Richt handcuffed by his AD at Georgia...

Coach Macho

aka Beardy Ryan
Dude I coached for has a good friend that coaches in Georgia and knows Richt personally. He sent me this text today. Thought you guys might be interested.

My buddy in GA says Richt and the AD were at loggerheads over the offense. Richt wanted to run fast break spread like his old FSU days but AD wanted old school Tailback ****. AD essentially hired Schotty over Richt's objections
Says Richt was handcuffed and was a figurehead this season. Wanted to spread it out and utilize athletes. AD felt that wasn't "Bulldog Football" and would "hurt the brand".

Also, this kid is following Richt to Miami. Apparently he's waiting until the presser and he's going to switch his commitment.

DeeJay Dallas - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Advertisement
Total Bull Sh*t! Stop making excuses for MR. He hasn't even coached a game yet!

Lol that's why Richt kept insisting he wanted control of his offense in his next job at that press conference. The AD looked uncomfortable as **** when he brought that up lol

Advertisement

It's not. I heard the exact same thing from numerous people, one of whom is pretty well connected (used to run the campus radio station at UGA). When McGarity came in '06 or '07 he wanted Richt to be a CEO, more hands off, while letting his OCs (Bobo mostly) call the plays (Richt called the plays before '06) and directly mentor the QBs. While Richt never ran the fast break at UGA, his offenses from '01-'06 looked a lot more like FSU than the ones from '07-'15.

If he wants to go up-tempo, Im all for it

Up-tempo doesnt always mean read-option and running QB's, and I think it's an effective way to mitigate a porous offensive line...

Plus, No AD stops a HC from winning. Blake let Folden keep Dorito. Folden more powerful than Richt?

PhuckOuttaHere!

Stop the excuses!

UGA fired Richt because he was not winning the right games! End of Story!

Advertisement

I mean he made comments in his farewell presser about how he can't wait to coach QBs and call plays again.

UGA fans said they all knew exactly what he was referring to. It's not an excuse, just sounds like he was a bit handcuffed at UGA.

Last edited:

Plus, No AD stops a HC from winning. Blake let Folden keep Dorito. Folden more powerful than Richt?

PhuckOuttaHere!

Stop the excuses!

You just quoted yourself. Your act has worn out its welcome.

PhuckOuttaHere!

Stop the excuses!

Guarantee you Golden had more power than most SEC coaches (who are quite often forced to let assistants go).

Our administration (for better or worse) didn't force Golden to do a god **** thing.

Advertisement

It's not. I heard the exact same thing from numerous people, one of whom is pretty well connected (used to run the campus radio station at UGA). When McGarity came in '06 or '07 he wanted Richt to be a CEO, more hands off, while letting his OCs (Bobo mostly) call the plays (Richt called the plays before '06) and directly mentor the QBs. While Richt never ran the fast break at UGA, his offenses from '01-'06 looked a lot more like FSU than the ones from '07-'15.

Bull Sh*t to you too. Again, what AD prevents an HC from being ultra competitive?

HC: I have a great game plan for Bama!

AD: Don't use it.

HC: What?

AD: Go out there and Get Your Sh*t Pushed In.

TOTAL BULLSH*T!

Let's just seewhat MR does at Miami..............No more UGA Excuses!

Last edited:
Says the guy who claimed we scrapped the 2 gap. Lol

If you go to @dgould151 twitter he tracked every snap of the season and tweeted out the links to the information. We didn't completely scrap the 2 gap but overall we ran more 1 gap then 2 gap. We were actually a worse defense against the run in 1 gap than in 2 gap

Advertisement

I mean he made comments in his farewell presser about how he can't wait to coach QBs and call plays again.

UGA fans said they all knew exactly what he was referring to. It's not an excuse, just sounds like he was a bit handcuffed at UGA.

If he was, he did it to himself!

I am gonna support MR unless he Under-Achieves again!

Sonny Dong pukes up his worthless bile on another thread. Shame because this one had some good info in the OP.

Macho, the main reason I was very happy with the Richt hire was because I listened to his post-firing press conference. When he said, "I want to go back to coaching offense and be involved in play-calling" I knew there was a fire in his gut and that he had regret. I'd love to see him spread it out and put as much speed on the field as possible and still run the fck out of the football. No more football in a phone horseshyt.

PhuckOuttaHere!

Stop the excuses!

What do you expect from a known nole fan lol

Advertisement
Back