Richt, man to beat, per Barry Jackson....

Richt as head coach, would bum me out completely, if true. Too nice of a guy and too Godly.

That would truly stink!

If so, get ready to be a 9 win team, well into perpetuity.

National titles or playoffs? Forget about it.

And we won't ever have a dominant defense

Advertisement
Only reason I would take Richt over Butch right now is because:
Richt seems burnt out right now not sure how invested he would be in getting this program back to where it should be.
Butch well the guy knows he made a mistake leaving in the first place and is foaming at the mouth at a second chance. The program needs to feel some excitement now desperately and Butch bring Excitement.

Why do people want a HC that UGA just fired because he couldn't win big games with a loaded roster? Why is that now good enough at UM but not good enough for a program that UM was always better than?

This!! My gosh! Richt has been the biggest underachiver in football for 12-13 years. That's why he was FIRED! He wasn't a winner before Saban or Miles or After. ****, he couldn't win anything with Zook was at UF and Holtz was stinking it up at South Carolina.

It better not be flucking Richt!

Why do people want a HC that UGA just fired because he couldn't win big games with a loaded roster? Why is that now good enough at UM but not good enough for a program that UM was always better than?

This!! My gosh! Richt has been the biggest underachiver in football for 12-13 years. That's why he was FIRED! He wasn't a winner before Saban or Miles or After. ****, he couldn't win anything with Zook was at UF and Holtz was stinking it up at South Carolina.

It better not be flucking Richt!

This is wrong ^. He's 3-5 or so against Saban with a few overtime losses and before Saban and miles he won two sec championships and has won 6 sec east titles over Florida

Advertisement
BigO said he is not impressed with Butch's coaching while here, didn't win enough either, and comes with some questionable ethics. Kind of agree on the coaching part. If he comes, would want him to bring in some heavyweight assistants with.

I like Mark as a coach and a human being but I'm not sold he is the right man for Miami at this time. I worry about him having the energy and the burning desire to start working now, in a new completely different environment immediately after (unexpectedly) being fired from the job he held for 15 years. Any man would be somewhat dejected and probably needs little more time to digest things. That's why I prefer Butch. He is rested, prepared and ready to go. Armed with all the information he needs and with a well thought out planned in hand.
So you're worried about the energy level of a healthy fit 53 year old man, but you're all in on a 65 year old cancer survivor?

Seems strange to me that richt us going to coach georgia in bowl game still if he looking for another job wouldn't think he would coach bowl if he is going to be employed by another school

Seems strange to me that richt us going to coach georgia in bowl game still if he looking for another job wouldn't think he would coach bowl if he is going to be employed by another school

Won't be coaching if hired obviously

Advertisement
Unbelievable this admin is gonna FVCK up another hire! Pathetic that were taking another teams washed up trash....god were the laughing stock of college football

I'm extremely depressed and angry.

We need a savage not a preacher who failed despite tons of resources and talent.

Fly the banner

Advertisement
GF 1:50 update

We are hearing that Mrs. Richt has signed off on Miami in advance of Mark's meeting with Miami today

Meyer was hired by Florida on December 3, 2004. Meyer coached Utah in their Bowl game that year.

If his tenure starts immediately, he won't coach. If I were Miami, I would want him on the job and recruiting ASAP

Meyer was hired by Florida on December 3, 2004. Meyer coached Utah in their Bowl game that year.
Guess I don't remember that obviously. Seems strange but I guess it does happen sometimes

Advertisement
I like Mark as a coach and a human being but I'm not sold he is the right man for Miami at this time. I worry about him having the energy and the burning desire to start working now, in a new completely different environment immediately after (unexpectedly) being fired from the job he held for 15 years. Any man would be somewhat dejected and probably needs little more time to digest things. That's why I prefer Butch. He is rested, prepared and ready to go. Armed with all the information he needs and with a well thought out planned in hand.
So you're worried about the energy level of a healthy fit 53 year old man, but you're all in on a 65 year old cancer survivor?
Did you notice that I qualified it by saying "at this time" or just see what you want to see? He just got unexpectedly "fired" from a place he loved and worked for for 15 years and you don't think it had any effect on his state of mind? Butch is in good health, well rested and have been preparing for this for a while. His age is not an issue to me. Mark just got blind sided and I don't know if he is emotionally and mentally ready AT THIS TIME

I think it's funny how message boarders think they know who UM has contacted or is considering, but not a single person in the media has provided a single piece of hard news. First it was, "UM is clueless and I can't believe they would foreclose the opportunity to hire Butch." Then it was, "UM is so lazy, once again it's hired a consulting firm to do its work and we're going to end up with another Al Golden." Shortly after that, "Wario is clearly getting the job because UM only wants a 'Miami guy' and the writing is on the wall." Yesterday, "UM is a joke, this was Butch's job from the start and everything else is window dressing." Now it's, "Butch is nothing more than a red herring and UM is going to f*ck up by hiring a religious zealot who failed to win a national championship." D$ should donate the threads over the last 6 weeks to science.

Including his own regarding Strong and how the combination of Butch/Dorsey and Kaaya will be the college football equivalent of when the Thundercats combine - assuming of course that they are a Miami "fit".

His opinions are not the same as uninformed, hysterical presumptions regarding what UM is or is not doing during this search.

Advertisement
Back