Richt names N'kosi Perry as Starting QB at GT!

Would love to see what Williams could do but glad to see Rosier not starting. Develope a QB for next year. While Perry not the most popular choice because of what we have already seen of him in games I think he would be way ahead of Rosier at this point if he had been the starter the whole season. Hard to get better when only getting sporadic reps in games.

Advertisement
"Bowl game? you are talking about bowl game? I just hope we can win a game" as jim mora would say

1541702767308.png

When Richt mentions his “gut” and “best chance to win” I laugh

He has flip flopped and contradicted himself when using these phrases multiple times this year

No quick strike offense??? With the option you blink for a second and next thing you know the dude is running 75 yards to the endzone on any given play

If you play good assignment football against an option team, then that should be highly unlikely. Contrast this with a team that runs any other style offense. Those teams can identify mismatches and exploit holes in coverage. Even if a defense executes perfectly and no one makes a mistake, there is still going to be a weakness that can be exploited (holes in zone coverage, quick slants if DBs giving a cushion, etc). That's not really the case against an option offense.

If the defense executes correctly, it stops an option offense 99.9% of the time. So GT can score fast if the defense plays undisciplined football. Our defense is disciplined so that shouldn't happen.

Advertisement
Would love to see what Williams could do but glad to see Rosier not starting. Develope a QB for next year. While Perry not the most popular choice because of what we have already seen of him in games I think he would be way ahead of Rosier at this point if he had been the starter the whole season. Hard to get better when only getting sporadic reps in games.

If Perry's stats were identical (in terms of TD:INT ratio and completion percentage) while remaining the consistent starter, the complaints would be legitimate. But given that Perry's been yanked and put back in consistently over the last month, it's difficult to completely asses that Perry is a complete bust.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
You probably won't see Jarren until the VT game. Since he played in the Savanna State game, he can play in 3 more games and keep his redshirt. So, he's more likely to see action against VT, Pitt, and the bowl game if we can win at least 1 more game.

Exactly. Rick values that shirt wayyyyyy more than he should. If Perry looks like he has all year this week then we better see freaking Williams/Weldon asap.

Here's to Perry actually playing well though, of course.

Last edited:
More grab bag from Richt.

Gameplan will be same crappy gameplan.

Correct, Perry won't look good and then people will think he sucks (just like Kaaya and Rosier). When it should be obvious that this is just a horrible offense and no QB or OL will look good in it.

Advertisement
Back