement
No excuses. We’re loaded with playmakers.

Even with a suspect OL we have a run game that can control the clock and the deepest set of receiving weapons we’ve had in years.

For ***** sake Rosier had about 50 TDS last year and we should be much better this year.

Someone is going to step up and have a monster season.

Don’t give a **** who it is.

Advertisement
I don’t mean to sound like a broken record, but I keep telling you guys this is an open competition.

It’s going to go into and through the summer.

Let’s see who does what and steps up when and organizes things on their own, without coaching involvement.

The clock starts now.

Who wants it the most?

Competition. It’s what makes open societies like America great.

Get some.

Rosier didn’t lock anything down this spring , richt is doing exactly what I thought he would before spring. He’s not going to down right and say that rosier isn’t going to be the starter in the spring at least..

Rosier didn’t lock anything down this spring , richt is doing exactly what I thought he would before spring. He’s not going to down right and say that rosier isn’t going to be the starter in the spring at least..

What?

Don’t overly complicate things.

It’s an open QB competition. Rosier has a lead, but it’s not a comanding lead.

Rick is not playing psycological games other than what he says. He wants guys pushing each other. Rosier has a lead but it’s an open competition. Take Rick exactly for his word.

Just listen to the words that come out of his mouth. It’s not complicated.

Advertisement
Pretty much exactly what we all thought. Malik will be the guy on 9/2 but one of the young guys has the opportunity to take it if he shows he can handle the offense and speed of the game.

in other words, Richt is gonna be like Tony LaRussa next to the red bullben phone all season long ready to relieve Rosier, which Im fine with

But Perry and Williams have a chance to make a move, here.

Bottom line, we/I/us need and deserve a QB who's main focus is that job - Being the signal caller at the U. Is it the first thing thats on their mind when they wake up and the last thing before their head hits the pillow, and any other time in-between?

Never gotten that sense with Rosy(and been told as much) so my question is, is Perry and Williams that guy? There is no other position in sports where this dynamic is so important

Advertisement
Jarren Williams is going to improve drastically from April 21-Sept 2nd. Malik Rosier is not. If it’s a tight race now then I expect Williams to win the job.

Williams wouldn’t surprise me. He’s very good already. I’m going w the sleeper pick though. Weldon.

Any one of the younger guys is going to get better and better w live action too.

No excuses. We’re loaded with playmakers.

Even with a suspect OL we have a run game that can control the clock and the deepest set of receiving weapons we’ve had in years.

For ***** sake Rosier had about 50 TDS last year and we should be much better this year.

Someone is going to step up and have a monster season.

Don’t give a **** who it is.

Agree with all your points but this one. RB's can only do so much with a ****** OL unless your name is Barry Sanders.

Advertisement
Back