Richt donating $1,000,000 for IPF

This is good. Richt is a great person, every year at Georgia he donated a lot of money to his church and organizations. A lot.... And stop trying to paint the athletic department in a bad way just because richt is donating his own money. That shows how committed he is to Miami if anything, he didn't do that for uga. He has been doing this like this for years and plus don't tell me how "sad" it is, he'll he has as been asking uga for YEARS for an IPF and they finally are getting one. He has been at Miami for less than 8 months and a visible plan is already in motion. He sees the commitment from Miami...

Last edited:
Advertisement
To prove he is not the total scumbag con man that we think he is, Al Golden should donate 1 million to the indoor facility.

The guy stole over 10 million from us. Giving 1 million back seems fair.

You have a better chance of seeing Beano Cook donate to the construction of the IPF.

That had to help get the money coming in.

Smart move on his part he will make it back in bonuses from winning championships and reaching bench marks quicker by not having to miss practices. This is big boy pants on movemove by him. UM should get some money from Stephen Ross, because he would benefit greatly from Miami winning games again and increased attendance at the stadium.

But again Richt donating $1M would be a masterful move, not to mention it would be a huge statement to his intent to stay at UM long term. Also it is a good tax write off for Richt to reduce the $4.1 million lump sum buyout he is getting from UGA.

Link to Article about Richt's buyout at UGA.
Price to pay: Details released on the cost of Mark Richt's buyout at Georgia

Go Canes

Last edited:
Exchange went something like this...

Richt: I see your $1 donation, Canedog. I'll match that $1 and raise you $999,999. Your move.

Canedog: :sanford:
i quietly made a donation and challenged Richt to match it. Good to see that he has.

Advertisement
After Al Golden put all those pillars up?
Unbelievable gesture from Richt which shows what type of person he really is.

A truly special person.

They should put his name on that motherf**ker.

Ross is doing a lot for us by renovating that **** hole of a stadium into something that will actually wow recruits. That place packed for the FSU stomping we're going to give them will be sweet.

Smart move on his part he will make it back in bonuses from winning championships and reaching bench marks quicker by not having to miss practices. This is big boy pants on movemove by him. UM should get some money from Stephen Ross, because he would benefit greatly from Miami winning games again and increased attendance at the stadium.

But again Richt donating $1M would be a masterful move, not to mention it would be a huge statement to his intent to stay at UM long term.

Go Canes

Link below
Mark Richt donating $1 million toward Hurricanes indoor practice facility | Canes Watch

Mark Richt donating $1 million toward Hurricanes indoor practice facility

Stephen Ross isn’t the only South Florida sports figure digging into his own pocket for football construction projects.

Mark Richt told boosters in Chicago last week he was donating $1 million of his own money to fund Miami’s indoor practice facility, several sources who were at the event told the Post. Richt’s comments were first reported by Canesport.

UM Athletics Director Blake James told the Post that Richt’s gift had not been finalized and he would not confirm the amount. Plans are on paper for the facility — and have been shown to prospective donors and recruits — but aren’t ready for public view.

Building an indoor practice facility is the No. 1 priority for UM athletics, and was even before Richt took over as football coach Dec. 4. Especially after UM’s rain-soaked Pro Day on March 31, the project has been a focus of Richt’s spring speaking tour, with UM hoping to secure the high-dollar donations it takes to start construction.

UM is one of the only Power 5 programs without shelter from the elements. It has plans to build a facility that houses its entire football footprint and covers one of the existing practice fields. UM hopes to announce plans in the coming weeks for a project that will cost more than $25 million — Canesport reported approximately $27 million — and be completed in the next two seasons.

Advertisement
Why hasn't the school opened this up to the public to help donate? Is it a bad look? I imagine they could sell bricks and the like to commemorate the friends of the program who donate to an endeavor like this.

That's great! I read somewhere that we are the only BCS conference team not to have an indoor practice facility. (And while playing in one of the rainiest climates to make it all the worse.) I wonder how many teams in the MAC or Sun Bet lack such facilities.

Now there is a man that wants to win and build a dynasty here.

We've got a coach with the right attitude. Now lets see if he still has what it takes to win on the field. :)

Why hasn't the school opened this up to the public to help donate? Is it a bad look? I imagine they could sell bricks and the like to commemorate the friends of the program who donate to an endeavor like this.

That's technically what the Hurricane Club is for. Season ticket holders automatically become Club members. They hit you up for additional donations all the time.

Advertisement
Love the move as a reflection of Richt's chatacter and dedication but I hope there's a story involved where he challenged some whale donors to match or exceed his donation on the spot and it instantly got the thing built. Otherwise, it could almost be spun by those with nefarious motives as being reflective of us still being cash strapped. Actively employed coaches that donate money to schools usually end up doing so on the academic side (libraries, scholarships, etc) and not for infrastructure for their own program. Again, I'm not critical of anything involved with this but just am cognizant of the optics and how it can be spun by idiots and haters.

Hit the nail dead on the head.

So ready for this thing to be built already and we got 2 more years??

Advertisement

You're joking right??? Where have you been?

He's a smart man and different level of coach than we've had the pat 15 years. He needs 85 scholarship players and his staff to match his level of commitment to the program. No better way to do that than putting your money where your mouth is. He is 100% all-in on this job.

To prove he is not the total scumbag con man that we think he is, Al Golden should donate 1 million to the indoor facility.

The guy stole over 10 million from us. Giving 1 million back seems fair.

That fat pha99ot would rather spend a million at fatburger

Advertisement
Back