Richt on King

Advertisement
I’ll be honest; I don’t think King is the greatest QB, but the guy is a player & humble. His cool head has forced us to be 7-1. @Liberty City El called him out before he popped, and he was spot on. I wondered how he would fare against constant P5 comp, & he’s led us to two 4th qtr comebacks.

I promise u, if King wasn’t our QB (& it’s due to his scramble ability), we would be 3-4 right now. I don’t think he has a future in the NFL as a QB, but I firmly believe he has a future in the NFL, and a long one at that. Just a good dude. Just wish his father was around to see his boy perform at the highest level of comp at the NCAA level.

Last edited:
Guy don’t want none of that type of stress. We just need him to continue being a huge ambassador!
I agree but doesn’t mean I can’t want him as our AD...at least you know he’d care about the program and he’d have the respect of the BOT as can be witnessed as to how fast he got the indoor practice facility put together and built.

I promise u, if King wasn’t our QB (& it’s due to his scramble ability), we would be 3-4 right now

Who is replacing him in your scenario or are you projecting the record with no QB and playing out of the Wildcat?

And what makes you think TVD isn't the truth? Kyle Trask couldn't beat out Felipe Franks for a starting gig yet turned out to be much better despite not having his scrambling ability. TVD is a significantly higher rated recruit than Trask so why couldn't he turn out to be a step up from King.

Trask was low 3 star, .7984
TVD was a mid 4 star. 9173

Fans keep making these assumptions of what the record would be without King, but why not assume that TVD is going to turn out to be even better (which turned out to be the case up the road in Gainesville)

Last edited:
Advertisement

Richt got us going in the right direction..we forget how bad this program was in 2015. Even given 2018, I give Richt props for getting us back to a respectable level. He left the program in a Better place then he found. I think it was obvious he didn’t have the hunger to follow through with it. But he laid a foundation. Now Diaz, so far has us goin in a good foward direction..just needs to keep the philosophy of what he wants on both sides and continue to recruit and hire towards that identity

I’ll be honest; I don’t think King is greatest QB, but the guy is a player & humble. His cool head has forced us to be 7-1. @Liberty City El called him out before he popped, and he was spot on. I wondered how he would fare against constant P5 comp, & he’s led us to two 4th qtr comebacks.

I promise u, if King wasn’t our QB (& it’s due to his scramble ability), we would be 3-4 right now. I don’t think he has a future in the NFL as a QB, but I firmly believe he has a future in the NFL, and a long one at that. Just a good dude. Just wish his father was around to see his boy perform at the highest level of comp at the NCAA level.
If you don’t think king is a great QB at the college level I’d say your tripping. He is a difference maker. Problem is the inconsistency around him. Especially at the Los. With the mistakes this line consistently makes Sunshine wouldn’t reach his potential here. At some point these kids need to grow up

On him

He's the head
These dudes get all nostalgic and sappy over coaches. Rick was stealing checks and getting his unqualified son some big money he didn't deserve. Dude was awful and the program was headed rapidly into the toilet under his mindless stewardship. He seems like a nice guy, and I wish him well, but he was terrible here.

Advertisement
Spot on take but let’s not act like Richt didn’t sign off on bringing the “immature” QB’s in here. The idea of being the coach at Miami was way better than the reality he faced when he got here. Great guy though and great face for the program. Father Time is undefeated, he didn’t have anything left.

Richt got us going in the right direction..we forget how bad this program was in 2015. Even given 2018, I give Richt props for getting us back to a respectable level. He left the program in a Better place then he found. I think it was obvious he didn’t have the hunger to follow through with it. But he laid a foundation. Now Diaz, so far has us goin in a good foward direction..just needs to keep the philosophy of what he wants on both sides and continue to recruit and hire towards that identity
Richt left this team a mess. It would still be a mess if not for the transfer portal. We’re talking 4-5 wins type mess. He did a great job helping to kickstart the IPF, but it would’ve happened with or without him.

These dudes get all nostalgic and sappy over coaches. Rick was stealing checks and getting his unqualified son some big money he didn't deserve. Dude was awful and the program was headed rapidly into the toilet under his mindless stewardship. He seems like a nice guy, and I wish him well, but he was terrible here.
Not sure how dudes don’t realize this team is a transfer portal away from complete disaster.

Advertisement
Mark Richt was a horrendous recruiter with a garbage OL coach, so I'm glad that didn't happen.
Agree.. he did not have the old passion but doing it for a toxic program that just got shootout by Clemson for 50 plus and was flying banners. He also got unlucky with key players injuries.

New OL coach, said OC, Manny handling the D and the portal and King at QB.. watchout!

His downfall was stubbornness and failing to evolve keeping son and calling pre-historic game

I agree that Jon Richt wasn’t ready to be OC, he didn’t put in the time and effort and wasn’t mature enough in the way he ran things. I know that JR tried to recruit QBs like Matt Jones from Jacksonville (now Alabama QB), who traveled here before a couple of games and visited Cub LIV with other recruits at the Hard Rock, but after meeting JR, Jones and his dad never seriously considered JR as a potential mentor.

They didn’t put in the work and effort required to be good coaches, and the good recruits could see through it

Advertisement
The ole maturity excuse is a very nice way to say u suck. Especially if u suck

He is right on King he's good because he's good is he mature? I don't know the dude but I know he's a good cfb qb. My whole thing with this maturity **** is for example if king is mature (using him as an example) and is a senior what happens if he sucks in the nfl will they say he isn't mature yet? It's either u mature or not or if u a good player or not.....there are a ton of immature players who r elite.
I have a headache now.

Facts. My thing is if u blame anyone on the staff anywhere u have to blame the guy that brought them in. If u blame a player u have to ask yourself who recruited them. They never want to blame the HC

Richt left this team a mess. It would still be a mess if not for the transfer portal. We’re talking 4-5 wins type mess. He did a great job helping to kickstart the IPF, but it would’ve happened with or without him.
I agree. With 2 1/2 years right. Kinda of hard to rebuild a entire roster in that time. ..With today’s environment it’s hard to account for the transfers also. I’m mainly talking about the structure of the program. Like u said the IPF for example

Advertisement
Back