Richt: I miss coaching quarterbacks, I miss calling plays.

Advertisement
Can't believe no one asked a follow up to this?

JC

More details about what coaching capacity he would like...

Is coaching elsewhere one of those options?

“Oh, yeah. No doubt. I’ll say this: If and when I do coach again, I’m looking forward to coaching again, in terms of being more hands-on. I miss coaching quarterbacks. I miss calling plays. I miss that part of it. Whether it’s in the role of head coach, coordinator, quarterbacks coach, whatever it is, if I choose to do that, I’d be really excited about coaching QB’s again and getting in the middle of the offensive strategy. Not that I wasn’t in it, but I wasn’t calling it. I think I’d be more apt to do that again.”

'I've got a lot of options' ? 7 notable quotes from Mark Richt's press conference

Now that is interesting.

What I'm saying.

fincane likes to blow stuff out his *** without knowing the subject matter.

Advertisement
Before you jump on any dreaming Canes fans just remember that there are plenty of deludinoids in the $EC right now discussing with straight faces if their team should bring in Richt as an OC. So take it easy on people here that are just fantasizing that he might want to come "home" to do it here. While it won't happen, it's also not as insane and insulting as some clown in Baton Rouge or Knoxville pondering if they should take his services.

Who knows, Auburn landed assclown Muschamp with a fat check to cuss out refs...

Before you jump on any dreaming Canes fans just remember that there are plenty of deludinoids in the $EC right now discussing with straight faces if their team should bring in Richt as an OC. So take it easy on people here that are just fantasizing that he might want to come "home" to do it here. While it won't happen, it's also not as insane and insulting as some clown in Baton Rouge or Knoxville pondering if they should take his services.

And Gene Chizik is up for the Broyles award this year for top assistant coach.

It's not unprecedented for a former HC to go somewhere else and do very well as an OC or DC.

I'd bet a nickel that Butch's "interview" was a wrap. I also had a thought that perhaps part of Butch's
"deal" is to groom a head coach in waiting. Just a thought like the thousands before me BUT maybe
Richt's announcement of still wanting to coach instead of retiring, will upset Butch's apple cart. What say YOU out there ???

Richt actually said he would consider being an OC. Those were his direct words. No one is making that up.

Advertisement

And Gene Chizik is up for the Broyles award this year for top assistant coach.

It's not unprecedented for a former HC to go somewhere else and do very well as an OC or DC.

Look, don't hold your breath on it but to suggest it doesn't deserve major ridicule when you have clowns like this suggesting something totally ridiculous on national platforms (I love the first two replies too):

Screenshot_2015-11-30-15-02-24-1.jpg

Richt actually said he would consider being an OC. Those were his direct words. No one is making that up.

You're right, he did, but I still think he'll end up being a hands on HC.

If he gets a HC gig where he can win he'll probably take it and call plays. If not, I can see him being an OC somewhere. He is a different dude. Seems like he really wants to actively coach offense and QBs now.

CoachingSearch.com ‏@coachingsearch 2h2 hours ago
Mark Richt admitted he’d do several thing differently if he’s a head coach again. Doesn’t like being CEO coach

Didn't Miami say they wanted a CEO type coach?

Advertisement
IF Richt is looking to scale back the pressure a bit, taking an OC/QB role for the right money wouldn't shock me. It'd be surprising, but not shocking. Either way, I think Blake or whomever is pulling the strings needs to be on the phone with him right now.

CoachingSearch.com ‏@coachingsearch 2h2 hours ago
Mark Richt admitted he’d do several thing differently if he’s a head coach again. Doesn’t like being CEO coach

Didn't Miami say they wanted a CEO type coach?

Didn't we just get rid of one?

let's also think about the current job openings besides Miami:

South Carolina
Missouri
Maryland
UCF
Illinois
Syracuse
Iowa State

Am I missing any? Where would Richt end up on this list? Not SC - I don't think he wants to coach against UGA every year. Mizzou? Maryland?

Honestly I think Miami makes the most sense if Richt wants to coach again, regardless of position.

Advertisement

South Carolina
Missouri
Maryland
UCF
Illinois
Syracuse
Iowa State

Am I missing any? Where would Richt end up on this list? Not SC - I don't think he wants to coach against UGA every year. Mizzou? Maryland?

Honestly I think Miami makes the most sense if Richt wants to coach again, regardless of position.

Tulane. They're in the same conference as UCF and whipped the Knights this year.

South Carolina
Missouri
Maryland
UCF
Illinois
Syracuse
Iowa State

Tulane. They're in the same conference as UCF and whipped the Knights this year.

Right on. Doubt Richt goes there unless he just wants to throw beads.

South Carolina
Missouri
Maryland
UCF
Illinois
Syracuse
Iowa State

Disagree. I think he'd want to beat UGA every year of his remaining life.

South Carolina
Missouri
Maryland
UCF
Illinois
Syracuse
Iowa State

Right on. Doubt Richt goes there unless he just wants to throw beads.

I don't see him going anywhere but Miami out of that list

Advertisement
Back