Richt comments on NJOKU

the TE has accounted for 20 receptions for 321 yards so far. Richards has 15 receptions for 304 and Coley 22 for 291. I think the problem was THIS game that saw very little passes to the TE. Overall though his comment is not off base.

Miami Hurricanes 2016 Statistics - Team and Player Stats - College Football - ESPN

Except we have two TEs who are NFL caliber players. Perhaps we should throw more. In any case, they combined for 4 catches and 28 yards against FSU.

Whatever, though. "Don't listen to what people say; watch what they do."

Richt's true feelings on this will play out on the field. I think he generally feeds the media crap as it relates to substantive football. And, that's fine.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Please go back and watch tape of when he was the OC at FSU, or even the first couple years at UGA when he was calling the plays. It's not "Big 10" conservative. It is, however, a run first, power offense that he uses to open up the passing game. He does need an OLine though. For sure.

The stupid on this board is truly amazing. It has been 5 games. You don't fire a coach because your team is in great shape. We lost a 50/50 game to FSU. Any one of 6 specific plays/calls go the other direction, we win. 9-3 was a realistic goal before the season and it still is quite reasonable and realistic. Go have a drink, change your tampons, and start using the 90% of your brains that are left dormant. It is a wonder half of you can chew gum and walk at the same time.

LOL......do you think after all his years in coaching that Richt doesn't know what to say to the Herald beat reporters? Do you smell what the Rock is cooking?........possum.

Advertisement
The stupid on this board is truly amazing. It has been 5 games. You don't fire a coach because your team is in great shape. We lost a 50/50 game to FSU. Any one of 6 specific plays/calls go the other direction, we win. 9-3 was a realistic goal before the season and it still is quite reasonable and realistic. Go have a drink, change your tampons, and start using the 90% of your brains that are left dormant. It is a wonder half of you can chew gum and walk at the same time.
How dare you assume my gender.

Reported.

Advertisement
Please go back and watch tape of when he was the OC at FSU, or even the first couple years at UGA when he was calling the plays. It's not "Big 10" conservative. It is, however, a run first, power offense that he uses to open up the passing game. He does need an OLine though. For sure.
Is his offense at FSU even relevant anymore? I don't believe he ran that offense even in his first years at UGA.

Maybe this board is making too much of that offense he ran. So many innovations and variations have come about since then that his offense from his FSU days is probably outdated anyway.

Last edited:
Is his offense at FSU even relevant anymore? I don't believe he ran that offense even in his first years at UGA.

Maybe this board is making too much of that offense he ran. So many innovations and variations have come about since then that his offense from his FSU days is probably outdated anyway.

It's like people bragging about Buddy Ryan's 46 defense if we hired Buddy Ryan's Corpse as HC. Run that **** today, and any competent OC would hang 70 on you.

Advertisement
Like anyone that hasn't practiced their craft in a long time, I think he should go and see what others are doing, specifically in his speciality (offense). I see no harm in that. Some of the offensive minds in CFB are absolutely brilliant. Pick their brain and learn what you can. Ain't no shame in that.

Like anyone that hasn't practiced their craft in a long time, I think he should go and see what others are doing, specifically in his speciality (offense). I see no harm in that. Some of the offensive minds in CFB are absolutely brilliant. Pick their brain and learn what you can. Ain't no shame in that.

Agreed. Drew Brees said a few years ago that every off season he and Sean Payton watch cut-ups of all the NFL offenses the previous year. They find plays that might work and incorporate them into their playbook. Way to stay innovative.

I wish I were a reporter. I would ask him if he does anything similar.

Aw **** 2 the no

First the 3 straight runs up the gut and into the teeth of the defense in crunch time when we NEEDED a TD, and now this ****

C'mon Richt!

He is clueless. Too many early warning signs to ignore. Love our defense, but offense is dreadful.
He needs to hire an O coordinator at the end of the season, regardless of our record... It's imperative for his success.

I have full faith in Richt, but there's no question we need an OC.

Advertisement
Back