Richt: Come to Pitt game

Our fanbase is ridiculous.

Nebraska with the same tradition and just about the same down time as Miami, still packs their stadium out each and every game! Coaches at Miami will always face this uphill battle because this fan base *****es and turns their back when the team is bad. But when the team is winning will kill for the team! Get off the **** message boards this Saturday and go to the **** game.

Cheer, Boo, Do whatever just be there to make some noise! Don't compound the problems and control what you can control as a fan.

I am flying down because it is my annual homecoming game!

Because what the fvck else is there to do in NEBRASKA?

There's much better things to do in Miami than sit out in the south Florida sun at noon and watch a team struggle to beat the Wake Forests of the world.

This.

If the product wasn't so dull then you could make a case for attending this game but let's face it, watching this team is like watching someone kick your dog for four hours. Makes more sense to do something that will end up being enjoyable.

Advertisement

Nebraska with the same tradition and just about the same down time as Miami, still packs their stadium out each and every game! Coaches at Miami will always face this uphill battle because this fan base *****es and turns their back when the team is bad. But when the team is winning will kill for the team! Get off the **** message boards this Saturday and go to the **** game.

Cheer, Boo, Do whatever just be there to make some noise! Don't compound the problems and control what you can control as a fan.

There's much better things to do in Miami than sit out in the south Florida sun at noon and watch a team struggle to beat the Wake Forests of the world.

BS been hearing same excuses for 30 years if you are a fan you go if not shut the **** up and go home.

PITT is among the ncaa leaders in sacks. We can't block for shizz. They put up 30+ points a game. Offense has yet to score more than 21 against P5 schools. Missing one of our best corners and the other is banged up. PITT is a smash mouth team, our youngsters are already worn out due to lack of depth. Saturday is going to be a train wreck, but there is not a **** thing Richt can't do about it. He can't get the OL to block any better and he can't sit the non performers since the players on the OL bench probably wouldn't even be able to start at D2 schools. Redwine is the next best CB and he is also a guy who shouldn't be a starter. At rb we have average players. They can't grind yards purely on talent alone. They need an OL to give them lanes. Defensive players are in the backfield before some of the OL are even getting out of their stance.

What's the most famous line in Miami history? "Next man up." If you don't perform, we'll put in someone else. We aren't even one deep at most positions. There is no offensive scheme that can protect an OL that can neither pass block nor run block. I've never seen an OL that is that bad at both things. The D is going to be gassed because the only LB backup who plays is Owens and he is turrible. This is 90% a talent problem. These are not excuses, these are facts.

And my fanhood is not conditional. I know how far we have to go to be competing for championships. It's four years away. Sucks, but that's the way it is. An all timer like Saban might have squeezed two more wins out of the team so we'd be 6-2. But that would be fools gold. Might be feeling better but even that team would have no real shot at beating a team like Clemson or Bama. The following year would be the same. Not on the level of a national title contender. Maybe year 3, so an an all time great coach might get us there one year faster than Richt. We need depth depth and more depth. There are no one year miracles when you are trying to raise a program from the dead. And don't fool yourself, we have been dead as a nationally competitive program since about 2004.
Are we playing Pitt or Alabama?

BS been hearing same excuses for 30 years if you are a fan you go if not shut the **** up and go home.

And if the masses keep being okay with mediocrity and being irrelevant, you'll keep hearing those "excuses".

Y'know, it's funny that no one seems to like the fans' excuses for not attending these ****shows the past 10+ years, but you guys will defend the **** out of these coaches making excuses. Maybe you should trust the fans' process instead of being upset with them.

Advertisement
if fans won't come to the games when the team is down, don't bytch because recruits won't come either

This is an excellent point because the fans are being offered the same things recruits are being offered. Fans are spending their own money to sit around a bunch of stinky, drunken degenerates in a 100 degree cauldron to watch a dull product. Same exact thing recruits would get if they sign with UM.

Its gonna be an ugly, ugly scene at The Rock on Saturday. I've been asking around to find out who from my group is going and I keep getting "No's" lol. I have an extra ticket and I don't think I could even pay some people to take it.

Advertisement
Its gonna be an ugly, ugly scene at The Rock on Saturday. I've been asking around to find out who from my group is going and I keep getting "No's" lol. I have an extra ticket and I don't think I could even pay some people to take it.

Make me an offer....

I go to each game and anyone who is a fan should go too. This program gets little support so Miami needs all the support they can get. Empty stadiums hurt recruiting and if you aren't winning and don't have support then why would recruits want to come here? It's not about being a superfan, but it's one of the only things you can do to try and help the program succeed.

Consistent, sell out crowds at Wrigley Field over the past 108 years were the catalyst to improving the product on the field the last two years, no doubt.

Advertisement
Lot of big time prospects visiting

There sure is and unfortunately Richt is learning really quickly the challenges of coaching here. Sorry but there is ZERO amount of imploring fans to show up is gonna work. History has shown that as fact. If you can't actually win on the field......you aren't gonna get the fan support. FACT

If you can't create a decent schematic advantage.....put AT MINIMUM an exciting product on the field, the seats will be empty. Instead we suck in the W/L column and run a scheme that's been out of date for over two decades.......slow, plodding, **** offensive scheme. No one wants to spend their hard earned cash on a **** product.

Start winning (or at least showing signs of life / improvement) and people will show up. Don't and you'll go by the gutter like the previous 3 dunce's.

Even if he was winning big, there's a good chance this fanbase wouldn't show up anyway. Go back and look at those classic OB games, lots of empty seats, unless it was a HUGE game, with national title implications. Other than that, fans did what they do best: Nothing.

Infamous stats of the day:
Average Attendance, 2001-
Average attendance for our 5 Championship seasons-

Give it to some appreciative Hurricanes fan.

I refused to sell 2 tix to ND fans at 1/3 the price before the game.
I mountain-climbed up to row 60 in my section and gave away 2 seats in row 6.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I just talked myself into going. You know me..anything for the kids.

It's been mentioned but it's worth repeating here. There's roughly 35,000 actual Miami fans in the south Florida area. They're the ones buying season tickets every year and the ones who go to home games that aren't vs FSU. The rest of the people who occasionally show up are just casual fans who don't consider attending a football game if the team isn't winning big. There's nothing particularly wrong with that. There's plenty of ways to spend a Saturday afternoon that don't involve football. Facts are facts. Even when Miami was on top of the football world, they were only averaging around 50k at the Orange Bowl. People don't seem to remember that because they only went to the FSU game that was sold out. The following weeks against Rutgers or some other bums, the 35,000 suckers (myself included) were the only ones in the stadium again.

Everybody in my group is going, I'd rather watch Miami play football than anything else and I only get to do it live six times a year without traveling so...

If lived in s Fla I would go because Deejay Dallas is taking his ov and bringing Holloman and possibly a OT prospect with him. If we are going to get better we need talent and showing a good crowd should help even though I am fairly sure we are getting an L. Pitt has a good offense and pass rush. Our pitiful OL doesn't stand a chance. I don't blame Richt for that. He didn't recruit these marshmallows. Not one.

Advertisement
Back