Richt names N'kosi Perry as Starting QB at GT!

R E D S H I R T
I S
A
T H I N G
O F
T H E
P A S T
Disagree. There is very little to be gained by playing Jarren vs GT when you can hopefully have Perry play the entire game (or Rosier or Cade if necessary) and then play Jarren in the last two and the bowl and save him a year of eligibility. That plan didn't make sense earlier in the year, but it's a no brainer now.

Advertisement
Hopefully this move gets the team motivated and confident and play hard for 4 quarters.

Disagree. There is very little to be gained by playing Jarren vs GT when you can hopefully have Perry play the entire game (or Rosier or Cade if necessary) and then play Jarren in the last two and the bowl and save him a year of eligibility. That plan didn't make sense earlier in the year, but it's a no brainer now.

It's only players like two sport collegiate supernova like Rosier that stay 5 years. Otherwise there isn't a kid in the world who is going to stay all 5 years at a university. Richt has obviously proven inept in deciding the QB race in the offseason and needs to start the race now for next year vs UF/ advertise to a potential OC hire that'll be watching.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for international shipping vessels!

- Kosi Perry

Advertisement
Not even mentioned in any write up. Just do NOT understand what the thinking is there.

I believe he doesn't want Jarren mixed in this toxic environment. I am guessing he is saving him for next season. If it isn't that, then he's is not ready.

I believe he doesn't want Jarren mixed in this toxic environment. I am guessing he is saving him for next season. If it isn't that, then he's is not ready.

He's saving Jarren as another excuse next season for how inept his offense is.

Advertisement
It's only players like two sport collegiate supernova like Rosier that stay 5 years. Otherwise there isn't a kid in the world who is going to stay all 5 years at a university. Richt has obviously proven inept in deciding the QB race in the offseason and needs to start the race now for next year vs UF/ advertise to a potential OC hire that'll be watching.
Agree with you nobody these days stays. Which is why it didn't make sense earlier in the year. But at this point it makes zero sense to play Jarren this weekend and use a year of eligibility when you can play him the final three and not burn it. Even though he is unlikely to stay 5 years no doubt, it is entirely illogical to burn a year just to insert him in for a drive against GT.

"Bowl game? you are talking about bowl game? I just hope we can win a game" as jim mora would say

Great, now I can watch Canes football again. If he had gone with Malik, I wouldn't watch. I like the kid, but watching Malik Rosier throw a football, is the single most meaningless act, in all of human existence.

Advertisement
It’s the grills.
They’re mesmerizing.
He should’ve bought them over the summer.

Advertisement
Yup. I'm just relieved we are finally punting to next year and building for the future. No reason to keep the charade up with Malik. Let the kid build some confidence back up

Not the case. he is just desperate for win to be bowl eligible. He now this team have just no chance against VT or Pitt.

The QB situation has been completely bungled this season. Not sure if any other program had a QB controversy 3/4 into the season.

****, most programs had it figured out before the season started, and 4 games into the season at worst.

That just ruins any type of rhythm and momentum the kid is building. Granted, the play-calling the first drive can set the tone for this IF Richt designs it properly...which he won't.

The game will be over in the first 3 possessions. Either the offense is moving or we are getting blown out.

Advertisement
Back