Richt: I miss coaching quarterbacks, I miss calling plays.

Advertisement
Richt made 4 million last year, he's not going to be Butch's OC. lol He'll be a HC who calls the offense. I think that is a great idea for him.

Yeah, well the idea of putting the band back together - former head coaches - doing it for fun and with a goal - that actually motivates many people.

They're doing something they love just to have one more go at racking up a string of Crystal Balls.

I'm with you.. Maybe they're about to make the perfect storm in coaching together!! LOL
Anything is possible!!!!

I don't mean any harm, I really like the idea of bringing Butch back, but if Richt wants the HC job at Miami then bring him home. Let him run his offense and maybe Blake can recommend that he bring Dorsey on as his OC, giving him similar responsibilities to what Coley did for Fisher at FSU.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If Richt comes as HC and runs the offense then it would mean we wouldn't need a killer OC. Bring on a guy like Dorsey to Co/OC or a cheaper guy to Co/OC (like Coley was for Jimbo) and spend money on a homerun DC. This would have the makings of a great staff as well.

I don't mean any harm, I really like the idea of bringing Butch back, but if Richt wants the HC job at Miami then bring him home. Let him run his offense and maybe Blake can recommend that he bring Dorsey on as his OC, giving him similar responsibilities to what Coley did for Fisher at FSU.

Yep. You beat me to it. That gives more money for a killer DC and assistants.

A lot of people knock him for losing his fire. I do too but Georgia didn't give him full control of the team. I'd be bored too

Advertisement
I think given all the indications by the BoT and Blake, and what they're looking for in the next HC, this is now Richt's place to say no to Miami. He will definitely be offered, IMO. And I wouldn't mind that.

Richt made 4 million last year, he's not going to be Butch's OC. lol He'll be a HC who calls the offense. I think that is a great idea for him.

Yeah, well the idea of putting the band back together - former head coaches - doing it for fun and with a goal - that actually motivates many people.

They're doing something they love just to have one more go at racking up a string of Crystal Balls.

Which people? What super team of former head coaches are you talking about? And why would Mark Richt consider working under a man he probably considers a worse coach? A guy he has no connections to.

When you grow up, you'll realize that there are things that appeal to you that to outsiders may not make any sense.

It will mean nothing to subordinate yourself to accomplish a fun goal.

Money isn't everything. Sometimes money means nothing.

Advertisement

Which people? What super team of former head coaches are you talking about? And why would Mark Richt consider working under a man he probably considers a worse coach? A guy he has no connections to.

When you grow up, you'll realize that there are things that appeal to you that to outsiders may not make any sense.

It will mean nothing to subordinate yourself to accomplish a fun goal.

Money isn't everything. Sometimes money means nothing.

Why do you keep mentioning money? Go find the coach in Richt's position who has ever done this.

Maybe Butch wants to be Richt's DC? Butch should subordinate himself to accomplish the goal. Whats the difference? All they want is a championship, right?

Advertisement
If he doesn't stick around at UGA how does it sound to have him as OC, assuming we don't end up with an offensive minded coach?

“No doubt,” Richt said. “I’ll say this: if an when I do coach again I’ll look forward to coaching again. Being more hands on. I miss coaching quarterbacks, I miss calling plays.”

Richt’s role going forward at UGA has "not been defined totally," according to Richt. Since he won’t be recruiting over the next two weeks he will spend that time "looking at my options."

Mark Richt fired: Richt waits for opportunities after Georgia | www.ajc.com

I don't think it means the OC route. I think he wants to be more like Jimbo. HC but he calls the offensive plays and coaches the QB.

This

Can't believe no one asked a follow up to this?

JC

More details about what coaching capacity he would like...

Is coaching elsewhere one of those options?

“Oh, yeah. No doubt. I’ll say this: If and when I do coach again, I’m looking forward to coaching again, in terms of being more hands-on. I miss coaching quarterbacks. I miss calling plays. I miss that part of it. Whether it’s in the role of head coach, coordinator, quarterbacks coach, whatever it is, if I choose to do that, I’d be really excited about coaching QB’s again and getting in the middle of the offensive strategy. Not that I wasn’t in it, but I wasn’t calling it. I think I’d be more apt to do that again.”

'I've got a lot of options' ? 7 notable quotes from Mark Richt's press conference

JC

“Oh, yeah. No doubt. I’ll say this: If and when I do coach again, I’m looking forward to coaching again, in terms of being more hands-on. I miss coaching quarterbacks. I miss calling plays. I miss that part of it. Whether it’s in the role of head coach, coordinator, quarterbacks coach, whatever it is, if I choose to do that, I’d be really excited about coaching QB’s again and getting in the middle of the offensive strategy. Not that I wasn’t in it, but I wasn’t calling it. I think I’d be more apt to do that again.”

'I've got a lot of options' ? 7 notable quotes from Mark Richt's press conference

Now that is interesting.

JC

Well ****.... Hire Butch as HC and Richt as OC ...

JC

Advertisement
Back