Richt on King

I agree. With 2 1/2 years right. Kinda of hard to rebuild a entire roster in that time. ..With today’s environment it’s hard to account for the transfers also. I’m mainly talking about the structure of the program. Like u said the IPF for example
I’m not sure about that. S&C was a mess, recruiting was a shlt show when he left, the team was about to mutiny..... and that IPF was happening anyway.

Advertisement
If you don’t think king is a great QB at the college level I’d say your tripping. He is a difference maker. Problem is the inconsistency around him. Especially at the Los. With the mistakes this line consistently makes Sunshine wouldn’t reach his potential here. At some point these kids need to grow up
Do you know what great is? Lol. Bro, take off the glasses. He’s a good college QB. No one is going to put King in that echelon. I gave him credit for willing to us to 7-1.

I’m not sure about that. S&C was a mess, recruiting was a shlt show when he left, the team was about to mutiny..... and that IPF was happening anyway.
Idk if the ipf was happening anyway. I agree Recruiting was a mess during that last szn with all the losing and ineptitude on the field..with that said let’s not forget the days of mike Williams, fentress, Dallas Crawford, Joe brown, Darius smith who etc etc being in the teams two deep and starting

Who is replacing him in your scenario or are you projecting the record with no QB and playing out of the Wildcat?

And what makes you think TVD isn't the truth? Kyle Trask couldn't beat out Felipe Franks for a starting gig yet turned out to be much better despite not having his scrambling ability. TVD is a significantly higher rated recruit than Trask so why couldn't he turn out to be a step up from King.

Trask was low 3 star, .7984
TVD was a mid 4 star. 9173

Fans keep making these assumptions of what the record would be without King, but why not assume that TVD is going to turn out to be even better (which turned out to be the case up the road in Gainesville)
Bro; lol.....not sure what u’re talking about, but I’m talking this team, this season. U read way too much into my comment about what King has done for us. I didn’t say anything about TVD or his abilities. Lol.

If anything I’VE BEEN THE ONE saying why r we automatically assuming to get a QB from the portal when we have TVD? The mental makeup of this current roster needed an older leader w/ maturity. That’s all I’m saying.

Do you know what great is? Lol. Bro, take off the glasses. He’s a good college QB. No one is going to put King in that echelon. I gave him credit for willing to us to 7-1.
At the college level, yes I know what great is. He is afforded the ability to play not to make mistakes because of the great play around him . He’s not just managing the game tryna not make mistakes. He is literally the catalyst of the entire offense and the guy on the team. They go as he goes. This is a team with no real difference maker on the outside (guys are getting better tho), a oline who struggles to create space, and a barely above average D. He’s won and been the difference in shootouts and close games. He’s at 20 total TDs 64 percent with 4 TOs through 8 games..he’s doing this with out consistent play surrounding him. So yeah he’s been great. He is the difference between 2020 Miami being 2020 LSU

Advertisement
At the college level, yes I know what great is. He is not just managing the game tryna not make mistakes. He is literally the catalyst of the entire offense and the guy on the team. They go as he goes. This is a team with no real difference maker on the outside (guys are getting better tho), a oline who struggles to create space, and a barely above average D. He’s won and been the difference in shootouts and close games. He’s at 20 total TDs 64 percent with 4 TOs through 8 games..he’s doing this with out consistent play surrounding him. So yeah he’s been great. He is the difference between 2020 Miami being 2020 LSU
Great is a strong word, and it’s a word I won’t use for King. To each it’s own in their assessment, which is why I said “I don’t think.” Lol. U can feel he’s great, u also feel LBJ is the greatest b ball player....both r lies, but it’s ur opinion. Lol.

These dudes get all nostalgic and sappy over coaches. Rick was stealing checks and getting his unqualified son some big money he didn't deserve. Dude was awful and the program was headed rapidly into the toilet under his mindless stewardship. He seems like a nice guy, and I wish him well, but he was terrible here.
Yep. And most importantly, he himself knew it. Which is why he quit.

Would love to have him as our AD..

Why in God's name do you think he's remotely qualified to be an athletic administrator?

This is akin to saying Macho Man Randy Savage would have made a solid event planner.

randy savage GIF

Great is a strong word, and it’s a word I won’t use for King. To each it’s own in their assessment, which is why I said “I don’t think.” Lol. U can feel he’s great, u also feel LBJ is the greatest b ball player....both r lies, but it’s ur opinion. Lol.
Lmao..nahh I think MJ and lebron are 1a 1b..ive never said lebron was better definitely..but that’s off topic lol. I’m sure you’d consider sunshine or even fields as great college QBs..I’m telling you rn neither would elevate the inconsistency that’s going on around king. His best weapon has Been out. The oline still can’t creat space consistently. The last 4 game weeks king was the diff between wins and losses..12 tubs 2 picks in those..2 4th comebacks 💰💰 greatness

Advertisement
Idk if the ipf was happening anyway. I agree Recruiting was a mess during that last szn with all the losing and ineptitude on the field..with that said let’s not forget the days of mike Williams, fentress, Dallas Crawford, Joe brown, Darius smith who etc etc being in the teams two deep and starting
Yes....the IPF was happening with or without Richt...

Advertisement
We beat Ga Tech and Va Tech with King. Probably Duke and FIU, maybe Florida. With King, we don’t have to worry as much about FGs.
No doubt because the all came down within one score if I can remember right. We should have beat NC but the 4th and forever we should have stopped. Would have not been so flat and low energy at the end year as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back