Richt donating $1,000,000 for IPF

Advertisement
image.jpg

Source?

Advertisement
i quietly made a donation and challenged Richt to match it. Good to see that he has.

Love the move as a reflection of Richt's chatacter and dedication but I hope there's a story involved where he challenged some whale donors to match or exceed his donation on the spot and it instantly got the thing built. Otherwise, it could almost be spun by those with nefarious motives as being reflective of us still being cash strapped. Actively employed coaches that donate money to schools usually end up doing so on the academic side (libraries, scholarships, etc) and not for infrastructure for their own program. Again, I'm not critical of anything involved with this but just am cognizant of the optics and how it can be spun by idiots and haters.

Last edited:
Actively employed coaches that donate money to schools usually end up doing so on the academic side (libraries, scholarships, etc) and not for infrastructure for their own program.
Didnt Dabo give up some of his salary and put it into his assistant coaches?

Advertisement
Katie Meier donated money recently and challenged alumni to follow suit. Richt may be following suit.

Richt actually got into a little trouble with the NCAA for supplementing his assistants' salaries at UGA.

Actively employed coaches that donate money to schools usually end up doing so on the academic side (libraries, scholarships, etc) and not for infrastructure for their own program.
Didnt Dabo give up some of his salary and put it into his assistant coaches?

Not sure about Dabo but Richt did at UGA. No wonder this guy is beloved on a personal level. I bet guys like Bielema and Petrino steal office supplies.

If this is true:

Wow. Richt is quickly turning my cynical, jaded self into a believer again.

Advertisement
Unbelievable gesture from Richt which shows what type of person he really is.

A truly special person.

They should put his name on that motherf**ker.

Speaks volumes to his character which was already in high standings, also love the message that it sends to recruits and their family's.

Advertisement
If his donation amount is accurate, that's beyond remarkable and shows a deep committment to the program.

To prove he is not the total scumbag con man that we think he is, Al Golden should donate 1 million to the indoor facility.

The guy stole over 10 million from us. Giving 1 million back seems fair.

If true, and I have no reason to doubt it is so. MR is not only demonstrating his commitment to the program he is also investing in its future and showing confidence that the IPF will provide dividends over an extended tenure as head coach and a proud alumnus. Thank you Coach Richt!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back