Richt donating $1,000,000 for IPF

Advertisement
Advertisement
2 years to build?

The Empire State Building was designed by William F. Lamb from the architectural firm Shreve, Lamb and Harmon, which produced the building drawings in just two weeks, using its earlier designs for the Reynolds Building in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, and the Carew Tower in Cincinnati, Ohio (designed by the architectural firm W. W. Ahlschlager & Associates) as a basis.[23][24] Every year the staff of the Empire State Building sends a Father's Day card to the staff at the Reynolds Building in Winston-Salem to pay homage to its role as predecessor to the Empire State Building.[25] The building was designed from the top down.[26] The general contractors were The Starrett Brothers and Eken, and the project was financed primarily by John J. Raskob and Pierre S. du Pont. The construction company was chaired by Alfred E. Smith, a former Governor of New York and James Farley's General Builders Supply Corporation supplied the building materials.[1] John W. Bowser was project construction superintendent.[27][28][29]
Excavation of the site began on January 22, 1930, and construction on the building itself started on March 17—St. Patrick's Day—per Al Smith's influence as Empire State, Inc. president. The project involved 3,400 workers, mostly immigrants from Europe, along with hundreds of Mohawk iron workers, many from the Kahnawake reserve near Montreal. According to official accounts, five workers died during the construction.[30] Governor Smith's grandchildren cut the ribbon on May 1, 1931. Lewis Wickes Hine's photography of the construction provides not only invaluable documentation of the construction, but also a glimpse into common day life of workers in that era.[31]
And we can't build a doggone indoor practice facility in less than 2 years in 2016. Get somebody on this thing that knows what they are doing! It should take 4 months.
Not relevant in today's construction world. Permits up the yin yang. That said, it's unlikely that complete working drawings are yet available and this is a fairly complex building with extensive clear space and height if a full size field is required. Could possibly beat 2 years but it will be tight.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It really shouldn't take more than a year even with the permits that are required today. Warehouses and factories 20 times the size are put up in 9 months and that includes conveyor systems and racking.
Anything is possible given the right situation, but the type buildings you are referencing are not really comparable. The level of finish required, the HVAC systems, the safety implications with the number of occupants, etc. This is not a high rise warehouse. You can't have columns in the middle of the field. Also unlikely that the project could be fast tracked given the budget so far noted. I'm just happy we're moving forward and looking forward to seeing the plans.

I will give you the columns but warehouses have HVACS, Offices, 400 employees in it at a time and miles of conveyor. Since the IPF is being built on an existing field I wouldn't imagine it wouldn't take long to move dirt. Maybe the inspections take longer in Florida but have seen facilities just as complex as an IPF go from dirt to unload trailers in 9 months, and those buildings are a lot bigger. The Atlanta Braves new baseball stadium is supposed to be completed in a time of 2 years and 1 month, which I would wager is more complex than an IPF.

Look at the image of the side of Auburns facility, there just isn't a lot of detail.
Designing the Modern College Football Practice Facility - Athletic Business[PF3]/0/

The Empire State Building was designed by William F. Lamb from the architectural firm Shreve, Lamb and Harmon, which produced the building drawings in just two weeks, using its earlier designs for the Reynolds Building in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, and the Carew Tower in Cincinnati, Ohio (designed by the architectural firm W. W. Ahlschlager & Associates) as a basis.[23][24] Every year the staff of the Empire State Building sends a Father's Day card to the staff at the Reynolds Building in Winston-Salem to pay homage to its role as predecessor to the Empire State Building.[25] The building was designed from the top down.[26] The general contractors were The Starrett Brothers and Eken, and the project was financed primarily by John J. Raskob and Pierre S. du Pont. The construction company was chaired by Alfred E. Smith, a former Governor of New York and James Farley's General Builders Supply Corporation supplied the building materials.[1] John W. Bowser was project construction superintendent.[27][28][29]
Excavation of the site began on January 22, 1930, and construction on the building itself started on March 17—St. Patrick's Day—per Al Smith's influence as Empire State, Inc. president. The project involved 3,400 workers, mostly immigrants from Europe, along with hundreds of Mohawk iron workers, many from the Kahnawake reserve near Montreal. According to official accounts, five workers died during the construction.[30] Governor Smith's grandchildren cut the ribbon on May 1, 1931. Lewis Wickes Hine's photography of the construction provides not only invaluable documentation of the construction, but also a glimpse into common day life of workers in that era.[31]
And we can't build a doggone indoor practice facility in less than 2 years in 2016. Get somebody on this thing that knows what they are doing! It should take 4 months.
Not relevant in today's construction world. Permits up the yin yang. That said, it's unlikely that complete working drawings are yet available and this is a fairly complex building with extensive clear space and height if a full size field is required. Could possibly beat 2 years but it will be tight.

