Richt: I miss coaching quarterbacks, I miss calling plays.

mjarv21

Redshirt Freshman
If he doesn't stick around at UGA how does it sound to have him as OC, assuming we don't end up with an offensive minded head coach?

“No doubt,” Richt said. “I’ll say this: if an when I do coach again I’ll look forward to coaching again. Being more hands on. I miss coaching quarterbacks, I miss calling plays.”

Richt’s role going forward at UGA has "not been defined totally," according to Richt. Since he won’t be recruiting over the next two weeks he will spend that time "looking at my options."

Mark Richt fired: Richt waits for opportunities after Georgia | www.ajc.com

Last edited:
Advertisement
He was a very effective OC at FSU and if that's what he wanted to do at UM, it would be a rock solid choice.

If he doesn't stick around at UGA how does it sound to have him as OC, assuming we don't end up with an offensive minded coach?

“No doubt,” Richt said. “I’ll say this: if an when I do coach again I’ll look forward to coaching again. Being more hands on. I miss coaching quarterbacks, I miss calling plays.”

Richt’s role going forward at UGA has "not been defined totally," according to Richt. Since he won’t be recruiting over the next two weeks he will spend that time "looking at my options."

If he doesn't stick around at UGA how does it sound to have him as OC, assuming we don't end up with an offensive minded coach?

I don't think it means the OC route. I think he wants to be more like Jimbo. HC but he calls the offensive plays and coaches the QB.

Coached up two heisman winning QB's at FSU as quarterbacks coach/OC at Florida State

Had the #1 offense in the nation multiple times.

Advertisement
Richt made 4 million last year, he's not going to be Butch's OC. lol He'll be a HC who calls the offense. I think that is a great idea for him.

Advertisement
If he doesn't stick around at UGA how does it sound to have him as OC, assuming we don't end up with an offensive minded head coach?

Soon as I heard the press conference I wondered who would win the misconstruing what Richt said award.

We we have a winner.

There is no way he's going to be an Oc next year. Stop.

Richt is not going to be an OC.

I find all of these "dream scenarios" extremely entertaining. Richt can get another HC job tomorrow. Schiano isnt coming as DC. People are really setting themselves up for disappointment.

What a load of crap. He misses coaching QBs? Then why have his QBs been mostly pedestrian?

Advertisement
Richt made 4 million last year, he's not going to be Butch's OC. lol He'll be a HC who calls the offense. I think that is a great idea for him.

Yeah, well the idea of putting the band back together - former head coaches - doing it for fun and with a goal - that actually motivates many people.

They're doing something they love just to have one more go at racking up a string of Crystal Balls.

He also said this Weak Minded Sh*t:

"Expectations have been built to the point if you don't win a championship, things are miserable around here,"

DON'T WANT!

Advertisement

I don't think it means the OC route. I think he wants to be more like Jimbo. HC but he calls the offensive plays and coaches the QB.

He said that he might want to be an OC again or QB coach again. He stated that he would take a good look at all of his options.

This leaves the door open for him coming in as our OC.

Before you jump on any dreaming Canes fans just remember that there are plenty of deludinoids in the $EC right now discussing with straight faces if their team should bring in Richt as an OC. So take it easy on people here that are just fantasizing that he might want to come "home" to do it here. While it won't happen, it's also not as insane and insulting as some clown in Baton Rouge or Knoxville pondering if they should take his services.

Last edited:
He also said this Weak Minded Sh*t:

"Expectations have been built to the point if you don't win a championship, things are miserable around here,"

DON'T WANT!

That's not the full quote. He also said "I'm miserable when we don't win championships." Do you do anything besides troll?

Yeah, well the idea of putting the band back together - former head coaches - doing it for fun and with a goal - that actually motivates many people.

They're doing something they love just to have one more go at racking up a string of Crystal Balls.

Which people? What super team of former head coaches are you talking about? And why would Mark Richt consider working under a man he probably considers a worse coach? A guy he has no connections to.

Advertisement
Back