Richt gets his QB

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
IMG_0472.jpg

Mark Richt hit on his top target at quarterback for the second straight recruiting cycle as IMG QB Artur Sitkowski (6-4, 215) committed to the Hurricanes on Saturday night.

[TWEET]835673590666178560[/TWEET]

Sources told CanesInSight last week that Sitkowski was leaning towards a possible commitment this weekend. Richt expressed his excitement as well.

[TWEET]835682173378314240[/TWEET]

This is Sitkowski's first season at IMG. He is transferring from Old Bridge, New Jersey. Last September, he said, “I really believe in what Coach Richt is doing down there. I love his history of working with the position,” he said. “Seeing that he gives freedom to the quarterbacks if you earn his trust is music to my ears.”

That full article can be seen here: https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/canes-recruiting/102212

On last week's CanesInSight podcast presented by CanesWear, Sitkowski's 7-on-7 coach broke down his game.

[SOUNDCLOUD]309269222[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Sitkowski is slated to throw at tomorrow's Nike Miami Regional Opening, where he hopes to earn an invite to the Opening. CanesInSight will have full video and reaction from him tomorrow.

Advertisement
2 different events. An elite 11 camp happens after Nike camps are done. Those camps are more QB focused.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gonna be really interesting in how he performs during his senior season. He has the tools.

Advertisement
This is very talented recruiting class and it can only get better since we got Img signal caller.

Advertisement
Pete,

What are your thoughts Sits? Did it surprise you Sits was #1 on CMR's list?

I'm all in this kid has the tools to be outstanding and hopefully we won'tneed him for a few years so Rich will be able to mold him to be a great qb

Hitting on the targets we want at QB, RB, DB already. This class is great moving to epic! Welcome to QB U!

Advertisement
Back