Richt: Come to Pitt game

Good post OP! However, You will notice that 98% of the replies come from a franchised fan base that has never been to a game all year. Let alone the fact they have been complaining about the team and coaches since the beginning of time. For example, We have practically a brand new stadium and nut two spaces above is complaining about not coming because of trivia questions. Unfortunately, they all are like bunch of termites anyways! Constantly eating away at the program...

The stadium itself is great. If I could just sit in the stadium with nobody else inside for 4 hours I'd be all about it.

Advertisement
Good post OP! However, You will notice that 98% of the replies come from a franchised fan base that has never been to a game all year. Let alone the fact they have been complaining about the team and coaches since the beginning of time. For example, We have practically a brand new stadium and nut two spaces above is complaining about not coming because of trivia questions. Unfortunately, they all are like bunch of termites anyways! Constantly eating away at the program...

The stadium itself is great. If I could just sit in the stadium with nobody else inside for 4 hours I'd be all about it.

Would there be a game going on, or would you be sitting in complete solitude looking at blades of grass?

People who are fans of sports teams go to as many games as they can, whether they are winning or losing. That's what being a fan means. If you have the opportunity to go to games and you don't, you're not really a fan.

Not only is the experience of tail gating and watching football fun, it also directly helps our team through support and showing future and current recruits that there is a legitimate fan base that isn't going to bail as soon as things get tough. That is important.

Our fans need to be like the Cleveland Brown fans, that team sucks yet they show up every Sunday cheering

The games are great, the stadium is great, the weather is going to be epic, I love life, some of ya'll don't, don't forget to turn the lower **** clockwise to channel 33

Advertisement

Would there be a game going on, or would you be sitting in complete solitude looking at blades of grass?

I'd be the only soul inside the stadium. Maybe CanesFam could be tailgating outside if they wanted to.

I'd be the only soul inside the stadium. Maybe CanesFam could be tailgating outside if they wanted to.

Sounds zen-like. I think I'd at least need to bring a periodical to read in case I got bored.

I'll be there win or lose.

Spoken like a TRUE FAN I am driving 200 MILES for the game while the local crybabies sit at home and complain. I went to every home game in the 70's when we won 41 total games as my father raised me to support your team win or lose. I still have a season ticket and make as many games as possible despite living 200+ miles from the stadium. Cry Cry Cry but have enough guts to show up and support YOUR team.

Advertisement
And if they banned tailgating before games half of you superfans wouldn't show up either. The outcome of these games doesn't matter to the majority of people who attend our games. They're at the game to tailgate and have a good time.

Pitt has allowed an average of 36 points in their last seven games.

I'll delete my account forever if Miami breaks 20 points.

At some point in time, you dumb corksuckers will realize that this team has about 35-40k fans who go to games through thick and thin. When we get more than that, it's the bandwagon and big event cumstains looking to jump on something hot.

When we suck, we get our actual fan base of 35-40k. When we're completely hopeless, that number drops some.

Advertisement
If you call yourself a fan, and you're able to go, you go.
Period.

No other way around it. If you're a "fan" and you post on here (no matter what you're saying) and have the ability to go to a game, you go to the ******* game because you consider yourself a "fan". Outside of that you're a soft-shouldered thread **** that doesn't matter and are only adding fuel to the fire as it relates to our fanbase's reputation.

I can't believe the asinine hatred for a guy who's trying to give us a winning program. What, did you think we already had Alabama caliber players stacked on our roster? That he would start winning from day one? You could have Jesus for a coach, and he'd still preach patience. You guys either need to help build this program back to a winning one by showing up, for games, for recruits, and yes, for losses too. Or quit calling yourselves Cane fans. You plain suck for fans. Guess what, you guys are the "Prunes out of abuela's ***" that this program has, and with this attitude, this program will always be mediocre in appeal. The U deserves better.

we're like 14 points away from being 7-1?

refs cost us at least 2 of the games, that's how tight they've been

players is what it comes down to, golden was a loser and his upperclassmen are all losers

I'll be there win or lose.

Spoken like a TRUE FAN I am driving 200 MILES for the game while the local crybabies sit at home and complain. I went to every home game in the 70's when we won 41 total games as my father raised me to support your team win or lose. I still have a season ticket and make as many games as possible despite living 200+ miles from the stadium. Cry Cry Cry but have enough guts to show up and support YOUR team.

I'll be driving 300 miles to the game like I do every home. I don't TRY to get there. I get there.

I went to every home game in the 60s and 70s when we won even less. My father AND mother taught me to support my team win or lose.

Advertisement
Gotta love a superfan thread where the sel-anointed best fans call the current players trash but demand we support the coach and the recruits who the superfans will be ridiculing in a couple years.

I'd love to hand out a survey at our games with some basic questions about the team. I truly believe that most of the 35-40k there on Saturday couldn't name 10 players on the rooster. Going to the games simply isn't the ultimate barometer for fandom. Where are all of these 'diehard Canes fans' during Canes baseball or basketball games?

I'll be there, little sad i'm missing the UVA game, but it is what it is at this point. better get like 3 JUCO OL guys next year.

Advertisement
Back