It really shouldn't take more than a year even with the permits that are required today. Warehouses and factories 20 times the size are put up in 9 months and that includes conveyor systems and racking.
Anything is possible given the right situation, but the type buildings you are referencing are not really comparable. The level of finish required, the HVAC systems, the safety implications with the number of occupants, etc. This is not a high rise warehouse. You can't have columns in the middle of the field. Also unlikely that the project could be fast tracked given the budget so far noted. I'm just happy we're moving forward and looking forward to seeing the plans.

I will give you the columns but warehouses have HVACS, Offices, 400 employees in it at a time and miles of conveyor. Since the IPF is being built on an existing field I wouldn't imagine it wouldn't take long to move dirt. Maybe the inspections take longer in Florida but have seen facilities just as complex as an IPF go from dirt to unload trailers in 9 months, and those buildings are a lot bigger. The Atlanta Braves new baseball stadium is supposed to be completed in a time of 2 years and 1 month, which I would wager is more complex than an IPF.

Look at the image of the side of Auburns facility, there just isn't a lot of detail.
Designing the Modern College Football Practice Facility - Athletic Business[PF3]/0/
It's a good article, I've pulled out several design standards that have similar parameters. My guess is that the "other" facilities...i.e. the lockers, weight training, offices, etc. Will likely be a one or two story appendage. I haven't been on the campus in a long time, are the relatively new football facilities adjacent or close to the proposed site (has that even been decided yet?). If they can somehow incorporate the old and new that could ease the budget some. The clear height mentoned in the article was less than others I have seen but close to the low end of the range. Do you know if they have selected a design firm yet? They may have someone doing conceptual - who also might be qualified to develop construction docs. If not they will have to select a design firm which will take at least a month and figure docs will take at minimum 2 or 3 months (optimistic) but won't be able to get into great detail until such time as the geotech and site engineering have occurred. Florida with it's penchant for sinkholes is always a delight for engineers. Although it's possible they already have that info on hand from other projects. A lot of stuff has to go on before the construction clock will get started. Also made me curious about Cannon Design. The Cannon I know of was HQ'd in Grand Island, NY but perhaps they finally moved out of there or aquired a sports arm. I hope you are right and they can get it done faster.

CMR is showing great leadership!!!!

This confirms my suspicions that Richt is a true master (metaphysically speaking). By this one gesture he has implemented the law of attraction and the universal law of reciprocity.
You gotta give to get.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Time will tell what he does at Miami however there cant be any doubt - Coach Mark will leave this program in a better place then AL did, or Randy or Coker or Dennis for that matter. Of the last 5 coaches only Butch left the program headed in the right direction

Advertisement

It's a good article, I've pulled out several design standards that have similar parameters. My guess is that the "other" facilities...i.e. the lockers, weight training, offices, etc. Will likely be a one or two story appendage. I haven't been on the campus in a long time, are the relatively new football facilities adjacent or close to the proposed site (has that even been decided yet?). If they can somehow incorporate the old and new that could ease the budget some. The clear height mentoned in the article was less than others I have seen but close to the low end of the range. Do you know if they have selected a design firm yet? They may have someone doing conceptual - who also might be qualified to develop construction docs. If not they will have to select a design firm which will take at least a month and figure docs will take at minimum 2 or 3 months (optimistic) but won't be able to get into great detail until such time as the geotech and site engineering have occurred. Florida with it's penchant for sinkholes is always a delight for engineers. Although it's possible they already have that info on hand from other projects. A lot of stuff has to go on before the construction clock will get started. Also made me curious about Cannon Design. The Cannon I know of was HQ'd in Grand Island, NY but perhaps they finally moved out of there or acquired a sports arm. I hope you are right and they can get it done faster.

From what Peter has said, it will attach to the existing facility. I have no clue if they have hired a firm for the actual design. I would be nice if they had and already had permits submitted but I don't know.

CMR is showing great leadership!!!!

This confirms my suspicions that Richt is a true master (metaphysically speaking). By this one gesture he has implemented the law of attraction and the universal law of reciprocity.
You gotta give to get.

Absolutely! This demonstration will be received well by the university community. He's definitely generating a lot of good will and recruits are taking notice given the caliber of coach he already is. Won't be long until #TheURisesAgain .

The only thing Jimbo Fisher ever donated to anybody was his wife's ******.....

Not to be crass, but wasn't there a rumor she (now is ex-wife) had an affair with a player(former?)

Ouch.

Yes, that is why what I said is so **** funny!!!

Making it worse, the player was from UF.

Taylor Jacobs was her personal trainer, he gave " training " off the clock too

Advertisement
Back